Incredibly Even | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Incredibly Even

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was over at ESPN checking out the team comparison and, while we all know these teams are evenly matched, it's pretty amazing to see how evenly matched they really are. On offense, the 'Fins slightly lead most categories whereas on defense, the Broncos slightly lead most categories but the key word here is "slightly". I just thought you all would be interested in seeing the team comparisons. 'Fins v. Broncos Comparison

P.S. Chris Chambers only has 17 yards fewer receiving than Rod Smith. I just thought that was pretty cool. :D

The Broncos defense is very good at stopping mobile QBs from gaining yards on the ground...just ask Garcia

The 2 that really stand out positively for the fins is denver is allowing opposing QB's 67.9% com. percentage that's 30th in the nfl.And they have allowed 17 QB sacks thats 29th.

"Dolphins have a much better turnover ratio."

What? It's +4 to +2 in favor of the Fins. Hardly a big ratio.

And the Broncos are only allowing a high percentage of completions because the average completion allowed is a whopping 6 yards!

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Hey ... two six-yard completions=a first down!
1 to Randy and 1 to Rob - please :D

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Hey ... two six-yard completions=a first down!
that maybe true, but those 6 yard passes are dumpoffs to the back outta the backfield and they're on 3rd down

Yep... sounds like teams are avoiding that rush defense using short high-percentage passes as long hand-offs.

I believe we've got some tools for that job.

-Jeff

I'm sure this is going to be a very very very good game. But I like the trump card of Shanny as the coach, and no-one gameplans better than him. And that was awarded by his peers not bronco fans

Originally posted by sideburn
I'm sure this is going to be a very very very good game. But I like the trump card of Shanny as the coach, and no-one gameplans better than him. And that was awarded by his peers not bronco fans

Wow! Something we can agree on, Sideburn! This IS going to be a great game. I don't think you have any sort of coaching advantage though. Norv is an offensive genius. I am slightly worried about the home field advantage and Mare's problems of late. However, I still feel turnovers are going to be the key to this game. I stand by my prediction.

Fins 20
Broncs 13:

monkey: BRONCOS

That's why I give the Broncos the edge...

... even though only 55% of home teams have won their home games this year, I don't think the Broncos fall into that category. They are very tuff at home. I think it will be a close game, and the Dolphins will have a good chance to win it.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Expo88
I was over at ESPN checking out the team comparison and, while we all know these teams are evenly matched, it's pretty amazing to see how evenly matched they really are. On offense, the 'Fins slightly lead most categories whereas on defense, the Broncos slightly lead most categories but the key word here is "slightly". I just thought you all would be interested in seeing the team comparisons. 'Fins v. Broncos Comparison

P.S. Chris Chambers only has 17 yards fewer receiving than Rod Smith. I just thought that was pretty cool. :D

Back
Top Bottom