In hindsight, losses this season: Where is the team right now in terms of overcoming , or learning from their losses? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In hindsight, losses this season: Where is the team right now in terms of overcoming , or learning from their losses?

The coaching staff needs to prepare the team better so that if the QB1 goes down they can play with the best of them. That hasn't happened yet which is an issue. It's great that Tua is the man when it comes to the wins but that's an "all your eggs in one basket" situation. Need to prep Teddy and Skyler better to go out and don't miss a beat.
Not comfortable with a team where 1 player's health puts everything at stake.
Teddy and Skylar just aren't Tua. He's H1M.

The thing that kills me and my only concern with McD is it seems we tried to play the same kinda offense with other Qbs.

Bridgewater/Thompson are NOT Tua. In those games, our run attempts should have been a lot more than our pass attempts.

On a tangent, TT needs it drilled in his head . . . 'if the play call has a 1st read deep and it's not there quickly, throw it away.' A lot of his sacks/hits seem to be him waiting for the long route to open
What do you mean? If his first read isn’t there he needs to go to his 2nd read, and so forth. Go through his progressions, which is what he has been doing.

If he’s pressured then, yeah, throw it away.

What do you mean? If his first read isn’t there he needs to go to his 2nd read, and so forth. Go through his progressions, which is what he has been doing.

Yeah, I should have said 'if pressured'

Too obvious for someone that thinks they "know it all" - LOL

The coaching staff needs to prepare the team better so that if the QB1 goes down they can play with the best of them. That hasn't happened yet which is an issue. It's great that Tua is the man when it comes to the wins but that's an "all your eggs in one basket" situation. Need to prep Teddy and Skyler better to go out and don't miss a beat.
If it hasnt been said already because i didnt read through the thread, Adjust game plan to QBs strengths if Tua gets hurt again. Boyer has been doing pretty damn good at adjusting for injuries so he just keeps doing what he's doing.

Miami Football Hello GIF by Miami Dolphins

LMFAO

The players union has dumbed down training camp
Practices to the point that it takes each team 3 week into the regular season to get the first string ready. TC is now just to find NFL talent for the roster. As far as getting the backups ready , thee just not enough allowable practice time available for them to do more than just the basics

We have only lost 3 games and we can simply say injuries were the main reason. Without creating specific context for discussion what do you guys think are ways to overcome injuries at QB to prevent another losing stretch. There is no argument that would be contested in regards Tua since he is the best qb in the league right now but how can we prepare better in case this happens again? Is our defense any better now than what it was in our losing stretch?
I don’t think that you can prepare much better. If the qb goes down, you’re most likely done. Same for chiefs, bills, eagles or any team. Maybe you can get lucky and win a game or two.

welcome to the NFL. your QB1 goes down, so does your record.
This... I cant believe people cant wrap their mind around this... Everyone agrees that you need a top 10 QB to win games in this league, to the point where if your newly drafted QB isnt there after 2 seasons, its time to try again. People then turn around and are baffled by the idea of losing games with backup QBs(worst than top 32 QBs). This isnt rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom