In Case You Missed It, Listen To Brian Flores At Today's Press Conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Case You Missed It, Listen To Brian Flores At Today's Press Conference

We won't get the first pick next year. But as long as Grier is smart and stores up picks...we'll be able to trade into the top 5 to get Tua.

He also said in an interview that he doesn't like finger pointing. "Worry about yourself"........"we only want you if you're going to help"
In other words, do your job and that job is to make the team better. I hated that Landry had to do that stupid thing each time he got a first down. Like the MVP said last night. You put your head down and go to work. No room to be cute and try to get all the attention to yourself.

Second interview (first was with Congemi) that he gave more respect to Kraft than Ross. He thanked "the Kraft family" and "Mr. Kraft" in the two interviews. In the first one he never even mentioned Mr. Ross, and in this one his only reference was to a meeting in which he listed 3 guys including "Steve" where he talked about himself … but never even thanked "Steve" for the honor of leading the team. He finally mentioned the team and fanbase, but he never even referenced our history.

I gotta say, it's a standard checklist for new coaches, and he did not check all the boxes … and it's not hard to do. I hope his attention to detail is usually much better than this. I get it, he just poured his heart and soul into winning a Super Bowl and his unit was phenomenal, he's had very little sleep, almost no focus because he's been completely into preparing for the Super Bowl, and the team he just left represented the last decade and a half of his life. But, when you are chosen for an honor like this … you need to recognize it, you need to acknowledge the team's history, and you need to stop referring to the new team you now lead as "they." When asked about the Dolphins he said "they" have always been well coached (debatable) and used the term "they" to describe the Dolphins two more times I think. Yeah, at the time he played against us we would be "they" … but when you're being named the leader, you need to start using the term "we" and I just didn't hear that enough for my taste.

Get some rest Coach Flores. Let your surreal bliss from the Super Bowl sink in, and then get to work on your NEW team. Start embracing the "we" when talking about the Dolphins, and start building a team that commands the same sort of respect you obviously still have for your old team, the Patriots.

I think the teams problems were a combination of coaching ideology, lack of talent /depth, and poor QB play.
The defensive schemes/ wide 9/ Burke were terrible.
Hopefully Flores brings a more multiple and aggressive defensive scheme to Miami.
The next steps will be rebuilding the roster and finding the QB.

How odd must it be to unofficially be head coach of one team, while coordinating said team's biggest rival in the SB. Wouldn't be surprised if the league revamps this policy.

Second interview (first was with Congemi) that he gave more respect to Kraft than Ross. He thanked "the Kraft family" and "Mr. Kraft" in the two interviews. In the first one he never even mentioned Mr. Ross, and in this one his only reference was to a meeting in which he listed 3 guys including "Steve" where he talked about himself … but never even thanked "Steve" for the honor of leading the team. He finally mentioned the team and fanbase, but he never even referenced our history.

I gotta say, it's a standard checklist for new coaches, and he did not check all the boxes … and it's not hard to do. I hope his attention to detail is usually much better than this. I get it, he just poured his heart and soul into winning a Super Bowl and his unit was phenomenal, he's had very little sleep, almost no focus because he's been completely into preparing for the Super Bowl, and the team he just left represented the last decade and a half of his life. But, when you are chosen for an honor like this … you need to recognize it, you need to acknowledge the team's history, and you need to stop referring to the new team you now lead as "they." When asked about the Dolphins he said "they" have always been well coached (debatable) and used the term "they" to describe the Dolphins two more times I think. Yeah, at the time he played against us we would be "they" … but when you're being named the leader, you need to start using the term "we" and I just didn't hear that enough for my taste.

Get some rest Coach Flores. Let your surreal bliss from the Super Bowl sink in, and then get to work on your NEW team. Start embracing the "we" when talking about the Dolphins, and start building a team that commands the same sort of respect you obviously still have for your old team, the Patriots.
I understand your points , but I chalk it up as being overwhelming moment for him. First time head coach, just won the big one, have to relocate etc. Just alot on his mind. As long as he turns out to be a good coach we will be alright. We have been a dumpster fire for so long, and our glory years a rs e well behind us, I can forgive him for not commenting on our history or thanking Ross

One thing I’ll say, everyone gets caught up on talent but if we truly play the kind of football Flores wants us too, physical, team oriented, good fundamental and disciplined football our QB better really suck if we truly want to tank. There are lots of teams that will beat themselves in today’s league and give us wins. We saw it first hand n 2008.

Reason #3 why if you expect total suckage, you may be in for a surprise.

One thing I’ll say, everyone gets caught up on talent but if we truly play the kind of football Flores wants us too, physical, team oriented, good fundamental and disciplined football our QB better really suck if we truly want to tank. There are lots of teams that will beat themselves in today’s league and give us wins. We saw it first hand n 2008.

Im a bit concerned with that TBH.

I'm one of the minority here in thinking our problems were more coaching and scheme than talent.

I just hope we dont finish 8-8 again, and I can see that happening.

Im a bit concerned with that TBH.

I'm one of the minority here in thinking our problems were more coaching and scheme than talent.

I just hope we dont finish 8-8 again, and I can see that happening.

I agree with you. I think it’s easier to be mediocre than it is to suck. Hopefully these guys will plan for that and stockpile picks too. That way we have the goods we need to move up in the draft if we are mediocre.

I agree with you. I think it’s easier to be mediocre than it is to suck. Hopefully these guys will plan for that and stockpile picks too. That way we have the goods we need to move up in the draft if we are mediocre.

Im wondering if Grier will be hot on trading down in the draft. Sounds like he wanted to last year.

If so...who will our trade partner be?

Id LOVE to pick up another 2020 first if we can.

I understand your points , but I chalk it up as being overwhelming moment for him. First time head coach, just won the big one, have to relocate etc. Just alot on his mind. As long as he turns out to be a good coach we will be alright. We have been a dumpster fire for so long, and our glory years a rs e well behind us, I can forgive him for not commenting on our history or thanking Ross
True, he's probably exhausted from Super Bowl prep and drained from the emotion of it all, and this is a real whirlwind. But, he specifically carved out thanks and lots of respect for Mr. Kraft, his old boss. He barely mentioned "Steve" and showed him no respect … twice … and that's his current boss. IMHO, those billionaires expect and are used to being treated with smiles and respect … not ignored, treated like one of the guys, and less important. Watch this space … coaches that piss off their owners even from small slights tend to have shorter tenures. Jimmy Johnson's spat with Jerry Jones being the most prominent, but we heard about Adam Gase's disrespectful comment shortly before he was fired. Just sayin' … bosses are used to being buttered, not marginalized.

From the interviews and stuff I've seen from him my big takeaway is what an awful public speaker he is, he'll need a big coach up in handling the media, mind you the Dolphins let Gase talk like a 5 year old to the press so I guess that's not a big thing. TBH it's not if you are successful on the field, and that's the key, move the narrative in the right direction for this team and I couldn't care less if he can barely string a coherent sentence without stumbling and constantly repeating himself.

I know everyone is excited but I'm still sticking with my original take on the guy that he was under qualified for this role, until hopefully he proves me wrong.

I'm cautiously optimistic, which I think that many people here are feeling as well.

I will say this, Flores seems like a down to earth, humble, and hard working guy. We haven't had a coach like that in a while (maybe with Sparano). At the root of it all, I'm just happy he's the opposite of Gase and Philbin and hoping he can turn into a bonafide head coach for us.

Yayyy I'm so excited to hear the future Scapegoat of our Verbally Stated tanking seasons to be thrown to the fire, being burned alive while screaming in agony without being given a proper chance! Good luck Coach Flores!!!

Back
Top Bottom