In The Upcoming Draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In The Upcoming Draft...

Jay Tufele is the DT from USC and i like him too.

He is the #1 DT on some boards right now.

Probably a late 1st early 2nd round guy.

Jay Tufele is the DT from USC and i like him too.

He is the #1 DT on some boards right now.

Probably a late 1st early 2nd round guy.
If Miami drafts Chase or Smith at 1a, I would like someone like Tufele at 1b. Davis is coming along nicely at DT/NT, but still need some quality there. Winning up front!

If Miami drafts Chase or Smith at 1a, I would like someone like Tufele at 1b. Davis is coming along nicely at DT/NT, but still need some quality there. Winning up front!
I agree with a lot of your stances... but not this one.

We run a three man front most of the time. Those three men are Wilkins, Davis, and Sieler, and they are all young. Do you really think it would be a wise use of our resources to draft another DT with a high pick? I'm going to say, 'no'. There are so many places on our roster where we still need starters... I like the player, but I can't see taking a rotational D Tackle considering the shape of the rest of our team.

I agree with a lot of your stances... but not this one.

We run a three man front most of the time. Those three men are Wilkins, Davis, and Sieler, and they are all young. Do you really think it would be a wise use of our resources to draft another DT with a high pick? I'm going to say, 'no'. There are so many places on our roster where we still need starters... I like the player, but I can't see taking a rotational D Tackle considering the shape of the rest of our team.
I get that. There will be a lot of ways for Miami to go there. I do like how Davis has played the last two weeks. That's encouraging.

I would like to add a big run stuffer of a DT later in the Draft.

I don't think they need a guy like Tufele. As fever pointed out they have several young guys similar to him already.

Grab Tyler Shelvin in R 3(if possible)and you have a 2 down run stuffer).

The kid Slaton from Florida is a monster too and you could get him on Day 3 somewhere, he would be a bit of a project but that is OK.

I would like to add a big run stuffer of a DT later in the Draft.

The thing is we are not necessarily getting gashed in short yardage situations which is what a DT like that would be for. We are getting gashed in base, and that DT would not play in base. Unless they play 3-4 most of the time.

We need a DT that can penetrate and blow up plays behind the line of scrimmage.

True.

A run stuffer would be a part time player which is why you would not draft one too high.

Improving the LB group might be more of the fix that is needed.

Jalen Twyman is a good player not in the first though.

Who does Miami look at when they are looking in the middle rounds for OL help?

I fully expect our first two rounds to involve the following:

WR
LB
DE
RB

But Im fully expecting us to exit this upcoming draft with at least 2 more rookie drafted linemen. Who are the "Solomon Kindley" caliber of folks, especially at center?

WR
LB
DE
RB

But Im fully expecting us to exit this upcoming draft with at least 2 more rookie drafted linemen. Who are the "Solomon Kindley" caliber of folks, especially at center?
My current favourites (subject to change) are Abraham Lucas at RT, and Alec Lindstrom at Center.

WR
LB
DE
RB

Trey Hill

Back
Top Bottom