IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021

Sound like a whole lot of what if's. Still think we should have took Herbert.
I think the Dolphins should have drafted Brees years ago. They should have drafted Aaron Rogers and they should have traded up to draft Watson or Mahomes. There are plenty of players the Dolphins should have drafted over the years which they didn’t. Yet the reality is the Dolphins drafted Tua and not Herbert and Tua will be the Dolphins QB in 2021 and hopefully for years to come.

I think the departure of Gailey really diminishes the ability of Fitz to elevate his play like he did last season. He also creates a super comfortable safety blanket for pulling Tua (if he is here), which may further delay the team’s ability to determine if Tua is truly the answer at the position.

If the teams stays with Tua as they have stated they will, I would prefer another rookie with upside to back him up. If Tua isn’t the answer, at least we can hope that the other prospect develops. If neither pan out, maybe we get another high pick and take a shot at QB again.

I think the departure of Gailey really diminishes the ability of Fitz to elevate his play like he did last season. He also creates a super comfortable safety blanket for pulling Tua (if he is here), which may further delay the team’s ability to determine if Tua is truly the answer at the position.

If the teams stays with Tua as they have stated they will, I would prefer another rookie with upside to back him up. If Tua isn’t the answer, at least we can hope that the other prospect develops. If neither pan out, maybe we get another high pick and take a shot at QB again.

A few of us have noted team's don't run with a 2nd yr QB and a rookie. May be a one off, but rare. My reading of Flo is he'll want a vet. That means TT, vet, PS QB. Doesn't sound like a rookie backup

Sound like a whole lot of what if's. Still think we should have took Herbert.
It sure seems that way today doesn’t it? Let’s see what happens. We cannot go back to draft day so Fins organization needs to build this thing and be 100pct forward looking

A few of us have noted team's don't run with a 2nd yr QB and a rookie. May be a one off, but rare. My reading of Flo is he'll want a vet. That means TT, vet, PS QB. Doesn't sound like a rookie backup
I agree. What I have posted was simply my preference. That said, the Dolphins are definitely in a unique position. I can’t recall another team having the season they have had and still have the draft picks they have.

Yes, Fitzpatrick is the greatest QB ever. We must sign him. He needs to be our starter. He has so much left in the tank. He should be our QB for the next decade.

Indeed this is going to be a long off season but in the end, Tua will be our starter and I just hope the FO get him the help he need with skill position players.

Indeed this is going to be a long off season but in the end, Tua will be our starter and I just hope the FO get him the help he need with skill position players.

I would love to agree but the more noise that comes out the more I'm inclined on believe that Tua will be forced out some way or another. I hope I am wrong.

The job belongs to Tua. He is the starter so it's his job to lose. No matter who the back up is shouldn't effect Tua's mind set or his game. We will be restocking the receiver room and the RB's room. With the right talent around him and a whole off season and pre-season we should see a big jump in Tua's on field performance. He should be a strong leader, a QB with elite accuracy and a weapon that puts pressure on opposing defenses. Before Williams got hurt there were a few moments where Tua was rocking and rolling. The D was on their heels and it was great. We can build on that.

We're a better team with Fitz as our back up. I don't care about looking over shoulders and all that nonsense. Tua is fragile and can easily get injured like his thumb last season. We need the best player possible to come in and lead our team while Tua recovers from any injuries. If we can get a better back up than Fitz then go for it but, if not, bring him back in the exact role as last season. Just don't have such a quick hook if the kid falters. Hopefully he'll come in next season with total command of the offense and hopefully he won't falter.

I would like to move on from Fitz. He served his purpose here for two years and isn't the future. Time to bring in some younger blood as the backup QB.

I have been somewhat sour on our QB situation all season, felt like Tua should have rolled from day one or have stuck with Fitz when he got hot mid season. Now that its over, and there's been time to digest it all I think the healthiest thing for Tua's development is having Fitz as his backup next year. Tua wouldn't heap praise on Fitz like he does just because they play for the same NFL team. There is some actual mentoring that is happening. If Fitz can sprinkle his magic dust on Tua he will be outdoing Josh Allen's completion percentage in his year 3. I really believe that. I think you could offer him 1 year 5 million and he would probably take it. I don't think drafting a QB is a good call, which I have seen bounced around on here. I don't think trading Tua is a good call either. I feel like this year Fitz fully accepted the backup role in stride and even got another start down the stretch.

Where would Fitz theoretically leave to be a starter? What other teams would roll with him going into 2021? I don't really know. If he stays on with Miami he will likely get into some games, even if its just late game because we are torching teams, and from week 13 on since we will be 12-0 next year at that point.
No reason to post paragraphs to back, just yep!

Back
Top Bottom