Info about the trade that landed Rosen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Info about the trade that landed Rosen

I know you didn't ask me but he's probably referring to this:

"...That very question was posed to Flores during his Wednesday presser as it appears like Miami will be sticking with Fitz over the final two regular season games.

"I guess my first thought is if we feel like that's the best thing for us – and we do for us to win on Sunday – I think that is in the best interest of this team," Flores noted. "I think – and this is philosophically, I think people will feel differently about it – I think that any time – you always want to give yourself the best opportunity to win. I think it's easy for people to sit and say 'you should do this or that, or this or that.' I don't think those same people will stand in front of that group and say 'this is in the best interest of the team, for us to win this week..."

Thanks for trying to help dude, but nowhere in that quote was Flores saying he couldn’t save face or not be straight to the rest of the team.

It is what it is, Fitz was the best man for this year. Doesn’t mean Rosen is done in Miami. He was reaching with his response to me

If he was close to Fitz I don't think he would have a problem facing his team, telling them that he's starting Rosen for the best chance to win, and have them believe him.

I mean, all of the offseason reports were about the grand canyon-sized gap between Fitz and Rosen as a QB, so by the end of the season if Rosen was still not close enough to even have it be an option, then where was his growth?

Ummm, coaches don't move on from a QB playing well and has the confidence of the team. I have serious doubts Rosen could do as well as RF, but that quote doesn't prove it

Here is the thing, Rosen is at worst a solid prospect and good back up QB on the cheap. Drake is in his contract year and was not likely to be reigned. We did good to get a 5th for him.

If Rosen turns into a competent backup QB, it's a win. And if he flames out, it's not going to matter in the grand scheme of things.

One of the things that Flores and his staff have done well is...

developing players.

I liked the move at the time, and I like it still.

Worse case scenario, Rosen is a cheap backup.

There is still a lot of upside IMHO with him. He reminded lots of people of Rodgers when he was being evaluated for the draft.

Learning behind Fitz & a hard nosed coach who isn't going to sugar coat things or play favorites can only help him, here or in the future somewhere else.

Other than DVP, I'm not sure they've developed anyone.

Other than DVP, I'm not sure they've developed anyone.
You're willfully blind and/or ignorant then. Rowe, Needham, Gesicki are the easiest ones to see. Needham got exposed so hard in preseason he was benched by game 2. He ended up our #1 CB and made PFF team of the week in two weeks as a UDFA. He's arguably had a better season than Preston Williams did.

You're willfully blind and/or ignorant then. Rowe, Needham, Gesicki are the easiest ones to see. Needham got exposed so hard in preseason he was benched by game 2. He ended up our #1 CB and made PFF team of the week in two weeks as a UDFA. He's arguably had a better season than Preston Williams did.

"Willfully blind." I like that

did we or did we not trade arizona a 2nd round pick?
grier is the one that traded for josh rosen. that seems way more like checkers than chess.
You got me!! I think it prudent that you ignore the NO trade that netted the extra second as just pure blind luck without qualification or purpose. "Willfully Blind"... Me too...

Last edited:
Terrible article...title makes it seem like a great trade (drake for Rosen), but in reality we gave up Drake AND a 2 for Rosen. Felt even worse about it after reading the article.

Ok, so out of about 90 guys we brought in, we developed 4 guys who (again, outside of DVP) are only average at best players. I see the failure to develop a single OL player or RB (sorry, an RB averaging 2 YPC is not developed) and that there are really no potential impact players on this roster.

Flores has shown he can take a team of nobodies and get them to play together. Credit for that. I'm just not convinced that we've got many keepers on this roster that we've "developed".

Back
Top Bottom