In the new NFLDraftCoutdown.com mock.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In the new NFLDraftCoutdown.com mock..

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know as the rounds go on it gets less and less accurate but aside from us taking Ronnie at 2, they have us taking Corey Webster (C.B. LSU from LSU)...this is an interesting idea....I'm not sure what I think..I think we have more issues to address e.g. DT, C, S...

Thoughts??

Somewhere in our draft I believe we will pick up 1 of the LSU defensive guys. Can't imagine why that will be.

How about Scott Wright from Draftcountdown is an idiot. I use to talk to the kid online earlier in the season. This kid has to be one of the biggest phonies that ever made a mock draft. All he does is go by "the buzz" he has no true opinion of his own.

I remember and I wish so badly that I would have saved this conversation I had with him back in earlier November when I asked why he didn't have Shawn Merriman on his draft board? Now I didn't watch every DE in college this season so I didn't even tell him to put Merriman on the top of his draft board or anything like that because I had no arguement for that, even though I thought he was phenomenal everytime I watched him. Now at the time I remember he Jonthan Jackson Rated 16th best on his board and I remember telling him that he is just as good if not better then Jackson and at least should be put on the draft board even if its behind Jackson. I remember his response to me was that he didn't feel Shawne Merriman was amongst the elite and he also told me that there wasn't enough "buzz" on him anyways. I argued with him telling him that he shouldn't worry about "buzz" when evaluating his own players and how he has then postioned on his own rankings but he insisted Merriman was not league of any of the players he had ranked. Three weeks later Mel Kiper threw Merriman onto his Big board and one week later Merriman was going to the Cowboys at #11 and was being prasied on his potential by Scott Wright as a tweaner LB/DE.

I've gone online many times since then to rip wright a new one but I have not been lucky enough to see him on anymore. I'm sure Wright was no fan of mine and dreaded my IMs since all I ever did was bust his balls about Lienart being a 10x better QB then his boyfriend Rodgers and how I thought Charlie Frye was 10x better then Ortin, Orlovsky, and a few other bums he had rated ahead of him when he was ranked 7 on countdown among QBs.

He never wanted to give me any slack on my evaluations but it really doesn't matter because now I can just sit back and laugh that Frye is ranked higher than all of them at number 3. It's just a shame if he weren't so stubborn and would have took my advice and evaluations seriously rather then waiting for Kiper to give the thumbs up he could have actually looked smart and ahead of other mock drafters but instead atleast in my eyes he will now never be among the elite at what he does.

Oh yeah as for Corey Webster (another one I use to argue with him about not being better then Antrel Rolle, and man do I laugh at that one now) I would be very disappointed in Saban if he invested anything higher then our 4th or 5th rd pick on this average inconsistant CB.

The only LSU players I approve of us drafting would be Ben Wilkerson in the 4th and there is a very good chance he will be there since he got injured earlier on last year and wasn't even able to work out at the combine and so on. Also I approve of Spears I think he will be a very good player in this league for years to come if he were to drop to us later in the first in the scenario of a trade down.

yamutha3002 said:
How about Scott Wright from Draftcountdown is an idiot. I use to talk to the kid online earlier in the season. This kid has to be one of the biggest phonies that ever made a mock draft. All he does is go by "the buzz" he has no true opinion of his own.

I remember and I wish so badly that I would have saved this conversation I had with him back in earlier November when I asked why he didn't have Shawn Merriman on his draft board? Now I didn't watch every DE in college this season so I didn't even tell him to put Merriman on the top of his draft board or anything like that because I had no arguement for that, even though I thought he was phenomenal everytime I watched him. Now at the time I remember he Jonthan Jackson Rated 16th best on his board and I remember telling him that he is just as good if not better then Jackson and at least should be put on the draft board even if its behind Jackson. I remember his response to me was that he didn't feel Shawne Merriman was amongst the elite and he also told me that there wasn't enough "buzz" on him anyways. I argued with him telling him that he shouldn't worry about "buzz" when evaluating his own players and how he has then postioned on his own rankings but he insisted Merriman was not league of any of the players he had ranked. Three weeks later Mel Kiper threw Merriman onto his Big board and one week later Merriman was going to the Cowboys at #11 and was being prasied on his potential by Scott Wright as a tweaner LB/DE.

I've gone online many times since then to rip wright a new one but I have not been lucky enough to see him on anymore. I'm sure Wright was no fan of mine and dreaded my IMs since all I ever did was bust his balls about Lienart being a 10x better QB then his boyfriend Rodgers and how I thought Charlie Frye was 10x better then Ortin, Orlovsky, and a few other bums he had rated ahead of him when he was ranked 7 on countdown among QBs.

He never wanted to give me any slack on my evaluations but it really doesn't matter because now I can just sit back and laugh that Frye is ranked higher than all of them at number 3. It's just a shame if he weren't so stubborn and would have took my advice and evaluations seriously rather then waiting for Kiper to give the thumbs up he could have actually looked smart and ahead of other mock drafters but instead atleast in my eyes he will now never be among the elite at what he does.

Oh yeah as for Corey Webster (another one I use to argue with him about not being better then Antrel Rolle, and man do I laugh at that one now) I would be very disappointed in Saban if he invested anything higher then our 4th or 5th rd pick on this average inconsistant CB.

The only LSU players I approve of us drafting would be Ben Wilkerson in the 4th and there is a very good chance he will be there since he got injured earlier on last year and wasn't even able to work out at the combine and so on. Also I approve of Spears I think he will be a very good player in this league for years to come if he were to drop to us later in the first in the scenario of a trade down.

Yea, I had a feeling Scott was more about buzz than anything else. But I don't think Webster would be there in the third anyway.

You know you guys really make me feel like I know it all by never arguing with me. I feel like it's a silent agreement or something.

Thanks.......... I think.............

yamutha3002 said:
You know you guys really make me feel like I know it all by never arguing with me. I feel like it's a silent agreement or something.

Thanks.......... I think.............

Haha nah but I do agree with you on the Scott thing but I think Webster is good enough to pick in the third if he is there.

oops ignore that I meant to put that on another post I had open....

You know my problem with Webster is that I just don't think he will ever be an impact palyer in the league, maybe I'm wrong only time will tell but I think we could get a player with more potential in the 3rd then Webster I mean you know who can drop sometimes in the draft I mean who would have thought that guys like Darnell Dockett, Randy Starks, Will Poole etc. would be available so late in the draft last year you've got to keep your eyes open for those guys if they are available when your number is called. Now don't get me wrong I understand why they dropped with off field problems and and bad 40 times but I'm surprised they feel as low as they did.

Well heres hoping Shazor and his poor 40 time drops him to us in the 3rd!

yamutha3002 said:
You know my problem with Webster is that I just don't think he will ever be an impact palyer in the league, maybe I'm wrong only time will tell but I think we could get a player with more potential in the 3rd then Webster I mean you know who can drop sometimes in the draft I mean who would have thought that guys like Darnell Dockett, Randy Starks, Will Poole etc. would be available so late in the draft last year you've got to keep your eyes open for those guys if they are available when your number is called. Now don't get me wrong I understand why they dropped with off field problems and and bad 40 times but I'm surprised they feel as low as they did.

Well heres hoping Shazor and his poor 40 time drops him to us in the 3rd!

Yea amen to the Shazor thing. I pray that teams pass him because of his 40.

But about Webster. I never really watched him, and was never a big fan of LSU, but he was pretty productive. Of course, this year he didnt do to well, and I dont know why. But, I would not be mad if we picked him. Also, a corner that if falls, I would be extremely happy that we picked would be Bartell.

Back
Top Bottom