In Reality This Is Chris Griers First Miami Dolphins Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In Reality This Is Chris Griers First Miami Dolphins Draft

Best I can say about Grier is blank slate. Let’s see what happens from here.
Flores his choice.
The QB will be his choice.

No more of this hocus/ pocus front office nonsense. “No that was his draft but he was the GM but no he made the pick but no not that one that was the HC”

I agree. Don't care about that past. This is a reset IMO.

Now there is one guy. No more confusion.

And that one guy has surrounded himself with strong minds.

I have to believe that Flores and Grier spoke scheme before Flores' hire which means Grier agrees with Flores on what is needed and will draft accordingly.

But here's hoping that while listening to all input of those around him, he will have the balls to pull the trigger like trading up for Murray over a Flores need if he believes a player like that is worth it.

I think this is BS. We know, it was all Tannenbaum's fault. Really it was.

My question is who is going to replace Tannenbaum's role on finheaven? That role is the guy nobody likes who they can blame for everything that goes wrong and be careful never to give him credit for anything that goes right?

No matter what anyone says he's been the most successful non Patriots AFC East GM in the last 20 years. He's to GM's what Chad Pennington is to QB's. While not the greatest as far as the AFC East goes they are the only 2 who have had any success taking down NE. Call me when Grier builds a team that goes into Foxboro and wins a layoff game with Mark Sanchez at QB.
Tannenbaum is like an untalented iteration of LeBron... in that trying to win at all costs, he leaves messes wherever and whenever he departs.

I'd also argue that over the last 20 years Wanny as the de facto GM was more successful.

Also let's not forget that TBum was willing to take a demotion to Jets capologist.. but the incoming GM candidates didn't feel uncomfortable still having him in the building., So when Ross went dumpster diving, he essentially hired a would be capologist to run the franchise!

Tannenbaum is like an untalented iteration of LeBron... in that trying to win at all costs, he leaves messes wherever and whenever he departs.

I'd also argue that over the last 20 years Wanny as the de facto GM was more successful.

Also let's not forget that TBum was willing to take a demotion to Jets capologist.. but the incoming GM candidates didn't feel uncomfortable still having him in the building., So when Ross went dumpster diving, he essentially hired a would be capologist to run the franchise!

I hear you about Wanny I guess. Tannenbaum did leave the Jets a mess but really how much worse off were they than the Dolphins and Bills? I don't like his methods and don't want him as a GM but it doesn't change the fact that at the very least the teams he built took a couple of swings at the Patriots while the rest of the division went down looking. I'll always respect the 2010 Jets for going into Foxboro and winning a playoff game despite losing to NE 45-10 2 or 3 weeks prior. I guess where I differ from most Dolphins fans is I hate the Pats WAAAAAYYYYY more than I hate the Jets so giving them credit doesn't hurt my feelings as it would most Dolphins fans. Seriously, any Dolphins rooting for NE to beat the Jets in that playoff game is an idiot, but I'm sure they were out there.

I hear you about Wanny I guess. Tannenbaum did leave the Jets a mess but really how much worse off were they than the Dolphins and Bills? I don't like his methods and don't want him as a GM but it doesn't change the fact that at the very least the teams he built took a couple of swings at the Patriots while the rest of the division went down looking. I'll always respect the 2010 Jets for going into Foxboro and winning a playoff game despite losing to NE 45-10 2 or 3 weeks prior. I guess where I differ from most Dolphins fans is I hate the Pats WAAAAAYYYYY more than I hate the Jets so giving them credit doesn't hurt my feelings as it would most Dolphins fans. Seriously, any Dolphins rooting for NE to beat the Jets in that playoff game is an idiot, but I'm sure they were out there.

So anyone who hates the jets more than the pats is an idiot..makes perfect sense

Goat - I am writing about a 20 year slide where pickins are thin and those current names are not household around the league

They are only precious to fin fans at this point - but I like the potential but not one is a pending all star

Name the Allstars that we snag on day 3 of the draft over the past decade

It is our turn for Grier to find his nut is all I am saying

An all star in the trenches in day three would be a boon

I went back a decade. There have been 34 non-kickers drafted on the third day by the entire NFL who have made a Pro Bowl. The Fins had one (Ajayi.) They’ve been about average. I get what you’re saying about the past 20 years, and there were some particularly bad EARLY PICKS in the early 2000s.

But I just don’t agree that Grier has drafted poorly since he became GM in whatever capacity he’s had, particularly in the later rounds. I do not. I have just a little bit of faith left.

if u been around draft for 20 yr and cannot put draft together something is wrong.

I think plenty of people have eyes on both him and Godchaux. Whether they can fit the new scheme is a completely different conversation.

Godchaux is fine, Taylor is going to be special (in my opinion). It would be a shame if a scheme-related issue deterred that.

true fact about nfl draft
The NFL Draft largely remains a total guessing game. The R-squared between the overall draft pick and a quarterback’s approximate value per game in NFL seasons two through four is just 0.24, and only EDGE and LB have been more correlated with their overall draft position. But it’s important to remember that overall draft position leads to more playing time, even if it’s unjustified. The decision makers have the incentive to keep their own jobs, so they really don’t want to sit their high draft picks. This inflates the R-squared between overall draft pick and NFL success for all positions.
However, the college football player data that we have that goes back years and years hasn’t been very valuable at predicting NFL success either. The things that are somewhat helpful for evaluating quarterbacks are college fantasy points, total touchdowns, total yards, some of the rushing data, and ball velocity at the NFL Combine. Everything else largely doesn’t matter. That includes height, weight, hand size, and interceptions.

This thread title made me want to barf.

Zero accountability for 16 years in the college scouting department and two years as the team's General Manager.

This thread title made me want to barf.

Zero accountability for 16 years in the college scouting department and two years as the team's General Manager.
I don't hold Grier responsible for much of the shenanigans that have gone on here, due to the fact that Ross installed a hierarchy that was untenable.

I do understand if one feels it would have been better to jettison everyone in the decision making process though.

So let’s not pretend he didn’t have a say in both Charles Harris and Leonte Carroo picks. I need to see more out of our drafts, than the crap we have been drafting lately.

Back
Top Bottom