Inside Dish: Miami made a steal by adding Searcy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Inside Dish: Miami made a steal by adding Searcy

if he doesn't pan out, its ok, we gave a PRO BOWL caliber player the Vet min., THat's pretty good if u ask me....

Originally posted by jphandal
if he doesn't pan out, its ok, we gave a PRO BOWL caliber player the Vet min., THat's pretty good if u ask me....
it's a win-win situation

Exactly. Giving a former All-Pro dominator who is just dying to prove he's still a stud and a leader after two years off a 1-yr, $650K contract is solid move. Low risk, high reward type of situation.

You have to step back and look at this scenario thru the eyes of an unbiased fan.

If say Buffalo had signed Searcy, don't you think most of us would be saying the same things the Bills fans are saying? I would definately be a little worried because of his pedigree, but not all that worried because the guy did just miss 2 FULL seasons.

I know that if a division rival signed a 32 yr old that hasn't played since he was 30 wouldn't worry me too much.

But with all the reports of him doing well, I am quietly optimistic.

Yup bod but like it's already been said. He's a low risk investment. If he makes the starting squad then he was a steal and if he makes it as a backup then we got a low cost backup. If he doesn't make the team then it's no worries as it only cost us $25000 on the cap.

It's just a matter of Searcy staying healthy. No doubt he still has the talent considering the way Perry has been fuming because it looks like he will be a June 1st cut and he's pissed about losing his big contract to a guy who didn't play the past 2 years.

If Searcy plays and Robert Edwards plays then it looks like comeback player of the year will be a phin!

LOLOL

You guys crack me up. It's pretty sad w/ all these posts about Nails, Edwards, Searcy. Come on guys! Nails couldn't even cut it in Buffalo w/ how poor our line was a couple years ago, Edwards even if he is healthy won't see the field, & Searcy's gonna be on the DL all season!

Originally posted by fthefish11
LOLOL

You guys crack me up. It's pretty sad w/ all these posts about Nails, Edwards, Searcy. Come on guys! Nails couldn't even cut it in Buffalo w/ how poor our line was a couple years ago, Edwards even if he is healthy won't see the field, & Searcy's gonna be on the DL all season!

Ya like Buffalo is a such a great place lately to make a career in *cough*Smith*cough*

Smith who Van? what the hell r u talking about. Take my sausage out of your mouth & then let me know!

what a fan doesnt even recognize the last great player they had bruce smith !!! Once again showing a idiots view of the world as he knows (or rather doesnt know) bye the way tell your mom to wear her kneepads next time she comes here or those scabs will never heal !!!!!

To all Bills fans....

Nails is a backup, plain and simple.

What was the LOWEST weight Nails had in Buffalo? See if any of them can respond in an orderly fasion.

Bad-

Know how many Smiths have come through Buffalo in recent yrs dummy??? Bruce, Antwain, Leonard, etc. Next time swallow & give me a first name!

I think all of the Smiths apply motard.

Now show you have some actual "KNOWLEDGE" of yourteam and tell me Nails' lowest weight while in Buffalo.

Bod -

Sorry- don't keep ex-players weights in the memory banks for too long because I DON'T CARE! All I know is that he sucked, we cut him, & you guys picked him up. Do you know Searcy's lowest playing weight for the Ravens? How bout the Jags? Come on! What's the point ?

I don't know Searcy's lowest weight because HE WASN'T ON MY TEAM!!!!

You just showed me what I needed to know. Nails' only problem was his weight/conditioning, so you should have had an idea about his weight.

That is why i am a real fan, and you just see Sunday scores and root for whoever won that weekend.

Good point bod. I knew he was 377 when we drafted him & he sucked.

Now you have him! Have fun!

You guys want a respectable forum & you debate weights of castoff backups?????? LOLOLOL

Yeah I don't know what I'M talking about. How about we debate Ray Lucas or McNown & how much they weigh LOLOL

Back
Top Bottom