"Impact Player" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Impact Player"

Phin_Phan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OK, Saban said he wants an "Impact Player at the #2 spot." So, take away what you think we should do, doesnt matter what postion.......who do you think is the best "impact player" at the #2 Spot? and why.....

I say Braylon Edwards, he's the next Randy Moss I think, he seems to cacth EVERYTHING........so if Saban wants the best player regardless of postion, I think Braylon is the man!!

I've been going back and forth on this for a few days now. I do think Edwards brings the best value with the #2 pick, but its not Miami's most pressing need.

I agree 100%.......but again.......Saban said regardless of postion, he said he wants THE BEST at #2.......but I know, its not the most important need

I hope we go Benson, but right now I really don't know who the BPA is. The combine should give us a good idea of that.

Phin_Phan said:
OK, Saban said he wants an "Impact Player at the #2 spot." So, take away what you think we should do, doesnt matter what postion.......who do you think is the best "impact player" at the #2 Spot? and why.....

I say Braylon Edwards, he's the next Randy Moss I think, he seems to cacth EVERYTHING........so if Saban wants the best player regardless of postion, I think Braylon is the man!!
He catchs everything but the easy ones. Edwards has bust written all over him imo, I could be wrong, and I probably am but I just get a bad feeling from him. I think Derrick Johnson, maybe Mike Williams or one of the 3 RBs when I think impact player.

Antrell Rolle. (needless to say it would be smart to get rid of Sam in this case)

Mel Kiper lists Cedric Benson as the best talent. I think alot of phin fans are looking to much into an "impact" player, because all teams hope to get impact players in the draft, especially early, the guys who don't end up being "impact" players are labeled busts.

I say Braylon Edwards, he's the next Randy Moss I think, he seems to cacth EVERYTHING.

Not really. He drops a lot of easy passes & catches some of the most difficult passes, similar to McMichael now. In the Rose Bowl vs Will Poole Edwards finished with 10 catches, 107 yards, & 4 drops. It would have been a great day for him & Michigan had he not dropped the first pass thrown at him that was an easy lob for a 60 yard TD & another one later in the game for a critical first down.

If we sign a RB instead of drafting one I tend to think we'll trade down & draft defense.

Braylon was on the NFL Network tonight and the kid seemed very down to earth, with a good head on his shoulders. I really enjoyed the interview with Rich Eisen. I would welcome him or one of the running back, Benson, Brown or Williams.

Benson's an impact player on O and DJ is one on D, I think. Benson's a guy that'll start outright if he's healthy like Julius Jones. DJ may be a backup if Greenwood resigns and we stick to a 4-3

djfresh47 said:
Mel Kiper lists Cedric Benson as the best talent. I think alot of phin fans are looking to much into an "impact" player, because all teams hope to get impact players in the draft, especially early, the guys who don't end up being "impact" players are labeled busts.
Mel is going with the safe choice ...

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Braylon was on the NFL Network tonight and the kid seemed very down to earth, with a good head on his shoulders. I really enjoyed the interview with Rich Eisen. I would welcome him or one of the running back, Benson, Brown or Williams.
He said he got the chance to talk to Marcus Allen, and Terrell Davis, and he siad the best advice he got was from these two. The advice was to stay humble, down to earth, and don't let anyone out work you, and he said that meant the most to him.

Back
Top Bottom