"Impact Player" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Impact Player"

Fin Fan in Cali said:
He said he got the chance to talk to Marcus Allen, and Terrell Davis, and he siad the best advice he got was from these two. The advice was to stay humble, down to earth, and don't let anyone out work you, and he said that meant the most to him.
In other words, "Don't be yourself"

phinphan11 said:
In other words, "Don't be yourself"
I hear what you saying, but the kid seemed to be pretty mature, and ready to show his skills in a very professional manner, no ego, but was looking forward to get in the NFL. I thought the interview was very geniuwine myself. I liked the way he presented himself. It could be a well scripted presentation, but I didn't get that impression.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I hear what you saying, but the kid seemed to be pretty mature, and ready to show his skills in a very professional manner, no ego, but was looking forward to get in the NFL. I thought the interview was very geniuwine myself. I liked the way he presented himself. It could be a well scripted presentation, but I didn't get that impression.
If the choice is WR then I would really consider Mike Williams first. I believe that his long lay off caused alot of ppl to forget just how dominant he really was. The guy was a monster. He only caught everything that came his way... some times he even used two hands...:lol:

phinphan11 said:
If the choice is WR then I would really consider Mike Williams first. I believe that his long lay off caused alot of ppl to forget just how dominant he really was. The guy was a monster. He only caught everything that came his way... some times he even used two hands...:lol:
If anyone can evaluate college talent its Nick. The question with Mike Williams what has he done this whole season off? I agree with you that he was great at USC. Hopefully he stayed focussed and sharp during his year off awaiting his eligability.

phinphan11 said:
Mel is going with the safe choice ...
That's the thing, I think Cedric Benson would make the most "impact" of any player drafted for the Phins.

One of the QBs, Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards, or Mike Williams (leaning towards Williams).......Those are my choices as of now.

if we're going to draft a running back i say go Ronnie Brown. This guy is a workaholic and he's the total package. Fast, big, and can catch.

Cedric Benson, DJ, and Mike Williams. For an OL impact player, Elton Brown.

if we do pick up a FA rb i hope Johnson steps it up at the combine so maybe he will warrant a number 2 pick

Cedric Benson is probably the most 'NFL-ready' and could have started for alot teams last season in the NFL. He is the 'safest' top pick in the draft IMO. I'd say this draft is more talented on the offensive side of the ball. Especially at the top of the draft.

Who knows what those QBs, Rodgers and Smith, will turn out like and no D'Brickashaw so no top tackle available. And I'm not too familiar with the Auburn RBs so I can't really say anything other than what I've read. The 2 WRs Braylon and Mike would be the only players close to being 'impact' players but there are questions there with Mike not playing last year and Braylon being inconsistent with his catches.

Unless we get a blockbuster offer to trade down a only a couple of spots, like big-time draft picks I have to say I'll be very disappoited if we don't select Cedric at #2.

You want the most physically fit player? You want the most talented player? You want the most complete player? The player who will bring you the most impact immediatly? Two words: Derrick Johnson

NIMA said:
You want the most physically fit player? You want the most talented player? You want the most complete player? The player who will bring you the most impact immediatly? Two words: Derrick Johnson
wow you just totally sold me on him wait a minute is this Tony Robbins

No, of course... not... Hey what's that-- :escape:

:tongue:

In general Mike Williams is the biggest impact player in this draft.

However, Benson would probably impact this team the most... we need a runner and he is the best one available.

Back
Top Bottom