Impressive, What Really Stands Out is...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Impressive, What Really Stands Out is......

Wait...Herbert has been damn good this year for a rookie. I don’t think it’s fair to say we have a better QB right now as if it’s Peyton Manning going up against Jay Fiedler.

I can say so, after watching 3 games from Tua and at least 5 of SD. That in this particular game, this specific week, yes Miami had the better QB.

Don't like it, don't care. Herbert has had a issue in the 2nd half of consistent output.

SD has tight loses because of their QB play after half. As for DAL and PITTS, who won? Miami could have won this game 10-9 and I wouldn't have been any less happy about it.

So the Jets should have me puckered up now days huh?
Wrong. It’s simple you really don’t watch those SD games. It’s Herbert who kept them in those games. I’m fact last week he threw two TDS in the final seconds that were dropped by his WRs. Right thru their hands. Same pass Tua threw to Hollins last week

Wrong. It’s simple you really don’t watch those SD games. It’s Herbert who kept them in those games. I’m fact last week he threw two TDS in the final seconds that were dropped by his WRs. Right thru their hands. Same pass Tua threw to Hollins last week

Actually I do.

This was not an exciting game, but:
-Great point about the adversity after the botched snap. That game might have been over had we punched in a TD instead of fumbling.
But we were forced to play and hold on. If we get into the playoffs, we will play teams that will give us a taste of adversity. Get it now- I don't care about 2-6, the Chargers don't suck. They hurt themselves. With good coaching they could be a problem.
And that’s just it and my point “we were forced to play” and we responded. How many Fins teams did we witness botch these games while the Benny Hill theme was playing in the background

I'm not sure we played that great after the mistake. We were just holding on until Herbert made his one crucial mistake, which really torpedoed their chances.
I think the sequence on D - negative run, sack, INT was just so huge because they were starting to gash us.

I'm not sure we played that great after the mistake. We were just holding on until Herbert made his one crucial mistake, which really torpedoed their chances.
My point was is that we didn’t crumble and let it get away. Every team even SB contenders look back at their season and have these kinds of wins in their season

This was not an exciting game, but:
-Great point about the adversity after the botched snap. That game might have been over had we punched in a TD instead of fumbling.
But we were forced to play and hold on. If we get into the playoffs, we will play teams that will give us a taste of adversity. Get it now- I don't care about 2-6, the Chargers don't suck. They hurt themselves. With good coaching they could be a problem.
I think it's an easier sell on next week as well. This team has had great focus, but a blowout here and you never know.

Denver isn't very good, so hopefully Miami will come out on fire and play strong throughout.

Miami seemed relatively disinterested for large chunks of the game. It seemed like a team that knew it was better playing down to the competition but turning it on when it needed to. That's interesting, because the Chargers are more talented overall, but Miami had QB and coaching advantages that the Chargers couldn't overcome.

My point was is that we didn’t crumble and let it get away. Every team even SB contenders look back at their season and have these kinds of wins in their season
Last week was the real overcoming adversity game. We faced a very competitive opponent. This week it was a bad opponent being a bad opponent. Of course we didn't fall apart and I'm happy for the win.

Some of our no frills, unheralded guys turned up big today. Players like undrafted Salvon Ahmed. Andrew Van Ginkel, Durham Smythe, undrafted Nik Needham (he kept Keenan Allen to just 3 receptions and 39 yards 1 TD) and Zach Sieler made some great plays. I even noticed Malcolm Perry and Patrick Laird on occasions. Coach Flo and his staff are getting pretty good at developing players. I think that indicates good coaching.

Last edited:
Miami seemed relatively disinterested for large chunks of the game. It seemed like a team that knew it was better playing down to the competition but turning it on when it needed to. That's interesting, because the Chargers are more talented overall, but Miami had QB and coaching advantages that the Chargers couldn't overcome.
I’m not sure “disinterested“ is a term I would use but I get where youre coming from. I took it more that they left some plays on the field and Tua wasn’t exactly gold and I think they thought the game could get away from them and played a little to cautious or safe if that makes sense.

Last week was the real overcoming adversity game. We faced a very competitive opponent. This week it was a bad opponent being a bad opponent. Of course we didn't fall apart and I'm happy for the win.
You totally missed my point. Past teams, pretty much every team we had the last 15 years would lose this game. We would always hand it over and now we didn’t. It was refreshing to see that we didn’t

Last week I didn’t feel we were facing adversity, we just stood toe to toe with a good team on the road.

The Chargers dominated the line of scrimmage both defensively and offensively. This is a game that we almost lost if that onside kick was recovered. The defensive play calling in the 4th quarter was........

Back
Top Bottom