Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea

I was watching a little of Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about Philip Rivers retiring and how Indy needs a QB now but they have a really solid roster everywhere else. He brought up Miami and said if he were Indy he’s calling Miami and offering 3 first round picks to come up to 3 to get 1 of the 4 QBs in Justin Fields Zach Wilson Trey Lance and Mac Jones. He said Indy would need to get ahead of QB needy teams like Detroit Carolina and Denver so a bidding war could break out for Miami’s pick at 3. He said using Jimmy Johnson’s trade value draft chart to go from 21 where Indy is to 3 it would cost 3 first round picks.

Indy receives pick 3
Miami receives pick 21 2022 #1 2023 #1

Would you do it?
no, the dolphins need top tier talent to help Tua out.

reading some of these comments is so contradictive. A lot on here are against trading multiple 1st round picks for Watson because how valuable the picks are blah blah but when offered with a hypothetical situation to gain MORE draft capital and future draft capital, its a bad idea? but I thought 1st round picks were the jackpot? and the future key to us winning it all? to build a great team.

you guys must be expecting to draft a future hall of famer with that #3 pick this year. who that person is, I have no idea.

I was watching a little of Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about Philip Rivers retiring and how Indy needs a QB now but they have a really solid roster everywhere else. He brought up Miami and said if he were Indy he’s calling Miami and offering 3 first round picks to come up to 3 to get 1 of the 4 QBs in Justin Fields Zach Wilson Trey Lance and Mac Jones. He said Indy would need to get ahead of QB needy teams like Detroit Carolina and Denver so a bidding war could break out for Miami’s pick at 3. He said using Jimmy Johnson’s trade value draft chart to go from 21 where Indy is to 3 it would cost 3 first round picks.

Indy receives pick 3
Miami receives pick 21 2022 #1 2023 #1

Would you do it?
Not interested in trading with Indy. They are a talented team that will likely be making the playoffs for the foreseeable future. So the Dolphins would be giving up the opportunity to draft an immediate impact player for lower first round draft picks who may or may not end up being solid starters in the NFL.
‘I have no problem with the Dolphins trading down 4 or 5 spots because even 8 they will be able to get one of the top WR’s, Parsons, or Sewell.

I will be disappointed if they trade out of the top 8 spots because I think all of those players will be gone by the 9th pick and along with the top three QB’s, I would not be happy with a draft where they didn’t draft Parsons, Sewell, Smith, Chase, or Waddle with their first draft pick.

I don't think the Colts have enough ammo for a trade up honestly. It's just too far to go. If they did it, it would have to be done the way the Eagles did it years ago, trade up to like 12, and then again to 3.

reading some of these comments is so contradictive. A lot on here are against trading multiple 1st round picks for Watson because how valuable the picks are blah blah but when offered with a hypothetical situation to gain MORE draft capital and future draft capital, its a bad idea? but I thought 1st round picks were the jackpot? and the future key to us winning it all? to build a great team.

you guys must be expecting to draft a future hall of famer with that #3 pick this year. who that person is, I have no idea.
It's not about not wanting picks, it's about the fact that 3 1sts to move that far back just isn't enough. Maybe if it was 3 1sts this year, but it's not. We could probably get 2 1sts and a second to go back to like 10.

12 is the absolute lowest I’d trade down. At 21 we are not getting an elite receiver.
I'm kinda with you there, we couldn't get as lucky as Minnesota and get a Justin Jefferson type at 22 but you never know.

It really depends on how high the Colts are on Jacob Eason, it really hurt them both getting to see him this past preseason. They may look to be free agency as a stop gap more than the draft if they think Eason is a better prospect than day a Mac Jones.

Last edited:
It's not about not wanting picks, it's about the fact that 3 1sts to move that far back just isn't enough. Maybe if it was 3 1sts this year, but it's not. We could probably get 2 1sts and a second to go back to like 10.
Theirs no way dropping down to 10 gets us 2 #1s and a #2. We could get a #1 and maybe a sweetener like a 3rd or 4th but that’s it.

I don’t see Smith being drafted in the top 5.

Back
Top Bottom