Imaging picking Tua at #1, and Then.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imaging picking Tua at #1, and Then....

How about thinking along this hypothetical line. Tua first which starts the run on QBs going 2, 3, and 4. We have the Texans pick which is late teens plus a mid to late 20 for Minkah. We package those to move to 5 for Chase Young!

Who says no to this highly unlikely but nice to think about scenerio?

Hurts could play himself into the 1st rnd. I’m ok with taking another qb but I would wait until the late rounds. We need to come away with 6 starters in the 1st three rounds.

Drafting Tua and having Rosen bcking him up is plenty enough, let's not over do this...
After watching Rosen last year and in relief last week, I have little hope at this point he will be a serviceable backup that can come in and win a game or two if need be. Just a deer in the headlights at this point.

Keeping Fitz for his leadership in the locker room and pass along his wisdom to Tua seems like a much more reasonable plan for next year.

Miami should get whatever they can for Rosen or just cut him lose unless there is significant progression in his play this year.

Hurts could play himself into the 1st rnd. I’m ok with taking another qb but I would wait until the late rounds. We need to come away with 6 starters in the 1st three rounds.
There are a lot of plays a creative offensive coordinator could do with Hurts as a backup. I could see him getting action in short yardage situations and even lead a team to a couple of wins if thrust into action.

I wouldn't touch Hurts before day three. And no way would I waste an additional first rounder on a QB after taking one #1 overall. It's basically a marriage when you draft a QB with the #1 overall draft choice. What type of committment would that be?

Keep tanking. Take Tua with the first pick. Draft a tackle with the second first rounder, and additional OL on days 2/3. Do it right for once. Make the investment. Protect the investment.

Hell if we draft tua, We still got rosen which is fine to put out there till he is ready.. If we didn't trade for rosen i'd say go ahead..

...Picking Jalen Hurts with our second 1st rounder?

Talk about the ultimate double down. Many of us here who follow college football know the history between these 2.

Jalen is tearing it up at Oklahoma and might walk away with the Heisman. Baker and Kyler started their last seasons in the middle of the pack re. the top draft QBs. They shot up, all the way to the top of the draft after the season was done.

It’s happening again. Jalen is showing himself to be a stud, with a HUGE chip in his shoulder. He is playing with something to prove. Humble, driven, hard working, and (my thinking) setting a goal to unseat Tua as the #1 draft pick.

A couple games into the College season, it’s going to be intense. Remember this conversation at the end of the year. Jalen starting as round 2-3 projection, I think he goes top 10.

Bama Fin, would love to hear your thoughts on this. You likely have great insight in both QBs
I was thinking we should just take Jalen anyway...we don't need to draft Tua and his father..... don't need the same headache the Lakers have!

Back
Top Bottom