I'm still a joey harrington supporter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm still a joey harrington supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
KuD said:
I admire your devotion Slappy. While I support Joey, I can't say that I feel as strongly about him as you.

I think, if nothing else, he could remain a very servicable back-up with us. While i'm not sold on Harrington being more than a back-up here at this point, I think much less of the guy that many of you blindly support.

Explain why its blind support?

unluckyluciano said:
Explain why its blind support?

This reminds me of a post that CK made in response to a guy (likely DoggPhin) that was textbook CK - stats, facts, analysis, all the hallmarks of a classic post. Guy responds back (paraphrased) "don't give me stats, don't talk to me about any of that, I've *seen* (xplayername) and he's a superstar". There are times when no matter how much experience and statistical data you have to back you up, some people will disregard it in favor of their own opinon, and they'll baselessly call out other people out as being blind.

emocomputerjock said:
This reminds me of a post that CK made in response to a guy (likely DoggPhin) that was textbook CK - stats, facts, analysis, all the hallmarks of a classic post. Guy responds back (paraphrased) "don't give me stats, don't talk to me about any of that, I've *seen* (xplayername) and he's a superstar". There are times when no matter how much experience and statistical data you have to back you up, some people will disregard it in favor of their own opinon, and they'll baselessly call out other people out as being blind.

Are you serious??? Here??? On Finheaven??? No Freakin Way would that ever happen!!! LoL, I'll never forget all the Feeley huggers, I didn't mind the fact that they thought AJ would be a good QB, but calling everyone stupid, and that they "knew nothing about football" for disagreeing with them was quite rediculous. I must say though I think the fans have gotten better because as much as some people still support Harrintgon I haven't seen one post that was as bad as some of those were.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
It's funny the way people can keep their man crushes on a guy who is atroucious, but they hate Chambers when that same terrible QB can't get him the ball.

its amazing how when he gets the ball thrown to him, he drops it.

outlawd2u said:
Are you serious??? Here??? On Finheaven??? No Freakin Way would that ever happen!!! LoL, I'll never forget all the Feeley huggers, I didn't mind the fact that they thought AJ would be a good QB, but calling everyone stupid, and that they "knew nothing about football" for disagreeing with them was quite rediculous. I must say though I think the fans have gotten better because as much as some people still support Harrintgon I haven't seen one post that was as bad as some of those were.

Harrington's play this weekend brought a lot of folks to their senses. Having one of the worst performances by a quarterback, let alone a Dolphins quarterback will do that. If Feely had ever sucked that badly in a game, a lot of people would have realized how truly mediocre he was too. Shame it didn't happen sooner.

emocomputerjock said:
Harrington's play this weekend brought a lot of folks to their senses. Having one of the worst performances by a quarterback, let alone a Dolphins quarterback will do that. If Feely had ever sucked that badly in a game, a lot of people would have realized how truly mediocre he was too. Shame it didn't happen sooner.

Some of the passes that should have been caught were dropped. However, watching the game, Joey has to get better with his accuracy. Everyone sucked it up this sunday.

How can you continue to pump up a guy that is guarenteed to throw at least 1 INT a game??? Seriously it is a LOCK that he will throw one INT a game. And it's not even the fact that he throws the INT it's that there usually isn't a Miami receiver within 10 yards of the throw.

Slappy8800 said:
Im not gonna be on the bandwagon one week, off the next like some people. I still think Joey can be successful here.

flame away.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Why draft Troy Smith if Joey can be successful?

Slappy8800 said:
Im not gonna be on the bandwagon one week, off the next like some people. I still think Joey can be successful here.

flame away.

I was never a JH supporter. However, as someone who has always sticked to his bandwagon(s) no matter what (Brown, DC, Chambers, etc), I must say it's actually refreshing to see someone who actually sticks to their bandwagon no matter how that player does. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic).

TotoreMexico said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Why draft Troy Smith if Joey can be successful?

Someone has to take over when Joey retires? :sidelol:

DolphinDevil28 said:
I just never knew it was actually, physically possible to get a 0.0 QB rating.

Someone in the know did the math - he actually had a *negative* 18.5 rating :eek:

Slappy8800 said:

flame away.

Nice post man, that takes some balls :lol: I still think the kid can do good but his performance against the Bills has severely dampered my faith. It also brought into question wether Culpepper had a fair shot. These recievers are so godawful that I don't think any Qb will ever look good with them as his supporting crew. I mean our 3rd reciever Wes Welker is our most dependable reciever on the roster...WTF...

I am sure Saban sees this as well though so I think most likely next year will be a fresh start for both guys and Chambers and Booker both will probably be gone along with Mularkey.

Heres to hoping anyway! :cheers:

Slappy8800 said:
its amazing how when he gets the ball thrown to him, he drops it.

Yeah the ONE SINGLE ball that was deemed catchable thrown Chambers way. When your primary receiver only gets one catchable ball thrown his way, your QB is B-A-D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom