IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021

Look, Fitz wants to be a starting QB ... just like almost every other QB who ever tried out with an NFL club. His reputation is as a hot and cold gunslinger, but honestly, over the last 3 years he has just been a good QB, and that definitely includes last year. So, he will have an opportunity to compete for a starting spot at multiple clubs, but not in Miami. I find it highly unlikely that Fitz decides to stay, because, like almost every other NFL QB, if he gets his chance to fight for a starting spot, he is going to take it. This is where he is very different from Matt Moore, who accepted being a backup.

Also, Tua will be looking over his shoulder as long as Fitzmagic is here. If you want your starting QB to be confident ... you need to let Fitz walk. Thank him for everything, help him when he needs it, and say nothing but great things about him to other teams. He may one day come back to help mentor Tua ... but in 2021, Tua needs to stand on his own and claim the starting spot without a QB controversy.

I'm a big fan of Fitzmagic, and while so many people just parrot the old line about him being inconsistent and being Fitzmagic one game and Fitztragic another ... he hasn't really shown that over the last 3 years. Yes, he has had bad games--as has every QB in the NFL--but his overall performances have been good ... consistently good. He makes a subpar offense productive. He proved to be a fantastic leader and the entire team believes in him. Heck, one of Tua's strengths was his ability to lead ... but this team is 100% confident in Fitzmagic and Tua is in his shadow. Listen to just about any defensive player being interviewed and it becomes clear they all believe he is our best QB. Listen to almost any offensive player and when asked about Fitzmagic they glow with praise. Unfortunately, for Tua to grow and take over ... we need to let Fitz find a new team.

Thank you for the Fitzmagic ... it will always be appreciated. Now we enter the true rebuilding phase of Coach Flo's Dolphins, and the keys have officially been given to Tua. From now on, he will sink or swim based on his performances. No more training wheels.

Look, Fitz wants to be a starting QB ... just like almost every other QB who ever tried out with an NFL club. His reputation is as a hot and cold gunslinger, but honestly, over the last 3 years he has just been a good QB, and that definitely includes last year. So, he will have an opportunity to compete for a starting spot at multiple clubs, but not in Miami. I find it highly unlikely that Fitz decides to stay, because, like almost every other NFL QB, if he gets his chance to fight for a starting spot, he is going to take it. This is where he is very different from Matt Moore, who accepted being a backup.

Also, Tua will be looking over his shoulder as long as Fitzmagic is here. If you want your starting QB to be confident ... you need to let Fitz walk. Thank him for everything, help him when he needs it, and say nothing but great things about him to other teams. He may one day come back to help mentor Tua ... but in 2021, Tua needs to stand on his own and claim the starting spot without a QB controversy.

I'm a big fan of Fitzmagic, and while so many people just parrot the old line about him being inconsistent and being Fitzmagic one game and Fitztragic another ... he hasn't really shown that over the last 3 years. Yes, he has had bad games--as has every QB in the NFL--but his overall performances have been good ... consistently good. He makes a subpar offense productive. He proved to be a fantastic leader and the entire team believes in him. Heck, one of Tua's strengths was his ability to lead ... but this team is 100% confident in Fitzmagic and Tua is in his shadow. Listen to just about any defensive player being interviewed and it becomes clear they all believe he is our best QB. Listen to almost any offensive player and when asked about Fitzmagic they glow with praise. Unfortunately, for Tua to grow and take over ... we need to let Fitz find a new team.

Thank you for the Fitzmagic ... it will always be appreciated. Now we enter the true rebuilding phase of Coach Flo's Dolphins, and the keys have officially been given to Tua. From now on, he will sink or swim based on his performances. No more training wheels.
I think this is spot on and pretty much how I feel, too. Just too lazy to write it. And why would I, when I can just come to Finheaven and just read it?

Except Flores uses Fitzpatrick as a safety blanket. And that filters down to the QB room.
Eventually Tua has earn and learn his stripes. And you don't do that if you are being pulled to watch a 38 year old bail out his coach.

I'm not nearly as worried about that as you are. Just for fun, let's say RF leaves and Taylor is the backup. If Tua is playing poorly and Miami still has a chance to come back, do you think Flo would say 'golly, if I hadn't dumped RF, I'd put in the backup,' or would he put in Taylor - the vet? RF leaving wouldn't remove the "safety blanket."

Secondly, like most here, I expect TT to play much better next year and have weapons. I don't anticipate an inept O. And I think TT has already earned the starting job. RF doesn't frighten me.

I’ll say it again, we should want Tua to play because he’s good not because there isn’t a better option. Some of you guys are funny. If Fitz was replacing Tua In 2021 he’s not it period. Just my opinion. So we want a ham and egger as a backup so poor Tua can suck and nothing can be done? Good strategy! Let’s say Tua is great and misses a couple games due to injury in a playoff stretch and the ham and egger blows 2 or 3 games a la Ray Lucas?

whats the purpose of letting Fitz go, when you are going to do a Fitz with Taylor?

I'm not nearly as worried about that as you are. Just for fun, let's say RF leaves and Taylor is the backup. If Tua is playing poorly and Miami still has a chance to come back, do you think Flo would say 'golly, if I hadn't dumped RF, I'd put in the backup,' or would he put in Taylor - the vet? RF leaving wouldn't remove the "safety blanket."

Secondly, like most here, I expect TT to play much better next year and have weapons. I don't anticipate an inept O. And I think TT has already earned the starting job. RF doesn't frighten me.

