IMO... We gotta take a qb (long post) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO... We gotta take a qb (long post)

For those that say AJ needs a better line, look at David Carr at Houston. He was sacked an average of 3.1 times per game whereas Feeley was sacked an average of 2.1 times per game. Carr threw one int for a TD whereas Feeley threw 5. Carr put up an 83.5 rating whereas Feeley's was 61.7.

The only advantage Carr has over Feeley is that he has started more games but Feeley has been in the league longer and is older.

Point is...at some point in time, we have to stop making excuses for incompetence and called it out when we see it. Feeley has to be responsible for his performance and frankly his performance has not been good enough.

And Carr has spent 3 or 4 yrs. in the same Offense.

thepoolboy said:
For those that say AJ needs a better line, look at David Carr at Houston. He was sacked an average of 3.1 times per game whereas Feeley was sacked an average of 2.1 times per game. Carr threw one int for a TD whereas Feeley threw 5. Carr put up an 83.5 rating whereas Feeley's was 61.7.

The only advantage Carr has over Feeley is that he has started more games but Feeley has been in the league longer and is older.

Point is...at some point in time, we have to stop making excuses for incompetence and called it out when we see it. Feeley has to be responsible for his performance and frankly his performance has not been good enough.

bdmagnum said:
I agree, the name Eli comes to mind.
Eli took about 4 games to work the kinks out than lit up the last 2 games vs Pitt and someone else decent (forget who, but remember watching it). I hate Aj but youre making a huge mistake comparing him to Eli.

Id be fine if we took Smith @ 2, traded down and took Campbell or Orton in rd 2, McPherson in rd3/4, Fitzpatrick or Orlovsky as a day 2 pick.

Joey 22 said:
And what if the rookie flops also? A RB wont flop.
Sammie Smith, Ron Dayne, John Avery, JJ Johnson -- the list goes on and on....

finfansince72 said:
Say youre a Qb and you play against NFL quality defenses (good ones in philly) everyday in practice.

Uhhh...Seeing as he ranked third on the depth chart, I highly doubt that once the season began he ran anything other than the scout team. The scout team? Yea, the scout team.

finfansince72 said:
THeres no excuse for Feeleys poor decisions and inept play, he looked terrible last year and for a Qb thats had experience as a backup for years he should have been prepared to start any given week. Thats how he was prepared in Philly for years, he should have been ready.

Last I saw he managed to lead the team to at least two wins out of five. That's after sharing the reps with another QB in training camp in an offense that he had never seen run by people who had never ran it.

That's how he was prepared in Miami. Let's see how was he prepared in Philly?

Three years in the same offense with the same head coach, offensive coordinator, QB coach, and most importantly THE SAME OFFENSE.

BTW....You could have given Dan Marino two good knees and he still wouldn't have been able to do shizit with this team last year. They had no direction.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter who the QB is. If he doesn't have time to throw and is getting hit, his play will be horrible and he will be innacurate. I feel Feeley showed toughness that most, including his teammates didn't know he had. He improved once the predictable ways of DW ended. The guy desrves another shot playing for good coaches and an improved line. If he fails badly then yank him, but for what we paid for him give him a shot.

You are right about that, but that point and time is not yet. He simply needs a better chance to suceed and if not then he has to go.

thepoolboy said:

ZOD said:
Ladies and Gentlemen....

With the ninth overall pick in the first round, I give you..

:bravo: SAMMIE SMITH :bravo:

Ladies and Gentleman....with the 27th overall pick I give you Lorenzo Hampton

Ladies and Gentleman........with the 27th overall pick I give you John Avery

Now, how did we do with our last two first round QB's? Hall of Famers!

Back
Top Bottom