In your opinion..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In your opinion.....

Fins_of_Fury

In a contract year
Reaction score
Will our franchise ever be returned to the greatness it saw in the 70's and 80's? It seems like we are cursed........

When they get their heads out of their ass, and realize they need to draft playmakers ahead of non-skill positions, they might. If Tannehill doesn't work out, they can't say: "meh, we'll find someone in the later rounds. It starts in the trenches!"

It seems to me like the men in charge over the last couple of years have been using an outdated philosophy...The league is an ever-evolving beast and it seems like we can't keep up. We are just now realizing that passing offense dominates this league and of course right now we have the worst WR corps in the NFL.

Not until we get the right management who understands the importance of the QB position and play makers.

Will our franchise ever be returned to the greatness it saw in the 70's and 80's? It seems like we are cursed........

Yes exactly we are cursed. If we win Tebow i mean God will smite us for our trangressions, lol.

To be a competitive team for as long as Miami was is uncommon. Most teams go up and down based on the QB and injuries.. Pittsburgh, New Englnd have been good for a long time. When NE loses Brady we'll see up there. Pittsburgh appears to be losing it's edge - they need younger linebackers and a better secondary.

However, IMO, i feel Philbin can turn Miami (if given the chance) around and make it competitive for a decade. Just listen to him speak about the type of players he wants. And we finally have a coaching staff that teaches - they can imporve the players from their college days. A good coach goes after the type of players her wants, and then grooms them to be a professional football player (the prior coaching staff didn't know how to do this).

Ireland may or may not stick around. If he can't draft the players the coaching staff needs to win Ross will let him go. My main complaints with Ireland is (1) he's not willing to take the periodical rish on players you need to, (2) He doesn't draft well in the middle rounds (this is where the good teams get their top notch role players).

I appreciate the insight. My only hope is that we are nearing the end of our decline and will soon begin to rebound back into relevance!

With the right attitude, the right strategy, good coaching and patience from the fans, ownership and players then yes.

Football teams (as all other sports) need stability to create winnig franchises, when we finally have it we might return to glory days. Even thought I hate Ireland and want him out, it´s not good keep changing staff.

One would like to think so. And there's no reason to think it can't happen (though who knows when it will be). I'm sure that most people wouldn't have thought that going on eight seasons after 2004 (when the team bottomed out), the franchise would have righted itself. Still waiting.

We aren't cursed. We just need a superstar player or two to lead us again. The only way to make that happen is to draft really well. That's it. Our team will never go back to relevance by pissing away big contracts in free agency, or chasing washed up players, or players who others team let walk. We need to hit our draft picks at the skill positions - QB, WR, DE's, Safeties.

We should have won at least 2 more super bowls during Dan Marino's career, but Don Shula dropped the ball. Legendary coach, great for his time, but during Dan's career, he screwed up royally. Tom Olivadotti should have been fired a LONG time ago, yet he was kept on for about 7-8 years.... during which, the Dolphins had one of the league's worst defenses. You can't win championships when your offense is dominant and scores 35, but the defense gives up 40.

Anyway, I used to think the Miami Heat were cursed. I am a long time Heat fan, since 1995. The pains I went through with my Heat were tough. Then Alonzo Mourning got sick, and the Heat sucked hardcore, enough for a top 5 pick in the draft, and NAILED the pick with Dwyane Wade. Because of Dwyane Wade, Shaq suddenly wanted to come to Miami. We got a ring in 2006. Because of Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh wanted to come to Miami. Another ring in 2012 and more to come.

All it takes is to draft well. Oh, and DO NOT BE A TREADMILL TEAM. If you are going 7-9 every year, implode the team and go into LOSE GAMES MODE to get a high pick. We had our chance to do this... we could be watching Andrew Luck lead our offense for the next 15 seasons..... oh well. We will have to hope Tannehill is legit.

It seems to me like the men in charge over the last couple of years have been using an outdated philosophy...The league is an ever-evolving beast and it seems like we can't keep up. We are just now realizing that passing offense dominates this league and of course right now we have the worst WR corps in the NFL.

seeing as our biggest weaknesses are at wr and cb there is no evidence we have indeed realized it is a passing league

Its all cyclical.....just unfortunate for the phins fans that the last peak wasn't quite a super bowl contending team, even though it looked awfully close at times. Eventually either by luck or design this team will find a QB who alone can at least provide a glimmer of hope for contention.

It'll turn around for sure and it can happen fast. Look at the rams with Warner, the Cards with Warner, even the Jets can claim to be competitive. Hell we'd be talking SB this season had we landed Manning or Harbaugh.

Back
Top Bottom