IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021

lax goalie

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have been somewhat sour on our QB situation all season, felt like Tua should have rolled from day one or have stuck with Fitz when he got hot mid season. Now that its over, and there's been time to digest it all I think the healthiest thing for Tua's development is having Fitz as his backup next year. Tua wouldn't heap praise on Fitz like he does just because they play for the same NFL team. There is some actual mentoring that is happening. If Fitz can sprinkle his magic dust on Tua he will be outdoing Josh Allen's completion percentage in his year 3. I really believe that. I think you could offer him 1 year 5 million and he would probably take it. I don't think drafting a QB is a good call, which I have seen bounced around on here. I don't think trading Tua is a good call either. I feel like this year Fitz fully accepted the backup role in stride and even got another start down the stretch.

Where would Fitz theoretically leave to be a starter? What other teams would roll with him going into 2021? I don't really know. If he stays on with Miami he will likely get into some games, even if its just late game because we are torching teams, and from week 13 on since we will be 12-0 next year at that point.

There's no reason to have Tua looking over his shoulder again next year. It's either sink or swim. Surround Tua with weapons and see if he takes his game to the next level.

I doubt TT will need to look over his shoulder, even if RF returns. He's the starter and should be MUCH better in '21. *IF* Flo values the relationship between TT and RF, and, *IF* he values RF as a backup, so be it. But I have no concern about RF overtaking him or, during the season, replacing him. Not accusing you of this but some want a QB who can 'compete'/challenge TT to make him better. Ummm, unless it's RF

If you have to look over your shoulder at Fitz you suck. I don’t want him back. Did his job to bridge us. Turn the reigns over to TT, sign a serviceable vet or draft another QB. But no looking back - if there is any QB controversy let it be because we have another young QB that surprises. If Fitz is in the conversation for starter, you aren’t going anywhere and it really suggests you messed up royally in drafting your future QB.

Flores originally stated he expected all of the coaches to return. Then almost immediately Gailey announced he wasn’t going to return next season. I think he was told that the Dolphins have no intention of trying to sign Fitzpatrick and that was the reason Gailey decided to go back into retirement. Gailey doesn’t have a history of developing young QB’s and without Fitzpatrick on the team next year Gailey probably felt that he didn’t want to actually try and develop Tua.

I seriously doubt Fitzpatrick wants to come back and be the teams backup. I expect if he still wants to play he will sign with a team where he thinks he has an opportunity of winning the starting job or he will just retire and spend the next 20 plus years helping his wife raise their kids.

I hear Fitz plans to grow out his beard and have 2 or 3 more kids in calendar 2021.

that's what he should do.
Now that would be a neat trick, unless he's got a couple of Tiger Woods type "diner dolls" on the side.

Flores originally stated he expected all of the coaches to return. Then almost immediately Gailey announced he wasn’t going to return next season. I think he was told that the Dolphins have no intention of trying to sign Fitzpatrick and that was the reason Gailey decided to go back into retirement. Gailey doesn’t have a history of developing young QB’s and without Fitzpatrick on the team next year Gailey probably felt that he didn’t want to actually try and develop Tua.

I seriously doubt Fitzpatrick wants to come back and be the teams backup. I expect if he still wants to play he will sign with a team where he thinks he has an opportunity of winning the starting job or he will just retire and spend the next 20 plus years helping his wife raise their kids.
if chanster was willing to come back if fitzy was the second string QB...

that would have been weeiiiirrrrdddd

If we don't get Fitz back we should bring in Matt Moore again, he will probably have two rings by then.

You should probably wear your helmet more often while in goal. LAX is a rough sport...

Kidding. It will be interesting to see who will back up Tua, but isn’t Moore retiring also?

I have been somewhat sour on our QB situation all season, felt like Tua should have rolled from day one or have stuck with Fitz when he got hot mid season. Now that its over, and there's been time to digest it all I think the healthiest thing for Tua's development is having Fitz as his backup next year. Tua wouldn't heap praise on Fitz like he does just because they play for the same NFL team. There is some actual mentoring that is happening. If Fitz can sprinkle his magic dust on Tua he will be outdoing Josh Allen's completion percentage in his year 3. I really believe that. I think you could offer him 1 year 5 million and he would probably take it. I don't think drafting a QB is a good call, which I have seen bounced around on here. I don't think trading Tua is a good call either. I feel like this year Fitz fully accepted the backup role in stride and even got another start down the stretch.

Where would Fitz theoretically leave to be a starter? What other teams would roll with him going into 2021? I don't really know. If he stays on with Miami he will likely get into some games, even if its just late game because we are torching teams, and from week 13 on since we will be 12-0 next year at that point.
I think Tua needs to get out of his shadow.

If we don't get Fitz back we should bring in Matt Moore again, he will probably have two rings by then.
He will have 2 rings because he happens to be the backup on a team which has the best starting QB in the NFL. I like Moore but I would prefer they try and bring in a younger veteran to backup Tua and also draft a QB in the 5-7 rounds of the draft to try and develop into a backup QB.

Back
Top Bottom