I never used the word frightened or inept.

I understand QBs can put up stinkers and learn from them. You also see alot of HCs let their players play through it.

So Flores needs to cut the umbilical cord.

I’ll say it again, we should want Tua to play because he’s good not because there isn’t a better option. Some of you guys are funny. If Fitz was replacing Tua In 2021 he’s not it period. Just my opinion. So we want a ham and egger as a backup so poor Tua can suck and nothing can be done? Good strategy! Let’s say Tua is great and misses a couple games due to injury in a playoff stretch and the ham and egger blows 2 or 3 games a la Ray Lucas?

Did you drink before posting this?

Did you drink before posting this?
Why you can’t understand it? It’s pretty simple. Do you need it Barney style?

it seems like people on here don’t want a good backup so Flo can’t switch QB’s if Tua struggles. I’d rather Tua be good enough to not get replaced. Pretty simple.

I never used the word frightened or inept.

I understand QBs can put up stinkers and learn from them. You also see alot of HCs let their players play through it.

So Flores needs to cut the umbilical cord.

I agree, and didn't mean to imply you said 'frightened' or 'inept'

Why you can’t understand it? It’s pretty simple. Do you need it Barney style?

it seems like people on here don’t want a good backup so Flo can’t switch QB’s if Tua struggles. I’d rather Tua be good enough to not get replaced. Pretty simple.

thats what it seems like to me too, that they want backup that will make sure we dont replace Tua

Brissett may be better than Tua today. Tua has the much higher ceiling and that’s what the Fins front office and fan base are counting on.
Does he though? That's whay a lot of ppl said, and I suppose it is possible. I don't see it, but everyone has their own opinion.

Pick any other player who you think has a high ceiling, and ask yourself what characteristics make that ceiling high. The starting point is almost always physical attributes.

Tua is not a NFL QB plain and simple. He's is a back up at best! Little, slow, weak arm, timid. We lost at the draft last year.

Tua is not a NFL QB plain and simple. He's is a back up at best! Little, slow, weak arm, timid. We lost at the draft last year.
I think this is premature. Tua has many qualities that are off the charts as well.

instincts
work ethic
Leadership
Twitch
Decision making
Accuracy

Let’s review your critiques

Weak arm: Fact is he’s not going to wow people with arm strength like a Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, or Justin Herbert. He has what you would call a serviceable arm along the lines of Brees, Prescott, Russel Wilson. Arm strength is key but it’s not necessarily required to have a massive arm and be successful in the league.

Slow: Tua will not beat teams with his legs. He has shown an ability however to move in the pocket, avoid some sacks, and throw on the run accurately. Again, we don’t need an RGIII here to win games.

Timid: Tua has in fact folded under pressure in the pocket. Not unlike Tannehill did for years here. This was learn on the fly and being thrown into games without a proper camp or pre season. This should get better. Tua did in fact stand tall and deliver passes under pressure in the pocket multiple times and we can build on this.

Little: again this isn’t changing. We can’t make him taller. He can continue to work out and fill out and get stronger along the lines of a Russell Wilson bulk. Again you don’t have to be 6-3 or 6-5 to be good although history shows size helps. Can Tua play bigger than his height? I say yes. Remember there’s been plenty of tall guys who play smaller throughout the history of the league. Remember Marc Wilson from Raiders? This list of tall guys playing small is quite long.

I preach patience with Tua. Can we win with Tua is the question? He has a lot of good qualities that we can build upon. He’s not Marino. But he can win a lot of games and he can lead us to a super bowl win. He won’t do this alone. Nobody can.

I think this is premature. Tua has many qualities that are off the charts as well.

instincts
work ethic
Leadership
Twitch
Decision making
Accuracy

Let’s review your critiques

Weak arm: Fact is he’s not going to wow people with arm strength like a Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, or Justin Herbert. He has what you would call a serviceable arm along the lines of Brees, Prescott, Russel Wilson. Arm strength is key but it’s not necessarily required to have a massive arm and be successful in the league.

Slow: Tua will not beat teams with his legs. He has shown an ability however to move in the pocket, avoid some sacks, and throw on the run accurately. Again, we don’t need an RGIII here to win games.

Timid: Tua has in fact folded under pressure in the pocket. Not unlike Tannehill did for years here. This was learn on the fly and being thrown into games without a proper camp or pre season. This should get better. Tua did in fact stand tall and deliver passes under pressure in the pocket multiple times and we can build on this.

Little: again this isn’t changing. We can’t make him taller. He can continue to work out and fill out and get stronger along the lines of a Russell Wilson bulk. Again you don’t have to be 6-3 or 6-5 to be good although history shows size helps. Can Tua play bigger than his height? I say yes. Remember there’s been plenty of tall guys who play smaller throughout the history of the league. Remember Marc Wilson from Raiders? This list of tall guys playing small is quite long.

I preach patience with Tua. Can we win with Tua is the question? He has a lot of good qualities that we can build upon. He’s not Marino. But he can win a lot of games and he can lead us to a super bowl win. He won’t do this alone. Nobody can.
Sound like a whole lot of what if's. Still think we should have took Herbert.

Sound like a whole lot of what if's. Still think we should have took Herbert.

But we didn't so lets give the guy we did choose a chance to succeed

I mean you can spend the next 6 months pissing on Tua or you can talk about other stuff and hope he gets better and is the guy :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom