Important difference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Important difference

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
The coaches, players, are not tanking (trying to lose). They are trying to win. Trying hard for their contracts and playing time and roster spots for the future.
We just are not good enough.
No OL, DL, RB, WR, depth.......

I definitely agree that the players aren’t trying to lose for many reasons. The front office set the team up for failure but with the goal of getting the first pick.

The coaches, players, are not tanking (trying to lose). They are trying to win. Trying hard for their contracts and playing time and roster spots for the future.
The coaches are tanking. If they know of the intent and have no problem with it, to the point they can look at the media and lie (I would never disrespect the game like that...yeah right!) then they can call games like the B'More game. If there was no stink about that stinker, we would have seen that product 15 more times this season.

If they (Flores, Greir) weren't trying to lose Rosen would be in there and they wouldn't have blown up the OL prior to the 1st game after having the same group there save Tunsil the entire preseason
They are trying to lose

Of course, and as the season goes on it will get worse due to injuries and when players start giving up. It's inevitable.

Once again, what difference does it make at this point? We nneded to blow it up and start from the bottom up and that's what they're doing. Will it work? We don't know. Part one is done. Getting rid of older players(for the most part) with bad contracts and get as many picks as possible and get under the cap by as much as possible. All that is done.

Part two is the hard part. Getting the right players in free agency and the draft. Standing by at this point cause we can't do anything about it till the off season comes. Actually there is one thing we can do.......root for Pitt and Houston and the saints to lose a lot.

Once again, what difference does it make at this point? We nneded to blow it up and start from the bottom up and that's what they're doing. Will it work? We don't know. Part one is done. Getting rid of older players(for the most part) with bad contracts and get as many picks as possible and get under the cap by as much as possible. All that is done.

Part two is the hard part. Getting the right players in free agency and the draft. Standing by at this point cause we can't do anything about it till the off season comes. Actually there is one thing we can do.......root for Pitt and Houston and the saints to lose a lot.
THE big question is will we hit on free agents (I cannot remember all of the failures but the LBrs Wheeler and Ellerbe come to mind) and hit on the draft (Dallas Thomas, Asiata, Eddie Moore, Jordan). Were past failure due to Parcell's influence? TBaums? Gase?
We will see how good Flores Grier can do.

THE big question is will we hit on free agents (I cannot remember all of the failures but the LBrs Wheeler and Ellerbe come to mind) and hit on the draft (Dallas Thomas, Asiata, Eddie Moore, Jordan). Were past failure due to Parcell's influence? TBaums? Gase?
Right. That is the question. Like I said, they've done part one perfect. Now lets see if they can do part two.

This is why Fitz is the QB. He can’t play anymore. No way you can win w him out there. So we are trying but we are neutered. Like when the Colts played Painter and Orlovsky.

I think our biggest issue with free agents has been Ross wanting “splashy” guys to sell tickets and merchandise that don’t fit into what the team is trying to do. Guys like Suh who we have to overpay to the point they can never live up to their contract. Hopefully, that era is over.

The coaches are tanking. If they know of the intent and have no problem with it, to the point they can look at the media and lie (I would never disrespect the game like that...yeah right!) then they can call games like the B'More game. If there was no stink about that stinker, we would have seen that product 15 more times this season.

No, they are not. I see improvements in play and understanding of scheme across the board. There is a definite talent gap including with the experience of the coaching staff, but I do not see a single coach or player tanking.

No, they are not. I see improvements in play and understanding of scheme across the board. There is a definite talent gap including with the experience of the coaching staff, but I do not see a single coach or player tanking.
You don't have to tank when your talent level would be a 4/10 going against no lower than 5/10 teams talent wise...

To lose like we did in game one was unacceptable. What I'm saying is that if nobody made a stink about it, that would have been par for the course the rest of the year.

Flores was indeed tanking in game 1. There's NO WAY he could have been that bad.

You don't have to tank when your talent level would be a 4/10 going against no lower than 5/10 teams talent wise...

To lose like we did in game one was unacceptable. What I'm saying is that if nobody made a stink about it, that would have been par for the course the rest of the year.

Flores was indeed tanking in game 1. There's NO WAY he could have been that bad.
Our previous two games against Baltimore, we lost by 32(2016) and 40 (2017)...with superior rosters to what we put on the field this year. It was almost that bad when we were a wild card team and challenging for the playoffs...
No coach is going to jeopardize a career of high 6 figure annual salaries to throw games. They don't have to...the FO ensured the roster is young and lacking talent...not to mention it was the maiden voyage of the Head coach and both coordinators...

Back
Top Bottom