In Hindsight, Would You Have Preferred That Miami Also Trade Down In The First Round? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Hindsight, Would You Have Preferred That Miami Also Trade Down In The First Round?

Should Miami have also traded down in the first?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
We don't have all the info as to what trade we could have made. I believe you always listen but the fact is we don't know who would have been wheer had we made a trade from 13. Wilkins was one of my favorite players in the draft and I was hoping we'd draft him. Great potential with production and no baggage at all. I understand some people wanted O-line and that's fair because it is a big need but I believe the team had Wilkins very high on their board. I'm 99% sure than if we had traded down Wilkins would have been taken before we had been on the clock again.

It's a fair question but really incomplete cause we don't have the details and since we don't, then my answer would have to be no.

No. I did not want any of the offensive linemen. I am a big fan of Rob Staton of Seahawks Draft Blog but once I saw his final mock with I think 4 offensive linemen in the first 14 picks I thought he was nuts. There is no chance those guys were worth those slots. The players themselves don't matter. Once you get into a habit of taking offensive linemen that early you are losing to the league but you can briefly fool yourself otherwise. The last thing the Dolphins need is another excuse to fool themselves, after the 7 lost years.

If we dropped down in the first round there was too much risk of rationalizing an offensive lineman. That would have been like a semi-tank all by itself. It would have been another example of doing the wrong thing in big picture terms, but not sensing it.

Once the season ended it was obvious that many prime defenders would be available at 13. I posted months ago that I would not move down for that reason. I told my family the night before the draft that the Dolphins would likely choose among the Clemson defensive linemen. Of course, I expected Ferrell to be there also. But on draft night they acted like I knew something so I won't complain.

The brief tease was Ed Oliver. If he had dropped to 13 that would have been a bonanza. I knew it would never happen but being reasonably close at 13 made it worthwhile.

Too bad there wasn't another bong photo.

Again, Philly didn't have 22. They had 25. We would have had to trade down to 25 and then trade up ahead of Houston to get Dillard. Seems silly.
Glad you pointed that out. Kept getting confused.

I was just using that player as an example. Could have went with Kaleb McGary and the point would still stand, build around Rosen AND next year's QB.

Back
Top Bottom