Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea

Agreed. 3 QBs at minimum are going too 5. Then you still got Parsons and Sewell there as well. No way Chase and Smith both are going top 5.

parsons won’t be there long unless teams flag him for off the field

I’m just tellin ya

I m not fan to trade down a high pick.

If one of the top receiver is the next Julio Jones, take him.
If Pewell is the next generationnal talent for the next decade at OT, take him.

I'd say at least one or two of the QB's mention for the Colts to draft will still be there at 21 or at least they'll be much closer to 21 if they want to move up. no reason to move up to 3 for a guy like Jones for example so there's zero chance of that happening from the Colts side and as far as us, no way we should move from 3 to 21. It'd take a ton more to move so far down.
Maybe #18 is where they trade with Miami. If one of the QB's are available. As for the initial trade I would go no if I'm miami to far of a drop.

No way would I want to trade down that far. I don't to miss out on the top talent in this draft.
We could trade up from 18 a few spots. I agree with an earlier poster I would want a couple number twos, three number ones, especially being the Colts, isn't enough for me. (I would expect the Colts to make the playoffs all three years making the pick a lower first every time)

I was watching a little of Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about Philip Rivers retiring and how Indy needs a QB now but they have a really solid roster everywhere else. He brought up Miami and said if he were Indy he’s calling Miami and offering 3 first round picks to come up to 3 to get 1 of the 4 QBs in Justin Fields Zach Wilson Trey Lance and Mac Jones. He said Indy would need to get ahead of QB needy teams like Detroit Carolina and Denver so a bidding war could break out for Miami’s pick at 3. He said using Jimmy Johnson’s trade value draft chart to go from 21 where Indy is to 3 it would cost 3 first round picks.

Indy receives pick 3
Miami receives pick 21 2022 #1 2023 #1

Would you do it?
They have Irsay as the owner. He doesn't do deals and never spends capital or money for the most part.

parsons won’t be there long unless teams flag him for off the field

I’m just tellin ya
That’s my point. Sewell and Parsons especially Sewell have a very high chance of going top 5 so that’s why I said it’s highly unlikely both Chase and Smith are going in the top 5.

I still think Carolina and San Francisco are probably the best trade partners.
Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 Denver at 9 are our best options. Think SF at 12 is to far of a drop. We won’t get 1 of Sewell Chase Smith or Parsons if we drop that far. Waddle MIGHT be there by I don’t know. I wouldn’t chance it.

For the record with my OP I wasn’t advocating for us to a deal with Indy like was proposed. I just heard Cowherd talking about it and wanted to see what the boards reaction would be.

They have Irsay as the owner. He doesn't do deals and never spends capital or money for the most part.
Again I just heard Cowherd mention it yesterday and thought it was interesting. I’m not advocating for it I just wanted to see what the board thought.

Carson Wentz has been linked to the Colts because of Wentz's relationship with Frank Reich. The Colts are ready to compete, I don't think they'll look for an early round QB in the draft.
200.gif

Add to the fact that Wentz has reportedly said he'd be willing to restructure his contract to help facilitate the trade...

But that was before he got Pederson fired....

Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 Denver at 9 are our best options. Think SF at 12 is to far of a drop. We won’t get 1 of Sewell Chase Smith or Parsons if we drop that far. Waddle MIGHT be there by I don’t know. I wouldn’t chance it.

For the record with my OP I wasn’t advocating for us to a deal with Indy like was proposed. I just heard Cowherd talking about it and wanted to see what the boards reaction would be.
If SF wants to be a trade partner, I'd ask for Brandon Aiyuk and draft picks. I think Aiyuk would be receiver #4 in this draft, but he's already proven.

Back
Top Bottom