In A Word... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In A Word...

First things first. There's no way in hell we restructure Tannehill's contract again. That is why we haven't been able to trade him.

He is set to make about $19 mil. That can be restructured to $9.5 mil per year for two years, guaranteed. He will be the vet behind the rookie, and he could then be traded at that money. If he is cut, he will not make that money in FA. He will likley get a one year deal at significantly less.
For us the restructure results in 5 mil cap saving. We keep a vet, and could trade him later, chances are higher.
Finally, I am not a fan of scrapping the QB budget. It should be 20-30 mil per year, and paid to those deserving of it. That budget is holy and money should be always there for QBs and not spent on other roster spots. It's just the standard of the business.

He is set to make about $19 mil. That can be restructured to $9.5 mil per year for two years, guaranteed. He will be the vet behind the rookie, and he could then be traded at that money. If he is cut, he will not make that money in FA. He will likley get a one year deal at significantly less.
For us the restructure results in 5 mil cap saving. We keep a vet, and could trade him later, chances are higher.
Finally, I am not a fan of scrapping the QB budget. It should be 20-30 mil per year, and paid to those deserving of it. That budget is holy and money should be always there for QBs and not spent on other roster spots. It's just the standard of the business.
keep in mind Tanny's been hurt now 3 years in a row

keep in mind Tanny's been hurt now 3 years in a row

Yes, but he will be the backup, or if the rookie goes down he may play some. So chances of getting hurt again are much lower.
During the next two years, some team's starter may go down and they may need a starter like Tannehill, at 9.5 mil it is a much easier trade and decision.

Hopeful.

I thought Bridgewater was on his way until the injury and have liked him since Louisville so I'd be on board. I doubt there's much of a market for him now so the contract would be reasonable and even if he does stink it up (looking at you, oline) then you're still in the running for a top QB in the next draft without a dagger contract to deal with ... with a decent backup already on the roster. He's only 26, too.

He's always been best case scenario of the non draftable QBs for me.

Apathetic

Which is pretty much how I’ve felt about this team for a couple years now.

Back
Top Bottom