In hindsight, losses this season: Where is the team right now in terms of overcoming , or learning from their losses? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In hindsight, losses this season: Where is the team right now in terms of overcoming , or learning from their losses?

The coaching staff needs to prepare the team better so that if the QB1 goes down they can play with the best of them. That hasn't happened yet which is an issue. It's great that Tua is the man when it comes to the wins but that's an "all your eggs in one basket" situation. Need to prep Teddy and Skyler better to go out and don't miss a beat.
Not comfortable with a team where 1 player's health puts everything at stake.
tbf, most teams won’t be the same without their starting QB......you can’t expect not to miss a beat.......also, Teddy got hurt so Skylar had to come in without getting first team snaps all week in practice .......then Skylar started and was playing well till he got hurt......that was not on the coaching staff imo.

1. The key is Tua, Hill and Waddle must remain healthy. Every possible scenario we can dream of is only achievable if those 3 are playing. Something nobody gives credit to Tua but its crucial is he is such a quick trower that he makes the OL look a lot better than it actually is. Same thing happened to the Patriots under Brady. If Tua is out not only the WRs will look less good but also the OL.

2. McDaniel is still learning his job, but it is amazing how his adjustments and game strategy make such a huge difference in the game. I think he is protecting Tua by having a FB and drawing quick throws that dont require long reading time. Tua excels at it with his anticipation and ball placement but I can hardly see other QBs on our roster having that kind of success.

3. Defense should continue to improve and get to the QB. If we can get to the QB with 4 and can stop the run with consistency we can be on every game. I dont understand why it seems that we let every team score early. We should try to do something different on the first quarter cause I am sure lots of games would have been less close if we just had a better first quarter of defense.

At this point, there is nothing Miami can do to fix the reasons for their losses. Of course, it's obvious that they lose without Tua, but hopefully for next year they make enough changes so that they can still win if Tua doesn't play and be even better when he does play. IMO, this is what they need to do...

Special Teams: Get a better Kicker and a good return man. Field position is important; I miss seeing Hollins downing punts near the goal line every other game! (Although, I guess it's good if they don't have to punt at all.)

Offense: Keep improving the o-line and back-ups. The speed of the WRs and Tua's quick release make them look better than they really are, and they're nowhere near as good when Armstead is out. They need a line that can provide a back-up QB with a little more time, and maybe get a real power back.

Defense: Fix whatever is causing them to be embarrassed by mobile QBs, whether it's by replacing guys who can't tackle, or improving the defensive gameplanning and scheming. Also, they allow too many guys to be wide open coming off the line or in the middle of the field. Guys returning from injury will help a bit, but maybe they need a better DC and a new defense.

IOW, they need to build a team that has an above average defense, and an offense that can be dominant with Tua, yet still be able to win with an average QB. I know it's tough to build a contender over one off-season. This year we see that the offense can be special (just need a little more upgrading on the o-line), so for next year I hope they can transform the defense into a top unit.

1. The key is Tua, Hill and Waddle must remain healthy. Every possible scenario we can dream of is only achievable if those 3 are playing. Something nobody gives credit to Tua but its crucial is he is such a quick trower that he makes the OL look a lot better than it actually is. Same thing happened to the Patriots under Brady. If Tua is out not only the WRs will look less good but also the OL.

2. McDaniel is still learning his job, but it is amazing how his adjustments and game strategy make such a huge difference in the game. I think he is protecting Tua by having a FB and drawing quick throws that dont require long reading time. Tua excels at it with his anticipation and ball placement but I can hardly see other QBs on our roster having that kind of success.

3. Defense should continue to improve and get to the QB. If we can get to the QB with 4 and can stop the run with consistency we can be on every game. I dont understand why it seems that we let every team score early. We should try to do something different on the first quarter cause I am sure lots of games would have been less close if we just had a better first quarter of defense.

On a tangent, TT needs it drilled in his head . . . 'if the play call has a 1st read deep and it's not there quickly, throw it away.' A lot of his sacks/hits seem to be him waiting for the long route to open

This is the real and hard to talk about convo regarding Tua. He has yet to be healthy an entire season. The risk of injury looms week in and week out. It’s not a knock it’s just reality and probably his biggest weakness so far in his career.

We have only lost 3 games and we can simply say injuries were the main reason. Without creating specific context for discussion what do you guys think are ways to overcome injuries at QB to prevent another losing stretch. There is no argument that would be contested in regards Tua since he is the best qb in the league right now but how can we prepare better in case this happens again? Is our defense any better now than what it was in our losing stretch?
Tua definitely grew as a QB coming off that stretch, it is noticeable and obvious.

Armstead also missed time in that losing stretch…his availability is critical!

The defense is improved with Chubb, the pressure is improved!

This offense is different than the beginning of the year. Tua was still learning it and he looks much more comfortable now.

Not only that but his confidence also looks increased and he is having more fun it seems. To me this offense is much improved from week 1 and our losses.

Tua seems like he has also learned from the concussions and seems to be making better, and more timely, decisions. Could be a coincidence but I definitely think he is looking more confident out there the last month.
Absolutely…he came out of that stretch drastically improved!

We have only lost 3 games and we can simply say injuries were the main reason. Without creating specific context for discussion what do you guys think are ways to overcome injuries at QB to prevent another losing stretch. There is no argument that would be contested in regards Tua since he is the best qb in the league right now but how can we prepare better in case this happens again? Is our defense any better now than what it was in our losing stretch?
Our protection and Tua's yet-even-quicker release. Tua's always had a quick release but he's even more decisive now. Tua's barely been touched since he came back. How long ago did we last hang a big fat 0 sacks allowed in a game? We're preventing him being out.

there is nothing like using an outlier as an example to argue a norm
I'm not trying to argue, I want a team that is better than the norm. I think all fans would have these expectations if they want their team to be viable SB contenders.

Back
Top Bottom