Initial Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Initial Mock

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
2. Keeanu Benton, DT
- Strengths ( per Nfldraftbuzz.com)

Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.

Benton has pure power, which is emphasized by a good pad level. Benton can stand up at the point of attack and handle double teams, and Benton also has the ability to drive blockers back into the pocket with a bull rush.

Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.

Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.

Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.

He’s long but has a powerful lower body and plays with impressive leverage considering his tall frame.

3. Tyler Steen, OL
- Strengths

Has a strong, flexible core, and the ability to absorb and anchor against the bull rush as a pass protector.

Does a nice job on the second level, moving upfield quickly and showing the flexibility and balance to land blocks in space.

Quick setting up after the snap and slides well to the outside, staying patient and balanced off the snap.

Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.

Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.

Shows good quickness and flexibility on reach blocks, and Steen has enough range to get out as a puller.

6. Jakorian Bennet, DB
- Strengths

Flashes some physicality as a hitter.

Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #60. He wrote, "The 5-11, 195-pound Bennett goes against elite receivers every day at practice, and that competitiveness carries over to training, where he and Rakim Jarrett go back and forth over who can jump the highest and run the fastest. Bennett is proud to say he’s got his buddy with a 42-inch vertical. He claims to be the fastest on the team with a 22.9 mph on the GPS, although Jarrett said he matched that in late July."

Bennett tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.

Explodes out of his backpedal and has the hands and coordination to force interceptions.

Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.

Has quick feet and excellent change-of-direction ability, capable of mirroring quickness underneath.

7. Xazavian Volliday, RB
- Strengths

Valladay is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands.

Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.

Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.

An excellent blocker on the outside, Valladay also adds value in the running game.

He’s equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as he is taking the top off a defense

Valladay has very good vision and a knack for picking out cut-back lanes and then breaking offchunks of yardage.

Last edited:
I wonder if Miami could trade down a handful of spots, get Benton and another pick.

I think it will he hard to sign both Wilkins and Seiler so Benton actually makes a lot of sense.

I like the Steen pick. I think he's a little underrated.

Bennett is really great value in the 6th. I'm thinking Miami could take a CB pretty high and maybe trade Howard after this year. Have to find a way to clear some money for younger players.

I wonder if Miami could trade down a handful of spots, get Benton and another pick.

I think it will he hard to sign both Wilkins and Seiler so Benton actually makes a lot of sense.

Bennett is really great value in the 6th. I'm thinking Miami could take a CB pretty high and maybe trade Howard after this year. Have to find a way to clear some money for younger players.

Everything but trading X. I'm loyal to the Fin greats and he's right up there for me. When healthy is easily still top 2 player on our team along with Hill.

I always take CB Williams (Syracuse) in the 3rd after trading down and picking up a few more picks. Then our long term future is set at CB post X.

3 good football players who could all help sooner than later.

I don't know anything about Valladay or Volliday or whoever that masked man is.

I know that is a highlight video and some of those defenses he was running through were pretty awful but i would be happy with a kid like that in R7 for sure. :UP:

I know that is a highlight video and some of those defenses he was running through were pretty awful but i would be happy with a kid like that in R7 for sure. :UP:

Yeah, dont really have a lot to go with video wise but I like that he can grind out yards after contact, has good speed, and that wheel route is where i imagine him being deadly. Any space created from Hill and Waddle opens this guy to have a potential big chunk of yardage.

Back
Top Bottom