IMO - Dolphins thought Watkins would be Inactive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO - Dolphins thought Watkins would be Inactive

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The only logical explanation to this Watkins mess - Dolphins coaches did not gameplan for him because they thought he was too injured to play.

He was probably the only WR who caught passes from T. Taylor. Even Clay had a bad game and we had a good plan to stop him (I see a little Campbell influence there since he is a former TE)

But how do you leave 4'4 Grimes who is no Revis/Sherman one on one with Watkins, the Bills best and most productive WR since Eric Moulds.

Once again, I have to ask this question.. Is it talent or coaching/schemes???

Yeah but we should have made adjustments at halftime. Like switching to cover 2.

The only logical explanation to this Watkins mess - Dolphins coaches did not gameplan for him because they thought he was too injured to play.

He was probably the only WR who caught passes from T. Taylor. Even Clay had a bad game and we had a good plan to stop him (I see a little Campbell influence there since he is a former TE)

But how do you leave 4'4 Grimes who is no Revis/Sherman one on one with Watkins, the Bills best and most productive WR since Eric Moulds.

Once again, I have to ask this question.. Is it talent or coaching/schemes???

I hope that is incorrect.....if not, we need to fire more people.

I'm thinking we put our best corner on their best receiver....which is what happened. I think Warren4prez has a point in that we should have made adjustments at half time.

Clearly the idea was let's put our shutdown guy on their best receiver mano a mano, and let the best man win. And that's what happened.

Back
Top Bottom