IMO Parker just got Landry his Contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO Parker just got Landry his Contract

pacresjt

Active Roster
Reaction score
After watching Parker under deliver for 3 seasons, his inability to play through a season; I think he’s put the Icing on the cake for Landry’s extension. His last two games showing unreliability, lack of separation, lack of ability to battle for the ball and letting balls slip through his hands into the defenders hands at the goal line has sealed both his and Landry’s Fate. It’s time to deal him for a late round pick (hopefully a 5), lock up Landry, pick up a higher round receiver, dump Grant and let Scott, Ford and Caroo battle for the 4th and 5th spot. I wish we could have sealed up Rishard Mathews at the 5 mill price Tag. Parker is another high round receiver bust. Ya he’s had a couple of good games but every WR has one or two. We need a guy that Only has one or two bad games.

Neither player should get a long-term contract.

You don't build around a player the caliber of Parker, and you also don't slant your salary cap toward a slot receiver to the degree Landry will demand.

The team already has a poor salary structure, by virtue of paying players at non-influential positions lots of money. Landry's extension would make that situation only worse.

You don't build around a player the caliber of Parker, and you also don't slant your salary cap toward a slot receiver to the degree Landry will demand.

The team already has a poor salary structure, by virtue of paying players at non-influential positions lots of money. Landry's extension would make that situation only worse.
I agree. Ass backwards salary structure. We pay Pouncey when we should be paying a LT. We pay Suh when we should be paying a pass rusher. We pay jones when we should be paying a cb. Qb, LT, pass rusher, & cb should be the only players making big money & only a qb should be making qb money. Everyone else is interchangeable.

I agree. *** backwards salary structure. We pay Pouncey when we should be paying a LT. We pay Suh when we should be paying a pass rusher. We pay jones when we should be paying a cb. Qb, LT, pass rusher, & cb should be the only players making big money & only a qb should be making qb money. Everyone else is interchangeable.

Yes, those players, and a real top-notch all-purpose threat wide receiver (i.e., not Landry), along with a top-notch tight end, in today's NFL.

Also a top-notch free safety that has a significant effect on opponents' passing games (i.e., not Jones).

If Parker can't get it going by next season, I would keep him as at least a backup WR if we can't get a decent draft pick for him. The light might come on eventually.

You pay your playmakers until you find better playmakers at better positions. Juice, Suh are our play makers currently. Thats just 2 when we need at least half a dozen. Tunsil, Parker, Ajayi, Jones should be on this list to if they were getting coached properly. Harris, Tank and Godolux are rising stars if we coach them.

You pay your playmakers until you find better playmakers at better positions. Juice, Suh are our play makers currently. Thats just 2 when we need at least half a dozen. Tunsil, Parker, Ajayi, Jones should be on this list to if they were getting coached properly. Harris, Tank and Godolux are rising stars if we coach them.

Oh no you don't. You don't lock yourself into undesirable salary cap positions by paying players big money at non-influential positions just because they're "your" playmakers.

They need to be playmakers that win in the league overall, not just in comparison to the rest of the mess in the Miami Dolphins' current locker room.

Oh no you don't. You don't lock yourself into undesirable salary cap positions by paying players big money at non-influential positions just because they're "your" playmakers.

They need to be playmakers that win in the league overall, not just in comparison to the rest of the mess in the Miami Dolphins' current locker room.
Then we have no team or future. One thing I truly believe once being on a roster full of world class athletes myself is if you want to be the best you go with the best. The best talent, coaching etc. It rubs off. Sure once you get lots of talent on the team you can cull the less desirable positions. Until that time you run with what you have. This pie in the sky posts that the draft has all the answers is nuts.

Then we have no team or future. One thing I truly believe once being on a roster full of world class athletes myself is if you want to be the best you go with the best. The best talent, coaching etc. It rubs off. Sure once you get lots of talent on the team you can cull the less desirable positions. Until that time you run with what you have. This pie in the sky posts that the draft has all the answers is nuts.

The problem with the boldfaced portion above is the dead money salary cap hits that ensue when that approach is taken, which preclude a team from paying as much to talent at the more desirable positions.

Also, there is nothing wrong with being a truly bad team until you're a truly good team. That has the effect of getting a team better draft positions. You don't want to short-circuit that process by being a half-assed bad team, that neither contends nor drafts highly. Go ahead and be a truly bad team and build the team in the most efficient manner.

I can see both sides of the argument here regarding salary cap management. In my opinion, I do think you bring Landry back w a long term deal. He’s an ingredient you need on a championship team. I also don’t see him getting lazy after making big money - he loves competing too much.

Now on the other hand, I’ve seen enough of Parker to also believe that, should he land a big contract somehow, he will only get more lazy than he already is. I let him play out his rookie contract and if he’s still the same guy as he is now then I don’t make much effort to resign him. Roll w Jarvis and Stills - they are young as well and continue to develop the guys behind them.

Landry is the one and only player on this team that plays with any heart and fire. Period. We pay him whatever we need to and hope we can find more players like him.

I agree. Wide receiver is currently the most stacked position year after year in terms of draft rated players. More receivers with make-it grades than the league can handle. There is no excuse for not having a solid talented receiving corps top to bottom.

Landry looks fine where we are now. He looks awful compared to where we aspire. You don't pay a limited guy elite money just because he makes us seem tough once in a while.

Parker is the same guy I watched live in that Canes/Louisville bowl game years ago. I know I've mentioned it frequently but it's such a standout memory. I knew he was highly rated so I expected to see a dynamic receiver. I watched him every play to begin the game. It was incomparably boring. Parker was a lumbering big guy who ran with his head down and didn't even seem to understand or care that the goal was to get separation.

He can make sporadic plays but they are so random I don't know how you count on it.

Three 100+ yard games out of 37 played
"F" his "Potential" moniker
"This dog doesn't bite"

Landry is our only legitimate weapon. You don’t get better by trading away your only legitimate weapon. Landry is also one of the top WR’s in the league. You don’t have the opportunity to draft one very often. I remember another Dolphins WR talent that we undervalued due to his position named Walker. I remember fans on this site discussing his value and how he wasn’t producing because he didn’t have the touchdown numbers of a number 1 WR. People were thrilled when we let him go until NE got him and destroyed teams using our overrated WR for years. Let Juice go at your own peril and watch the Pats snap him up and start owning everyone with him.

I think some of you are in denial. There is no sutch thing as an all rookie SB team. Elite talent is hard to find at any position. When you are successful finding it, you need to keep it, not let it go and redraft it for a lesser quality player so you can afford it. Miami’s cap problems aren’t our draft picks, it’s our free agent signings and trades that kill us.

Back
Top Bottom