Indy inquiring about Ricky | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

enigmatics said:
Ok, I hate doing this because you're obviously new to the board.........but......... are you stupid? Seriously, enough's with these assanine posts guys. Bob Sanders? Do you really honestly think he's available thru trade?

Where is the common sense and real football talk around here? Bob Sanders is the Colts version of Troy Palomalu ....... he's one of the cogs which they built the defense and the playcalling around. You're not going to get him for Ricky. He's a difference maker, not some guy who can easily be replaced.

Why is it assinine?? They are going to NEED a quality RB. You do not get those for nothing. Ricky is as good at his position as Sanders is at his. iMO, it is doable since they are the ones in need the most given the idea that w/o a quality RB they become one dimensional. Sure Sanders is a major cog in their
but they're going to have to sacrifice somewhere to get Ricky, either in a marquee player or in picks. During the middle of the season, Ricky's trade value was pretty much nil but now as things start to unfold, his value is "all of a sudden" shooting up. We're in the driver's seat with this and since we're going to the well, let's carry a big bucket!!

I don't know exactly why you felt the "need" to scold this guy on his post but if you disagree with him fine. Say so and explain why and calling him stupid was a bit out of bounds! :shakeno:

csabe said:
Are you actually serious? If we get more than a 3rd consider us lucky. Why is it that people on this board think Ricky is worth so much more than reality it's plain nutz!

It may be nutz and mid way thru the season, a 3rd would have been a reach. however, as things unfold now, his value is going up and he is generating all kinds of interest. personally, I'd rather keep Ricky since he and ronnie don't mind sharing the load. We couldn't get a replacment for him for as cheap either let alone anywhere near the same talent. BUT, it Ricky we to be traded, iMO, it would take a proven quality impact starter str8 up or a 1st and at least conditional 3rd, then same as we gave for him. Bottom line is that this is not a trade we HAVE to make.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Miami was one of the few teams that would of gladly gave up a first for Marshall Faulk.

Corey Dillon was a whiney baby that the Bengals couldn't wait to get rid of and was looked at as very soft.

Miami had the opportunity to give up a 1st for Faulk. Instead, they used their first on John Avery.

Corey Dillon was one of the NFL's best RBs and a physical one at that. Nobody with a clue thought he was soft, and he obviously wasn't.

PHAZINPHINZPHAN said:
Reggie Wayne is good because of Peyton Manning, Edge and, Harrison

exactly... if Reggie Wayne ends up leaving Indy, he definitely won't have the same production or put up the same numbers anywhere else.

Fineas said:
Nobody in their right mind will give up a 1st for Ricky. Putting aside the trade in which we got Ricky and the Herschel Walker trade (both of which were huge overpayments), RBs very rarely go for 1sts. Marshall Faulk was traded for a 2nd at age 25 after gaining 2200+ total yards. Jerome Bettis was traded at 24 2 years removed from a 1400+ yard rookie season. Corey Dillon was traded for a 2nd. Etc.

Ricky is very good, but there are a lot of very good RBs in the league. 21 of the 32 NFL teams have at least 1 back who has gained more than 1200 yards in a season in the last 3 seasons. Several teams have more than 1. A third of the league has someone who has gained more than 1400 yards in the last 2 years. Of the teams that don't make the list, most have a young quality RB and has no pressing need to add a 29-year old Ricky.

Being 1 strike away from out of the league and with a highly questionable committment to football, I don't see anyone trading a 1st for Ricky. If we can get a 2nd for him, do it. For a 3rd, I'd keep him.

And nobody in their right mind would give up a 2nd rnd pick for a 3rd dtring backup QB, either !! ;) stranger things have happened and a 1st for Ricky makes alot more sense than a 2nd for Feeley!!

canesfins13 said:
I would do it for a second rounder as well in a second. But, since last year no one would give a second for Edge or Alexander, we shouldnt expect more than a 3rd for Ricky, he isnt as good as Edge or Alexander and comes with a lot of baggage. I would probably take a 3rd as well.

That would have been TWO #1s. Both were franchised last year.

I'll take Peyton Manning for Ricky.
Reggie Wayne for Ricky.
1st round pick for Ricky.

Thats it. No less.

Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown in the backfield together is going to be fantastic again this year. What I don't what to see is Ronnie Brown go down with an injury and then we are stuck with..........who? Sammy Smith? Marc Higgs, Lorenzo Hampton? Whats up Troy Stradford?

perezferia said:
Finally! ADMIN EDIT: You just insulted the entire population of this site with one comment. Keep it up, and you may find yourself on the outside looking in.

This isn't my opinion, it's a FACT!! In the NFL no back over 30 is worth a damn as far as trading is concerned. Was it just a coincidence that Shaun Alexander AND Edgerrin James BOTH couldn't get traded. And Travis Henry from Buffalo, do he make a HUGE impact after that trade? No.

No it is not a fact but a grossly misinformed opinion. Point, Alexander and James were both UFAs last year, which means they were nOT under contract and thus could not be traded. If someone signed either of them, they would have to pay the cost of the contract PLUS give 2 1st round picks to their previous team. THAT is why they remained there and to date, no one has made a deal for a franchised player.

[edit] misunderstood somewhat. They shopped them for #2 before the new year started but no takers cuz they would have wanted to much.

FinaticalOne said:
You're right, he is a FA. It doesn't matter anyway becasue the Colts #1 priority is to sign Reggie Wayne; he is the reason why they are parting ways with Edge becasue there is not enough money to go around and it is imperative for the future of the team to keep Wayne.

BINGO!

like i said before keep both can lose with having both, ricky doesn't wantto be the featured back anywhere and when people get that in their head all this ricky trade talk will calm down, plus we can have hime for the min. salary almost it a win win

SMadison29 said:
Dungy's scheme did win them a Super Bowl, remember vs the Raiders? Dungy may not have been there but it was still his scheme & players.
Give me a break. Variations of that scheme are widely used in the NFL. It's a good scheme but there's nothing magical about it. You're grasping at straws.

Straztheman said:
I heard that we were trying to trade Edge for Ricky. We dont want one of there WR
Why in the hell would we do that?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

DeDolfan said:
It may be nutz and mid way thru the season, a 3rd would have been a reach. however, as things unfold now, his value is going up and he is generating all kinds of interest. personally, I'd rather keep Ricky since he and ronnie don't mind sharing the load. We couldn't get a replacment for him for as cheap either let alone anywhere near the same talent. BUT, it Ricky we to be traded, iMO, it would take a proven quality impact starter str8 up or a 1st and at least conditional 3rd, then same as we gave for him. Bottom line is that this is not a trade we HAVE to make.
Of course there's interest in Ricky. His salary is cap friendly, he was a good soldier for the entire year, and Miami has their future in Ronnie Brown. However, I don't know how people think that having an interest automatically means bidding war, especially for someone who's one strike away from a year's suspension. If I'm a GM looking for a RB, I'd probably have interest too. It doesn't mean I'm going to want to give up a lot for him, or that I would even entertain getting into a bidding war.

Back
Top Bottom