imagine if we can pickup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

imagine if we can pickup

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
rosegreen or shazor in the defensive backfield. maybe give means a shot, we need some more youht at tackle. and im sure well give wilkerson a shot. im sure theres a few other players i missed that could help us round out our weekend

Damn if we got Rosegreene or Shazor, than that would be AMAZING! Just think of WR going across the middle. They would have to worry about BOTH our Middle Linebackers, and our Safety. It would scare them half to death.

finz99 said:
Just think of WR going across the middle.

Just think about the odds of an undrafted FA developing into a solid starter.

X-Con said:

I hear Pat Williams is getting paid alot right now.

I'd definitely look at a punter too. The one position X-Con that I could see an undrafted guy doing something at is FS or RB. I think you liked Kay-Jay didn't you?

Kay Jay harris would have a hard time making the roster as he is like 26 years old already. Any of these undrafted guys will have a hard time making the roster and we would be lucky if we had 1 of them make the final 53 man roster. I can see us signing a safety(shazor) and him making it to the 53 man roster but thats about it...

X-Con said:

O calm down dude. Actually there are some players who have become solid starters. And who is to say that our safties wont get injured and one of these guys will have to come in.

Kay Jay is 26 and that's the only reason he won't make it? He's got GREAT physical talent and is a poor man's Ronnie.

Ben Wilkerson and Wale's situation are VERY similar, both were projected very high and went undrafted due to injuries. I think Wilkerson could have a Ogun type impact too!

Not to mention that Shazor was rated pretty high at his position before the draft. IDK why he dropped to going undrafted, but he obviously has the talent

I don't recall saying that it's impossible for an undrafted free agent to develop into a solid starter, I just pointed out the facts: the odds are against it. Of course you'll have your Adewale Ogunleye's here & there, but again...the odds are against it. Some people here talk about 5-10 of these guys like they're ALL going to come in here and make an impact, but it's not happening.

But yeah, I'm very surprised about Shazor going undrafted. Must've been the speed issue. He'd be a solid guy to bring in and take a chance on..

Back
Top Bottom