Info on O lineman in for workout

Denverfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
University at Albany’s Geir Gudmundsen has been voted to the American Football Coaches Association’s 2004 Division I-AA Coaches’ All-America Team, as announced on Thursday, Dec. 16 by the AFCA office. The AFCA has selected an All-America team since 1945. Gudmundsen becomes the second UAlbany player to be chosen at the I-AA level.

Gudmundsen, a 6-foot-6, 315-pound left tackle, made 44 consecutive starts on the Great Danes’ offensive line during his career. He recently made his fourth straight appearance on the All-Northeast Conference squad, including three years as a first-team selection.

Gudmundsen, who was voted UAlbany’s top offensive lineman in 2004, helped his team rank seventh nationally among the I-AA leaders in rushing at 254.7 yards per game. The Great Danes ran for 345-plus yards against four opponents, while teammate Nicholas Bazan established single-season school records by a quarterback for rushing yards (1,043) and touchdowns (12).

ItalianDolFan

Hammered
Reaction score
hes a division 1 AA player. Can u draft AA players?? Its almost like drafting a Division 2 player...why would u do that? Id much rather look at Single A Division.

Celtkin

Hammered
Reaction score
ItalianDolFan said:
hes a division 1 AA player. Can u draft AA players?? Its almost like drafting a Division 2 player...why would u do that? Id much rather look at Single A Division.
Yes, you can draft 1AA players. There are some players who, though very talented, either choose to attend smaller schools or don't have the grades to get into bigger programs.

HugeFinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Living so close, I've seen him play. If the Fins were to even consider drafting him, he would have to absolutely dominate and I can't say that he did.

_dan24

wha?
Reaction score
Celtkin said:
Yes, you can draft 1AA players. There are some players who, though very talented, either choose to attend smaller schools or don't have the grades to get into bigger programs.
Bingo ^

Top Bottom