I'm Watching Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell Right Now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Watching Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell Right Now

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Watching the Bucs - Vikings game now (ugh), I'm getting a chance to see what the Dolphins passed on in favor of our current crop (besides Jason Taylor). And boy do Rick and Dave look like a couple of geniuses. Mixon and Bromell are getting handled by the BUCS offensive tackles. They get no pressure whatsoever. Brad Johnson (cracked ribs and all) is 15/21 for 176 yards and 3 TDs so far. And the Bucs have 80 yards on 18 carries.

FYI - Lance Johnstone rounds out the even 3-man rotation with our former players. But the Vikes really screwed themselves by giving those boys the money they did.

I would have liked to keep Bromell but the amount of money he got was way too much for my liking. Plus, I think we are doing alright with Ogunleye in there with Bowens backing up. You are right Spielman and Wanny look like geniuses with a lot of their decisions this year.

Originally posted by Muck
Watching the Bucs - Vikings game now (ugh), I'm getting a chance to see what the Dolphins passed on in favor of our current crop (besides Jason Taylor). And boy do Rick and Dave look like a couple of geniuses. Mixon and Bromell are getting handled by the BUCS offensive tackles. They get no pressure whatsoever. Brad Johnson (cracked ribs and all) is 15/21 for 176 yards and 3 TDs so far. And the Bucs have 80 yards on 18 carries.

FYI - Lance Johnstone rounds out the even 3-man rotation with our former players. But the Vikes really screwed themselves by giving those boys the money they did.

I'd have to say Muck I wasn't dissapointed in losing Bromell at all. All his sacks were coverage sacks when the Qb was forced out of the pocket. He didn't have any moves to separate from the O-lineman. And when he played DT on passing situations and they ran it he'd be completely blown out of the play leaving a huge hole. I did feel bad about losing Mixon because he was more flexible than Bromell. Mixon was good against the run and played good at DE. Of course now we have much more depth on the D-line, so I'm not dissapointed. And Muck you have to get Directv satillite it's worth every penny and you get to tape and watch every game.

They never did anything in Miami, and I don't know why anyone said their loss would hurt us. They are average at best.

I wanted Direct TV very badly (especially the Ticket). But there were too many expenses involved (landlord and stuff). :(

I never understood why Mixon was so valuable to the DEF. He was utilized as a run stuffing DE, which is a bit odd since we had two mammoth DT's positioned to do exactly the same thing. Plays would be sprung to the outside in anycase.

Our defense is much more dynamic this year with another speed rusher playing oppositte JT. And Teams have still had difficulty running up the gut on us, so his run stuffing talents havent been missed.

I for one am glad that we didnt resign him. Hes a tweener in this league - he would be better suited if he regained the wieght he lost and played Left Defensive End in a 3-4 defense.

I liked Bromell. He can still become a 10 sack player in this league. Though with OGUN and DBowens, I see why he was expendable.

As a DE, you still have to be able to hold up at the point of attack. Doesn't matter if your DTs are stout or not. If you can't do your job outside, holes are going to open up. It's also important when the run is to the outside. In our system, everthing is funnelled to the LBs. And your DE has to be able to hold up at the point of attack to allow those LBs to get to the outside and not allow the cutback lane to open up.

Agree with you Muck. Just saying that at this point, it seems like OGUN has been able to hold up at the point of the attack, while still providing more of a pass rush than Mixon could muster.

So while Mixon did a nice jon "funneling" as you say, this year has taught me that Mixon's talents may have been extraneous to our front 7. Ogun's doing just fine.

the only negative about losing Mixon, Lo Bro and DG is that we sent our #4 pick to Car; otherwise, good ridence they were easily replaced, especially mister 15 yarder :evil:

Brommel was a dissapointment up in Minnesota because He couldn't beat out Johnstone for starting Job.I think Dolphins did the right move by not offering contract of that kind of money..Mixon is actually having a good season.He has 21 tackles comapre to Jayson Taylor 18 tackle and Mixon has 4 sacks to Jayson 5.5 ..

Back
Top Bottom