In 2020 What Teams Pick A Qb In 1st Round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In 2020 What Teams Pick A Qb In 1st Round?

Ryan Finley is looking very good in Cincinnati, said I thought the Pats would draft him because he looked closer to Brady than anyone else in the draft, his timing off the back foot is very similar, best in the draft in that Dept imo.

Maybe that will keep them disinterested in next years crop.. long ways to go but it is an interesting development

It's interesting because there's a few quarterbacks that have been performing well in preseason but they just don't get talked about.

Take a guy like Mason Rudolph for example, in 6 preseason games going back to the last year - he averages completing almost 60% of his passes, averaging about 7.6 YPA, 5 TD's to only 1 INT, and averaging almost a 95 QB rating playing with backups and 3rd stringers. He's had a couple of really good games where his QB Rating was up around 135 to 141.

But he's just not going to see the field behind Roethlisberger.

I'm not surprised to see Finley doing well so far, and a guy like Drew Lock not doing so well. But you just never know how a guy is going to pan out until you've seen him start at least 25 games of regular season action. Playing with starters and teams being able to game plan against him.

I'm fascinated with the ascendance of Garrett Gilbert.

Because he was excellent in the AAF. I know, because I watched the games, closely.

And now he's excellent in preseason of the NFL.

I mean look what Jarrett Stidham has done in New England during his first 2 preseason games. He looks completely different because he was such a bad fit for the offense Gus Malzahn runs. But that was the choice Stidham made to go there.

He was terrible against pressure at Auburn. He just completely broke down and couldn't function against any sign of it. And he hasn't seen any in New England. He's had all day to sit back there and throw. Every quarterback they get plays well in that system - doesn't matter if it's Brissett, Jimmy G, Stidham, Cassel, Hoyer, etc.

At some point he'll have to deal with pressure in the NFL though if he gets the opportunity to start regular season games.

By the way I did listen to your podcast, I posted about it in the podcast and social media forum. I really enjoyed listening to you guys I thought the football discussion was pretty good.

I mean look what Jarrett Stidham has done in New England during his first 2 preseason games. He looks completely different because he was such a bad fit for the offense Gus Malzahn runs. But that was the choice Stidham made to go there.

He was terrible against pressure at Auburn. He just completely broke down and couldn't function against any sign of it. And he hasn't seen any in New England. He's had all day to sit back there and throw. Every quarterback they get plays well in that system - doesn't matter if it's Brissett, Jimmy G, Stidham, Cassel, Hoyer, etc.

At some point he'll have to deal with pressure in the NFL though if he gets the opportunity to start regular season games.

By the way I did listen to your podcast, I posted about it in the podcast and social media forum. I really enjoyed listening to you guys I thought the football discussion was pretty good.

And it started last night in the dress rehearsal when he took 5 sacks.

LOL...You can take the boy out of Auburn,but you can't take Auburn out of the boy...

Patrick's son Bo is going to be a great one for Auburn though. I dread 3 or 4 years of that kid coming up.

I'm just glad Pinson Valley where Bo just came from is no longer in our region. Same high school where Zach Cunningham was.

Patrick's son Bo is going to be a great one for Auburn though. I dread 3 or 4 years of that kid coming up.

I'm just glad Pinson Valley where Bo just came from is no longer in our region. Same high school where Zach Cunningham was.

We'll see..I'm sure your right..but ,Gus and company aren't know for developing QB's...

We'll see..I'm sure your right..but ,Gus and company aren't know for developing QB's...

Yeah I started to say although it could very well be under a different coach. Bo is essentially just as bad of a fit for Gus's offense as Stidham was. Which is again a little odd.

i just grabbed the first power rankings i could find and will go in order...

32..Miami...unless Rosen goes the fudge off yes, even though a couple here and Sags say doesnt matter we still picking QB1 regardless
31..AZ..........Murray would have to look like Peterman for this to happen, but think he'd get another year
30..NYG.......see above just swap out D. Jones
29..Cinci.......Hundley has had rave reviews, unless he starts and sucks i could see him being given the keys to the car this year
28..Wash.....see 31/30
27..Bills.......Allen would have to be trash but still think he would get another year
26..Jets........see above
25..TB..........yup its time for a change there even if Jameis goes off dont think you could actually trust him, plus UFA
24..Det....... stafford is 31 with 3 years at high cost..barring career injury doubtful
23..Oak........yup, and carrs dead cap hit isnt unreasonable come next year, or let them battle it out
22..Den.......dont see it with Flacco and lock
21..SF.......... too much invested in jimmy g
20.. Car........If newton looks like last year, then they have to think qb in round 1,
19. Dal........only if Dak is too demanding and says he wont resign
18..Jac...........why too much invested in Foles and would be hard to get out of
17. Balt........no unless teams figure out Lamar Jackson, still think he would get another year
16. Pitt.........prob they need to, probably, unless Big Ben has a career injury doubtful, Ben wont let them tho
15...Cle.........nope, even if soph slump Baker gets another year
14...Sea.........nope cant happen even if RW turns into worse QB in league
13...Tenn......yup, even if MM shines they still prob think its time
12..GB..........nope, even if AR suffers another bad injury they'd need to piece him together cause cap hit
11..Minn......I'm going to say yes, they;ll have one year left of the Cousins contract and be ready to hand over the reigns
10..Phil........see GB
9....Atl..........nope see above
8....Tex.........nope build around Watson
7....Chi.........if the D has to carry them again they have to think about it, but prob still build around MT
6...SD...........it might be time, Rivers is a HOF'er prob but alsowill be 38 and a UFA
5...Ind..........very doubtful still building around luck
4...NE...........see pitt
3..Rams.......nope build around Goff
2..NO...........see pitt/ne
1..KC.............nope build around Pat

so i see 6 that need to go that route, and then 4 teams with aging QB's that should think QB high, BUT think the Qb's egos wont allow them and would try to convince the team to keep building around them til they are 50, all 4 of these teams are way better on paper than we are tho. If we suck this year and go for QB, one of the biggest things we cna hope for is that Hundley beats out Dalton and has a good year. Maybe im used to disfunctional organizations, i dont know if Hundley would actually be able to pass him on the Depth Chart but everything you reads says he should. but also the bright bright lights havent came on yet

Apparently INDY in the mix now too

They would but I was referring to very old post where they did not have a Qb issue - lol

Lol I was joking... I editted my post to say "yup" beside Indy. So in your quoted text is says me saying "yup" beside them.

NM just scrolled up and it didnt edit it out of your quote... I thought it would...ooops ;-D

Back
Top Bottom