IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMHO.. We need Fitz back for 2021

Are you guys f****** kidding me with really wanting to bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back? How about let's address the elephant in the room first and foremost his salary. If he wants to play football in 2021 it's going to at least command a one-year $8 million deal, we're going to pay that for a backup, give me a break. I don't give a s*** if you freaking hate Tua, when we signed Fitzpatrick to 2-year deal he was our quarterback then, and now we're going to pay a backup an annual salary that may be the equivalent to paying the likes of an Aaron Jones from the Packers at running back, give me a damn break.

Are you guys f****** kidding me with really wanting to bring Ryan Fitzpatrick back? How about let's address the elephant in the room first and foremost his salary. If he wants to play football in 2021 it's going to at least command a one-year $8 million deal, we're going to pay that for a backup, give me a break. I don't give a s*** if you freaking hate Tua, when we signed Fitzpatrick to 2-year deal he was our quarterback then, and now we're going to pay a backup an annual salary that may be the equivalent to paying the likes of an Aaron Jones from the Packers at running back, give me a damn break.
Agree. Nothing against Fitz but we aren't going to the Super bowl with him and it's time to find out what Tua can do without the aura of being replaced for the "closer". I honestly don't think we will but even if it means taking a step back 2021 has to be Tua's team.

Word

Yeah, I say give Fitz an 17th season to really prove if he’s a franchise QB. I’m sure he’s finally figured out now how to curb the interceptions and prevent his teams from missing the playoffs. I mean if we could give Ryan 7yrs, why not 17yrs for Fitzy?

I didnt read any of this thread but will say no! If you want Tua to grow he has to make mistakes and not have a career backup giving him advice. If Tua needs advice he can get it from Marino!

Fitz may well retire or look elsewhere for a chance to be a 1 yr starter. If he's willing to stay as PURELY a backup, I'm all for it. QB's can be injured for 1,2, 5 games or whatever. He's a really good backup, and they can make or break a season when 1 or 2 games is the difference between playoffs or not.

I have been somewhat sour on our QB situation all season, felt like Tua should have rolled from day one or have stuck with Fitz when he got hot mid season. Now that its over, and there's been time to digest it all I think the healthiest thing for Tua's development is having Fitz as his backup next year. Tua wouldn't heap praise on Fitz like he does just because they play for the same NFL team. There is some actual mentoring that is happening. If Fitz can sprinkle his magic dust on Tua he will be outdoing Josh Allen's completion percentage in his year 3. I really believe that. I think you could offer him 1 year 5 million and he would probably take it. I don't think drafting a QB is a good call, which I have seen bounced around on here. I don't think trading Tua is a good call either. I feel like this year Fitz fully accepted the backup role in stride and even got another start down the stretch.

Where would Fitz theoretically leave to be a starter? What other teams would roll with him going into 2021? I don't really know. If he stays on with Miami he will likely get into some games, even if its just late game because we are torching teams, and from week 13 on since we will be 12-0 next year at that point.
I like Fitz and would love to have him back. I think he provides mentor-ship and experience. I also don't think the team has any issues about a divided locker room. However, selfishly I wouldn't mind Fitz being gone just b/c fans don't seem to be as smart and I'm forced to read a bunch of dumb posts whenever Fitz throws some unlikely, but successful passes. In the end it will probably depend on Fitz. Does he look for a chance to start somewhere one more time?
NO MOVE ON!!!

Maybe we should carry one QB (Tua) and have Bowden and Perry backup? That way if Tua plays badly he can’t be replaced :rolleyes:.

Now with players anonymous talking to media about FItz...blah blah blah..they've effectively killed any chance of Fitz coming back...GOOD!!!

I think Tua needs to grow out a beard like Fitz, and make his own magic without Ryan always there.

Back
Top Bottom