Indy inquiring about Ricky | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

Gonzo said:
What the heck are you guys doing? Trying to ruin my life, make me look like a friggin' idiot?

hope not - i mean who's the only one here who knows the illegal ninja moves from the government...?

d-day said:
hope not - i mean who's the only one here who knows the illegal ninja moves from the government...?

Exactly. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Gonzo said:
Exactly. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Gonzo, let go of me! I think you're bruisin' my neck meat!

d-day said:
Gonzo, let go of me! I think you're bruisin' my neck meat!

You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs on this site. This one gang called the 3 A.M. Crew kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

Gonzo said:
You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs on this site. This one gang called the 3 A.M. Crew kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

Look, Gonzo, I don't know how they do things down in Skanksdale, but here at Fin Heaven we have a little something called pride. Understand? Smashing in the face of a pinata that resembles all the "trade Ricky" posters is a disgrace to you, me, and this entire website...

There is no chance in hell that we will get a 1st rounder for Ricky...You know all those people that mention hes 29, crazy, 1 duby away from a year long suspension, ect, ect,ect...

d-day said:
Look, Gonzo, I don't know how they do things down in Skanksdale, but here at Fin Heaven we have a little something called pride. Understand? Smashing in the face of a pinata that resembles all the "trade Ricky" posters is a disgrace to you, me, and this entire website...

Oh, I know. Let me tell you how it works. In the Main Board, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I started the millionth Trade Ricky thread like Peter Pan a few pages back?

Gonzo said:
Oh, I know. Let me tell you how it works. In the Main Board, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I started the millionth Trade Ricky thread like Peter Pan a few pages back?

you're absolutely right gonzo - there's no more get off my "trade ricky thread" or I'll call the cops on you... when I came home from school my head started to get really hot, so I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing - so I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was all the "trade ricky threads" that was making my head hot - so I went into my kitchen and I shaved all my hair off...

d-day said:
you're absolutely right gonzo - there's no more get off my "trade ricky thread" or I'll call the cops on you... when I came home from school my head started to get really hot, so I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing - so I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was all the "trade ricky threads" that was making my head hot - so I went into my kitchen and I shaved all my hair off...

It was worth it. But this isn't just our fight. Just last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed multiple trade threads at the top of the Main Forum to blow Ricky off of the team. Sir Cyrus of the 3 A.M. Crew summoned the help of the Lounge's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the team and its local fans and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our doobiesmoking ally.

Gonzo said:
It was worth it. But this isn't just our fight. Just last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed multiple trade threads at the top of the Main Forum to blow Ricky off of the team. Sir Cyrus of the 3 A.M. Crew summoned the help of the Lounge's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the team and its local fans and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our doobiesmoking ally.

Well, I never thought I would make it here today. I would make a great anti trade ricky thread president because I promise to put two new pop machines in the Miami Dolphins forum, and I'm also gonna get a glitter Bonne Bell dispenser for the Ladies Lounge. Oh, and we're gonna get new cheerleading uniforms for all the Dolphin cheerleaders. Anyway, I think I'd be a great anti trade ricky thread president. So, who wants to read trade ricky threads next year? Not me. See, with me it will be ricky all year long. Vote for Cyrus.

Everything is posible and Ricky will be a rumor of every trade the rest of the offseason.

Ozzy rules!!

Why would miami let rickey go cheap? He proved that he is equalto or better than ronnie. You don't do a trade with a team in your conference that good. Reggie wayne might get the ball thrown to him maybe 4 times a game, and rickey totes the rock at 20 that would be a bad trade for miami.

perezferia said:
Finally! On a board FILLED with idiots a guy who knows what he's talking about! Ricky is 29, has 2 strikes against him in the drug program and has a questionable commitment to playing in the NFL. Anyone who deosn't add that up and see him as JUST AS BIG A RISK as bringing in T.O. to their team is an idiot.

Some team will have to be DESPERATE to pony up a second round choice for Ricky and INDY may just be that team.

Once a running back reaches 30 he has NO trade value.

This isn't my opinion, it's a FACT!! In the NFL no back over 30 is worth a damn as far as trading is concerned. Was it just a coincidence that Shaun Alexander AND Edgerrin James BOTH couldn't get traded. And Travis Henry from Buffalo, do he make a HUGE impact after that trade? No.

GM's in the NFL not only look at past trades to establish value, they look at past results. The Dolphins giving what amounted to two first round picks for Ricky was a HUGE mistake. A second round pick for FEELEY another huge mistake.

It's a buyer's market out there and every coach knows that there are FAST WILLY PARKERS waiting, undrafted and hungry after every draft. They are out there. Getting Ricky would make sense to a team if they don't have to give up much, but if they're not willing to give up much then it makes more sense to keep him for the next 3 years until he's used up.

No, if someone wants him they're gonna have to overpay and a second round pick and a conditional 4th next year would be it. Personally, I feel that SABAN needs quality players right now. So my trade scenario would be as follows: Each round of the draft represents 32 college players. The first half of the first round represents the creme de la creme, after that it's a crap shoot between pick number 17 and 128. The first four rounds have the top 128 players in college football.

Right now, we're gonna get 4 of these players.

I would trade Ricky away for the right to have SABAN and MUELLER draft 6 of the top 128 players. I would trade Ricky away for a 3rd and 4th rounder, which has the same "value" as a second, but gives GREAT talent evaluators like our coach and GM two extra picks in the crucial top 128.

Under that scnario, we could get a QB, CB, LT, WR, LB and FS all within the top four rounds. No matter what position we filled when, we'd get quality players to fill real needs on this team. Whether MORRIS or KJ or some undrafted rookie steps up to back up Ronnie Brown, it won't matter because we will have addressed a huge concern for our team and that is value.

