Impressive, What Really Stands Out is...... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Impressive, What Really Stands Out is......

Miami seemed relatively disinterested for large chunks of the game. It seemed like a team that knew it was better playing down to the competition but turning it on when it needed to. That's interesting, because the Chargers are more talented overall, but Miami had QB and coaching advantages that the Chargers couldn't overcome.
Sometimes as a fan it’s hard to distinguish disinterest from being patient or getting your ass whooped. I thought the Chargers interior OL dominated that game. The scary part is they didn’t have the RB personnel, timely QB play and play calling to fully take advantage.

I totally agree the combination of superior coaching, QB play and truly high end secondary play allowed us to control the game which sort of just expired more than anything else.

Team needs remain: WR, RB, DT for me.

Tua looked way better last week than the week before and light years better this week than last week.

In the undefeated 1972 season there were some wins just like this one. One of the units steps up and the other units do their jobs and it's called a W. The best news is that Buffalo has a bye this week so a victory against Denver would put us in a tie for 1st place in the AFC East!! This team is starting to remind me a Shula coached team. They might make a mistake but they don't become unraveled like past Dolphin teams. They regroup and attack in all 3 phases! They block punts, they intercept passes, they create 3 and outs, they are super precise on offense and Gailey is performing miracles and bringing Tua along perfectly. Tua is amazing and we need to build a super offense around him in the future.

But, for right now we are sitting pretty. 5 wins in a row is almost too good to be true! 6-3 with a shot at first place coming up in Denver. Things are going very well. Let's keep the big mo going!! This team is a reflection of their Head Coach, tough, all substance and no bull **** and very passionate about winning. We've got the GM, Head Coach and QB combination that I've been screaming for for years. I wasn't sure on Grier but this last draft was Rock Star imo. I'm not scared of any team in the NFL the way were playing!! Bring them on!! Tua will pick them apart!!

When that snap got botched and SD steals the ball we were faced with important adversity right there. Especially in the last few weeks. We really weren’t expected to win in AZ but we did but I think we were expected to win this one at home. So when that plays gets botched it felt like a turning point in the game especially over the next 10 minutes and into the third quarter. And then Van Noy leaves the game I was like oh no, here it comes. The Fins the last 20 years give up the lead and crap the bed. Everytime!

This era and regime said no way. They were patient and didn’t panic and didn’t commit anymore boneheaded plays. They still made SD work for what they got.

Another important test and the Fins slayed another dragon. Things feel really good right now.

I’ve been saying this for a little bit now: These are simply not your Same Old Dolphins.

This is what a culture shift looks like.

Miami seemed relatively disinterested for large chunks of the game. It seemed like a team that knew it was better playing down to the competition but turning it on when it needed to. That's interesting, because the Chargers are more talented overall, but Miami had QB and coaching advantages that the Chargers couldn't overcome.
Welcome back j-off! You were sorely missed with your rational thinking. I agree with everything you just said, they probably didn’t want to show other teams their hand to keep everyone guessing.

Sometimes as a fan it’s hard to distinguish disinterest from being patient or getting your *** whooped. I thought the Chargers interior OL dominated that game. The scary part is they didn’t have the RB personnel, timely QB play and play calling to fully take advantage.

I totally agree the combination of superior coaching, QB play and truly high end secondary play allowed us to control the game which sort of just expired more than anything else.

Team needs remain: WR, RB, DT for me.

hard not to make interior dline a priority after that one. Might be a bigger need than edge for the rotation. This team needs another piece on the interior. Davis gets tired and gets high and is only straight line. The uptick in snaps is only gonna show that more. Seiler looks like he should be a 3rd piece in a rotation (hope we paid him like that)...strowbridge doesn’t have the size to do anything other than produce off games and at the poa will get washed out interior ask wise.

Justin Herbert looks exactly like Ryan Tannehill. The ho hum bullshit is not what a leader does. Like Awsi said, id play that guy every week and win way more than he does.

Nice call on the fins play. It was frustrating to watch. I felt something was off. Like they took the foot off the pedal a little. There are times where it seems like the play calling is lacking,

I agree with both dolfan91 and j-off, could’ve been either or combo of factors:
1. We were the better coached team and the goal was to win the game.
2. Our run DEF stinks
3. Our Off is limited due to lack of WR separation / explosion.

Back
Top Bottom