In 2020 What Teams Pick A Qb In 1st Round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In 2020 What Teams Pick A Qb In 1st Round?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There are a few teams out there that will need to pick a QB in the first round.Im trying to gauge where we stand if Rosen isn't the answer.
Cinccy , Detroit,Raiders,Pitt, Titans,
Maybe Falcons and Pat's even Packers.
Miami should finish behind all those teams mentioned.

i just grabbed the first power rankings i could find and will go in order...

32..Miami...unless Rosen goes the fudge off yes, even though a couple here and Sags say doesnt matter we still picking QB1 regardless
31..AZ..........Murray would have to look like Peterman for this to happen, but think he'd get another year
30..NYG.......see above just swap out D. Jones
29..Cinci.......Hundley has had rave reviews, unless he starts and sucks i could see him being given the keys to the car this year
28..Wash.....see 31/30
27..Bills.......Allen would have to be trash but still think he would get another year
26..Jets........see above
25..TB..........yup its time for a change there even if Jameis goes off dont think you could actually trust him, plus UFA
24..Det....... stafford is 31 with 3 years at high cost..barring career injury doubtful
23..Oak........yup, and carrs dead cap hit isnt unreasonable come next year, or let them battle it out
22..Den.......dont see it with Flacco and lock
21..SF.......... too much invested in jimmy g
20.. Car........If newton looks like last year, then they have to think qb in round 1,
19. Dal........only if Dak is too demanding and says he wont resign
18..Jac...........why too much invested in Foles and would be hard to get out of
17. Balt........no unless teams figure out Lamar Jackson, still think he would get another year
16. Pitt.........prob they need to, probably, unless Big Ben has a career injury doubtful, Ben wont let them tho
15...Cle.........nope, even if soph slump Baker gets another year
14...Sea.........nope cant happen even if RW turns into worse QB in league
13...Tenn......yup, even if MM shines they still prob think its time
12..GB..........nope, even if AR suffers another bad injury they'd need to piece him together cause cap hit
11..Minn......I'm going to say yes, they;ll have one year left of the Cousins contract and be ready to hand over the reigns
10..Phil........see GB
9....Atl..........nope see above
8....Tex.........nope build around Watson
7....Chi.........if the D has to carry them again they have to think about it, but prob still build around MT
6...SD...........it might be time, Rivers is a HOF'er prob but alsowill be 38 and a UFA
5....ind...yes (editted)
4...NE...........see pitt
3..Rams.......nope build around Goff
2..NO...........see pitt/ne
1..KC.............nope build around Pat

so i see 6 that need to go that route, and then 4 teams with aging QB's that should think QB high, BUT think the Qb's egos wont allow them and would try to convince the team to keep building around them til they are 50, all 4 of these teams are way better on paper than we are tho. If we suck this year and go for QB, one of the biggest things we cna hope for is that Hundley beats out Dalton and has a good year. Maybe im used to disfunctional organizations, i dont know if Hundley would actually be able to pass him on the Depth Chart but everything you reads says he should. but also the bright bright lights havent came on yet

Last edited:
If Washington is worse than us they won’t be selecting a qb.

Bengals, probably..

I think Carr is good so I don’t see the need there..

I think Winston bounces back so we’ll be in front of them..

Don’t see the giants double dipping.

I think we’re in good shape..

I’ve said this before, and after watching our first preseason game, my opinion hasn’t changed. Looking at this roster, we should have no problem getting a QB, if Rosen fails to prove he’s the answer. If we win enough games, that we are out of position for a top QB, then Rosen wasn’t the problem

Just remember no one would have ever predicted the Cardinals to take another 1st round QB this year. Never know will happen. Anything but the 1st overall pick isn't a guarantee that the guy we want will be available when we pick.

Early look around, going to be a fair amount of teams that are going to struggle this year.

Will have competition for the hot QB names, either from those other bad teams or teams trying to trade up. Except Zona.

You just never know. It depends on who's on the board at the time teams are on the clock. Then you always have teams wanting to move up. Nothing is a sure thing but there's going to be at least 5 or 6 teams wanting to draft a QB high.

Early look around, going to be a fair amount of teams that are going to struggle this year.

Will have competition for the hot QB names, either from those other bad teams or teams trying to trade up. Except Zona.
I think crumps list is pretty solid

But, what teams do you guys see competing with us for one of the top picks? Bengals?? Jags?? Seems like other teams who finish with bad records may not need a qb, having just taken one. Like redskins, Bengals, Giants

But, what teams do you guys see competing with us for one of the top picks? Bengals?? Jags?? Seems like other teams who finish with bad records may not need a qb, having just taken one. Like redskins, Bengals, Giants

one thing goiong for washington tho is they have the easiest SOS, but also problem is...they dont need a QB.

Oak and Jags are 1 and 3 in toughest schedules (by last year of course) I could still potentially see oakland being one of the worst teams in the league.

just saw Cincis SOS is pretty low down the list, but think they just have too many injuries for that too matter. Could see oak picking #1 or trying to trade in more chips to get the #1 pick

Not going to discount any team picking another QB high just because they have one through, except Arizona.

If you target one guy, basically need to finish with like zero or 1 win, even then with sos no guarantee you get him.

Well I would say there will be a lot of teams interested in the QB market. The competent franchises with aging veterans will be looking for their replacements. Because that's what good teams do. And I'm sure the rookies would rather play for relevant franchises vs our debacle of a team.

If this Tua character is the sure shot HOF multi super bowl champ so many around here believe he is
then you can bet teams with aging *star* QBs will be in the hunt. Whoever lands the #1 pick slot will
have half the league interested in grabbing it -- and the bidding war will probably get downright silly.

BTW I know Tua is a damn decent player and all that jazz --- but it will certainly be tempting to look at
trading the pick if the comp is insane.

Beyond that -- I get the feeling you could have a few "surprise teams" really sucking bad this year based
on the every present injury possibility coupled with some dirty dogs deliberately rolling in the mud!

Being the best loser this year may be more challenging than it seems...

I think half the league would just sit tight and take Tua Tagovailoa at #1 overall, if they ended up with that pick.

The wild card in all this, the thing that people generally don't account for when they think about it, is the fact that getting to the #1 overall pick means you've sucked so badly that pretty much everyone in the organization is in danger of being thrown on their arse.

And so then you have a new guy coming in, whoever that is, or maybe it's a two-person deal with the GM-HC being good buddies like you see in New York or Miami, either way these new guys are coming in with the #1 overall pick in a draft that features a clear #1 overall pick QB. What do you think they're going to do?

They're not going to foist a holdover QB that they didn't pick, who just lost a ton of football games, onto themselves. They want, "their" guy. And Tua Tagovailoa is the sort of prospect every single GM/HC/Duo will want to tag as "their" guy.

The only teams I could feel pretty certain predicting would not take Tua Tagovailoa at #1 are the Browns, Texans, Chiefs, Eagles, Seahawks, and Cardinals.

Everyone else is anywhere from a lock to take Tua Tagovailoa, to probable, to possible depending on who gets fired and who replaces them.

Dark horse might be emerging here for a top QB selection in 2020. Garaoplo is having an epically bad camp/pre season. I looked up his contract, they can move on from him after 2019. Unreal how much money he’s made in 2 years.

They have quite a bit of DL talent in SF but there roster is still bottom shelf.

Back
Top Bottom