Would you rather have a GREAT backup or two more young starters? If you answer a great backup, you're entitled to your opinion but you'd never be able to run a team. I believe that with a 3rd and 4th, we'd get REAL value for Ricky and invest in what we ALL believe in, which is Coach Saban's ability to pick starting caliber players.

SIX picks from the top 128. It's sexy isn't it, intriguing...

And, it's the best possible trade scenario for Indy's win now mentality and our draft now mentality. Both teams would get what they need at the moment.

SIX picks from the top 128.

Say it with me now...

You need to check your PMs.

perezferia said:
Finally! On a board FILLED with idiots a guy who knows what he's talking about! Ricky is 29, has 2 strikes against him in the drug program and has a questionable commitment to playing in the NFL. Anyone who deosn't add that up and see him as JUST AS BIG A RISK as bringing in T.O. to their team is an idiot.

Some team will have to be DESPERATE to pony up a second round choice for Ricky and INDY may just be that team.

Once a running back reaches 30 he has NO trade value.

This isn't my opinion, it's a FACT!! In the NFL no back over 30 is worth a damn as far as trading is concerned. Was it just a coincidence that Shaun Alexander AND Edgerrin James BOTH couldn't get traded. And Travis Henry from Buffalo, do he make a HUGE impact after that trade? No.

GM's in the NFL not only look at past trades to establish value, they look at past results. The Dolphins giving what amounted to two first round picks for Ricky was a HUGE mistake. A second round pick for FEELEY another huge mistake.

It's a buyer's market out there and every coach knows that there are FAST WILLY PARKERS waiting, undrafted and hungry after every draft. They are out there. Getting Ricky would make sense to a team if they don't have to give up much, but if they're not willing to give up much then it makes more sense to keep him for the next 3 years until he's used up.

No, if someone wants him they're gonna have to overpay and a second round pick and a conditional 4th next year would be it. Personally, I feel that SABAN needs quality players right now. So my trade scenario would be as follows: Each round of the draft represents 32 college players. The first half of the first round represents the creme de la creme, after that it's a crap shoot between pick number 17 and 128. The first four rounds have the top 128 players in college football.

Right now, we're gonna get 4 of these players.

I would trade Ricky away for the right to have SABAN and MUELLER draft 6 of the top 128 players. I would trade Ricky away for a 3rd and 4th rounder, which has the same "value" as a second, but gives GREAT talent evaluators like our coach and GM two extra picks in the crucial top 128.

Under that scnario, we could get a QB, CB, LT, WR, LB and FS all within the top four rounds. No matter what position we filled when, we'd get quality players to fill real needs on this team. Whether MORRIS or KJ or some undrafted rookie steps up to back up Ronnie Brown, it won't matter because we will have addressed a huge concern for our team and that is value.

Would you rather have a GREAT backup or two more young starters? If you answer a great backup, you're entitled to your opinion but you'd never be able to run a team. I believe that with a 3rd and 4th, we'd get REAL value for Ricky and invest in what we ALL believe in, which is Coach Saban's ability to pick starting caliber players.

SIX picks from the top 128. It's sexy isn't it, intriguing...

And, it's the best possible trade scenario for Indy's win now mentality and our draft now mentality. Both teams would get what they need at the moment.

SIX picks from the top 128.

Say it with me now...

Well overall, I agree with your theory on trading, particularly of RBs. I have been saying the same things since the 'trade RW' things started. It's about
which is better for this team right now...having RW as the semi-starter and the contributions he'd make to team OR having another young guy who would improve the team also. How that guy performs will determine if it was a good trade or not, but with the many holes we have on this team, even if we get a 3rd rounder and pick a LB that may not crack the lineup but will in 2007, it's worth it to me. Brown and Morris can carry the load and accomplish what we need to improve the team for this season and seasons to come.

I do, however dissagree with your assessment of RWs value to certain other teams. RW trade from NO is now considered a 'bust' because of his fabled retirement in 2004 and it didn't hurt that it was the 'straw' that broke Dave-I've-finally-destroyed-the-Dolphins-organization Wannstedt regime. Had RW played last season and even if we hadn't been much better, no one would be mentioned that as a bad trade. He was worth that when the deal was made. Actually, the fact that he has come back and been a model citizen and regained much of his NFL stardom gives credence to it being a good trade for us.

I also dissagree that Indy won't be interested in RW...They will be letting James go. He's part of the 'triplets' that have made them successful offensively. They also are very close to reaching the SB...Perhaps this offseason of improving the D some more will be enough to get them there, BUT not without a proven RB to fill in for James. Now, RW fits the bill for what the Colts need. In fact, while he's not known as a good a reciever as James, how much has he been thrown to ?? He is more explosive a runner than James, not quite as fast, but definitely more of a power runner and he's just as dangerous as James in the open field. If teams had to worry about more of a power running game against the Colts, wouldn't that make some heads turn ?? Giving up, even their first, might be equal compenstion for RW is NOT out of the realm of possibilities. But giving up their 2nd, which is closer to a 3rd is very feasible, too. I just dissagree because Indy thinks they are so close that they may give up a higher pick than what he is, by all other standards 'worth'. Obviously his relatively low contract figure and the fact that he's a top 10 back in the league make this a no-brainer trade for Polian.

QBs are another thing altogether...you ALWAYS give up too much for a QB, whether it be the draft or a trade because of the importance of the position to every team. Look at this year's playoffs, other than Chicago...every team had an elite QB or one who looks to be headed that way... So, to give up a second rounder for AJ, in hindsight, obviously wasn't worth it. But it was a risk we had to take at the time, and to be honest with RS, none of the other guys that we had a chance at getting at that time have proven much.

After all this, RW could be traded for a 2nd rounder and we still need a QB along with several other positions, but RB is not one of them, even if we lose RW.

Back
Top Bottom