"Impressed with Warner" article by John Clayton (ESPN) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Impressed with Warner" article by John Clayton (ESPN)

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
"Teams in need of a quarterback are growing more impressed with Kurt Warner's tapes than his stats. Warner went 5-4 as a starter, completing 62.8 percent of his passes, but had only six touchdowns passes. However, on 11 receptions, a Giants receiver was stopped between the opponents' 4 yard line and the end zone. His quarterback rating would have gone from 86.5 into the 100s if receivers could have broken a few tackles."

Yes Warner was impressive, the only problem was he couldn't release the ball very fast and was taking quite a few sacks.

So Are you suggesting that we sign Warner........Hell NO

clear.gif

I like Warner he is a great guy and could be a good QB in the right system and I don't think ours would be one of them especially if we don't upgrade the line.

What kind of qb would fit the discription we need? Someone who can scramble for thier life behind our sorry @ss o-line....pocket passer?...both?

Warner is a good quarterback but I dread the day he would be in Miami cause it would be a bad fit for both. I think Warner could do great things on a team like Arizona or Cleveland, both teams which could be looking for QB's in the draft but may need a holdover guy.

ive always liked the uy don't think he's coming here, but i bet we see warner in the playoffs again before he's done..frerotte will be the verteran qb we keep hearing about

Boone said:
What kind of qb would fit the discription we need? Someone who can scramble for thier life behind our sorry @ss o-line....pocket passer?...both?

Michael Vick with wings.

Boone said:
"Teams in need of a quarterback are growing more impressed with Kurt Warner's tapes than his stats. Warner went 5-4 as a starter, completing 62.8 percent of his passes, but had only six touchdowns passes. However, on 11 receptions, a Giants receiver was stopped between the opponents' 4 yard line and the end zone. His quarterback rating would have gone from 86.5 into the 100s if receivers could have broken a few tackles."

Did they also bring in the tapes where he's always getting sacked? I didn't think so, that's because there is way too many to watch....

I hope the Dolphins dont even waste their time.

IMHO Warner would be a square peg for a round hole. Whoever Starts/Plays with the dolphins this upcoming season better have some wheels under him.

Back
Top Bottom