Inside Dish: Miami made a steal by adding Searcy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Inside Dish: Miami made a steal by adding Searcy

I agree. From what guys like DCH and OZZY have been saying, Searcy is a workout stud, and is pushing Todd Perry like crazy.

Wannstedt is sure happy about all the negative comments the o line has received lately. Those guys are determined to prove people wrong. Now if we can just keep half of them healthy. :)

Originally posted by dolfan87
Now if we can just keep half of them healthy. :)
especially our 2 LTs and Dixon.

Fiedler wasn't sacked much last year but we didn't convert a lot of 3rd and 1's either.

Searcy didn't do too much for a pitiful offense in Baltimore last year. What's gonna change? The guy's like 40 years old!

Searcy will break down, you guys do realize you have big problems at O-line. I can tell with the threads started Nails, Spriggs, Searcy??

Originally posted by fthefish11
Searcy didn't do too much for a pitiful offense in Baltimore last year. What's gonna change? The guy's like 40 years old!
Searcy will turn 33 at end of 2002 - http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2209 - and was on IR for both of the last 2 seasons. Before that he was a pro bowl RT. It is how he has looked in camp that makes us dolphans optimistic he will return to his Jax/Pitt form

Fthefish if you are gonna run your mouth at least gets your facts straight, its emabarrasing to see a dolphin run you!

Didn't Searcy have knee problems two years ago and something like torn biceps or triceps last year? I'm glad to see he's coming back, he was a quality player. Still a big risk at 33 though.

Searcy isn't truly a steal until has produced. Mini-camps make the worse players look great. I would like to see Searcy push Perry. This could only make Perry a better player. If Searcy passes Perry in the depth chart that means Perry could be another Heath Irwin. Only problem is that with Perry the Phins thought Perry could stabilize RT for a few years. Everyone knew Irwin was a stop gap depth player. On another hand, to have a pro-bowl RT move to RG could make the run game go. Aww, training camp will be exciting this year if everyone was stays healthy.

its ok Fthe, thinking more about the fact he did not play due to torn arms vs DOB anyways

Originally posted by shasta
Searcy will break down, you guys do realize you have big problems at O-line. I can tell with the threads started Nails, Spriggs, Searcy??
I hear ya, but luckily Nails is a backup OG, Spriggs is a backup LT and Searcy may not even beat out Perry for the starting RG position. Those guys may just be backups, but that certainly does not say lots of upgrading our OL. No doubt the OL will be a big concern until we see them w/pads on opening holes for RW.

Back
Top Bottom