Indy inquiring about Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

Breadfan

Starter
Reaction score
No link but James Brown has reported that Indy has contacted Miami and inquired what would it take to (exact words reported) "pry Ricky away from Miami." It was reported on the James Brown show on sporting news radio.

Anybody else hear this?

We need a bidding war.

Haven't heard it, but I would only like the deal if it's for a 1st or one of their stud players that can fill one of our needs.

Dolfan11 said:
Haven't heard it, but I would only like the deal if it's for a 1st or one of their stud players that can fill one of our needs.
It would not be for one of their stud players. they are trying to upgrade their playmakers for less money. I really doubt they trade one of their playmakers.

That being said a late first for Ricky does sound nice! However, I would bet it would be more like a conditional pick in next year's draft.

A bidding war would be nice. A first would be great!

It would take alot for me to want to get rid of ricky. i think he will look more like his old self next season.

Alex22 said:
Reggie Wayne for Ricky Williams is what Id like to see but I doubt it

Reggie Wayne is a FA.

srdnaty said:
It would take alot for me to want to get rid of ricky. i think he will look more like his old self next season.
I hear ya man. Yeah look how good he was this year after not playing for 1 and a half years. He's gotta be better this year.

RoninFin4 said:
This ain't the NBA. No one would want to eat that kind of cap.

Except we will have cap room this offseason so it wouldnt hurt that bad, and Indy doesnt have to give him a huge signing bonus so it wouldnt hurt them, then we could restructure his contract to include a signing bonus to spread the cap hit

and PHAZ

He benifits from having those guys, but its the same thing they said about Ogunleye benifiting from Taylor and Ogun has done a really good job with the Bears

PHAZINPHINZPHAN said:
Reggie Wayne is good because of Peyton Manning, Edge and, Harrison

Maybe he would be just as good with Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, and Ronnie Brown?

Alex22 said:
They have till march 1st or 3rd to resign him though

So it could be a sign and trade

That doesn't happen in the NFL.

Alex22 said:
Except we will have cap room this offseason so it wouldnt hurt that bad

and PHAZ

He benifits from having those guys, but its the same thing they said about Ogunleye benifiting from Taylor and Ogun has done a really good job with the Bears

They would have to have the cap room to do that type of thing. Plus that doesn't happen in the NFL. Why in the holy hell would Wayne agree to that when he can just go to the highest bidder in March?

Back
Top Bottom