In Miami, it's close, but never the cigar | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Miami, it's close, but never the cigar

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Someone other than Miami fans understand the specialness of the Dolphins..

The facts seem to get overlooked outside of South Florida, but the Dolphins deserve some kind of recognition for their remarkable ability to always be good but never great.

From 1977 to 2002, a span of 26 seasons, the Dolphins have had just one losing record, that being a 6-10 showing in 1988. That run includes 19 winning seasons and 16 playoff berths, but only 12 playoff wins. Miami has posted just seven post-season wins since last appearing in the Super Bowl in January 1985, which closed out Dan Marino's second season in defeat.

In half of those 26 seasons, the Dolphins have finished with at least 10 wins, trailing only San Francisco (19), Dallas (14) and Denver (14) in terms of double-digit success. The difference being, the 49ers, Cowboys and Broncos combined for 11 Super Bowl titles in that span, while Miami got blanked in that department.

Yes, let's hope this is the year we light that some biatch up.

sad, but true; but not so sad until the end of the season at least. We're all OK 'til Dec starts typically

Here's one I didn't realize.....

- Thirty years ago, Buffalo running back O.J. Simpson captivated NFL fans by becoming the first rusher to reach the 2,000-yard plateau. Remarkably, Simpson finished that season with 2,003 yards, or a cool 1,000 more than Miami's Larry Csonka, who was the AFC's second-leading ground gainer.

Wow.

Originally posted by Muck
Here's one I didn't realize.....

Wow.
that is amazing - the best season any RB has ever had IMO. Of course, a FB coming in 2nd with over 1000 yards is also awesome :D

??? It's a big question mark why we have these problems in Dec. and out of town games. I am hoping that the Fins can kill 2 birds with one stone this season.:fire:

The Pieces are put together....this should be the year...theres never been so many pro-bowlers on a team since i dont know when.

Back
Top Bottom