I'm Surprised That no Dolphins Players or Coaches are on this site | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Surprised That no Dolphins Players or Coaches are on this site

afishfan said:
WHY WOULD THEY WASTE THEIR TIME???? 90% OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYWAYS!!! .... I HAVEN'T SEEN A GOOD POST IN WEEKS. WE WOULD JUST FILL THEIR HEADS W/ GARBAGE. I'M GLAD THEY AREN'T HERE!!!!!!!!!!!1

You've only been here a month. :shakeno:

It's the offseason, what kind of good posts do you expect to see? Just because you don't think it's a good post doesn't mean everyone else does.

afishfan said:
WHY WOULD THEY WASTE THEIR TIME???? 90% OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ANYWAYS!!! .... I HAVEN'T SEEN A GOOD POST IN WEEKS. WE WOULD JUST FILL THEIR HEADS W/ GARBAGE. I'M GLAD THEY AREN'T HERE!!!!!!!!!!!1

I was about to say the same thing until I saw this gem.

I am sure that they check out the site, at the very least. I doubt they say anything beyond what is already known to avoid getting in trouble, if they write at all. If I was a player, I would check out the fan sites. If there was a site like this devoted to your "team" at work, wouldn't you check it out? And that would be boring as hell considering some of our jobs (or lack there of). Vanity is a powerful force only multiplied by fame and fortune.

Gonzo said:
I am sure that they check out the site, at the very least. I doubt they say anything beyond what is already known to avoid getting in trouble, if they write at all. If I was a player, I would check out the fan sites. If there was a site like this devoted to your "team" at work, wouldn't you check it out? And that would be boring as hell considering some of our jobs (or lack there of). Vanity is a powerful force only multiplied by fame and fortune.

I'd be scared to check it out. Especially if I screwed up in a game or something. I couldn't read everyone putting me down without commenting on it and getting banned. :lol:

byroan said:
I'd be scared to check it out. Especially if I screwed up in a game or something. I couldn't read everyone putting me down without commenting on it and getting banned. :lol:

That could explain what happened to some of the posters...PPK=Astrobody and his multiple personalities? marcos=Tim Bowens?

Players very well could lurk on here. I know on the Gator Board I use that former players, and people close to the basketball program post frequently... I even "exposed" one of them by accident with a post.

When Shula retired I posted a tribute to him on a board that existed at the time. I got a personal, non-standard response back (through channels, like a PM) thanking me for what I had posted, and the signature indicated that it was Shula. I don't think it was automated, or sent by a mod. It sure looked like Shula himself sent it but I couldn't prove it.

You never can tell when you will run into players or their families. A while back I took a call from a lady and as she talked about what her business was, she told me about her son and how she had traveled through our area to watch him play football... in the Senior Bowl. And how he now plays in the NFL. It turned out to be Jason Taylor's mom.

You guys that live in Plantation or Weston or somewhere like that must run into players all the time.

HysterikiLL said:
I think Jay Fiedler comes here to pick up women.

If you took one look at his girlfriend, you would quickly realize he doesnt need to do that...she's smokin

We have received word in the past that players have viewed the site, from 1st and 3rd person perspectives:) . We've corresponded with a few relatives. They are very cordial and respectful. If you dig around, you'll find some past threads with journalists that have visited, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Im actually not surprised that players dont post here, why would they do that and open themselves up to media exposure and constantly have to defend themselves? If they do, they remain anonymous, as they should...im sure there are relatives on here that choose to maintain anonymity. You try not to create more problems for yourself or family that way.

Would we welcome any of the above-mentioned people to post at Finheaven? Absolutely...but are we upset that they dont post or dont reveal their identity? Not at all....we know they lurk, and that's all that matters to us :)

And referring to one of the comments saying that most of the people on here don't know what they are talking about...some of that may be true, but players and coaching staff along with families want to see what fans are saying...if these people don't like a particular journalist and would rather not trust their word in the local rag, wouldn't they want to check out online directly from the fans rather than through a middle-man?

TerryTate said:
We have received word in the past that players have viewed the site, from 1st and 3rd person perspectives:) . We've corresponded with a few relatives. They are very cordial and respectful. If you dig around, you'll find some past threads with journalists that have visited, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Im actually not surprised that players dont post here, why would they do that and open themselves up to media exposure and constantly have to defend themselves? If they do, they remain anonymous, as they should...im sure there are relatives on here that choose to maintain anonymity. You try not to create more problems for yourself or family that way.

Would we welcome any of the above-mentioned people to post at Finheaven? Absolutely...but are we upset that they dont post or dont reveal their identity? Not at all....we know they lurk, and that's all that matters to us :)

And referring to one of the comments saying that most of the people on here don't know what they are talking about...some of that may be true, but players and coaching staff along with families want to see what fans are saying...if these people don't like a particular journalist and would rather not trust their word in the local rag, wouldn't they want to check out online directly from the fans rather than through a middle-man?

I agree that it's best for them to stay out of the light. There really is no need for them to expose themselves onto this board and considering the vast majority of posters I've seen, a really friendly, warm environment has been created and I'm sure all players, coaches, relatives, friends would feel that warmth even just skimming through a page.

I think it's kinda cool to communicate with celebrities online. Last season, Sammy Morris answered my question on the official Dolphins site questions thing. That made my week -- he went and had a 100 yard rushing game after that :D

I used to post a lot at Alicia Keys message board. It's kinda unrelated but she keeps a really close relationship with her fans on there. That's pretty cool. She writes messages about them and when we used to go to concerts, she'd ask about us and remember stuff about us.

In conclusion, celebrities are cool. I need a shower.

FireWrongstedt said:
I'm actually Aubrey Beavers.

I thought you were Aubrey's Beaver.

Shawn Wooden was a big net fan and I'm sure he checked in.

i think clumpy is from the fins-organisation. all his cap knowledge and camouflaged as a bills-fan makes him a suspect...

Pig farmers think the world revolves around pig farming. Investors think the world revolves around the stock market. From first hand experience, I know that gamblers think the world revolves around gambling.

Likewise, bloggers think the world is shaped and dependent on forums like this. The Dolphin players and organization don't give a damn and rightfully not.

Awsi Dooger said:
Pig farmers think the world revolves around pig farming. Investors think the world revolves around the stock market. From first hand experience, I know that gamblers think the world revolves around gambling.

Likewise, bloggers think the world is shaped and dependent on forums like this. The Dolphin players and organization don't give a damn and rightfully not.

There are those in the organization that check in (some of whom are required to). And I know specific players who have visted. Hey, players are bound to stumble upon you once in awhile. But family and friends do indeed read and post here.

I think the craziest incident occured last offseason, when someone started a rumor here on a Sunday morning. Two hours later, we received emails from that player's wife asking that the thread be removed.

This past August, the Dolphins had all us webmasters down for a two-day web event as thank you gesture (which was VERY nice of them). It's not as if we're of any major importance to them, and we shouldn't be. But they do know we exist. The last administration worried about this kind of thing (fansites), which is kinda crazy. Dave Wannstedt himself pleaded with us to keep our content "positive and factual".

Finally, it doesn't matter to us whether or not anyone inside the organization reads us or not. It's nice that they do. But it's not our motivation, nor should it be.

EDIT: Here's something Alphonso Roundtree wrote for us last year. Pretty cool.

http://www.finheaven.com/cms/33.html

Back
Top Bottom