Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3

we’re above average, but Pitts/Gesicki goes to being the best tandem in the league
I 100% agree. I just think if we take Sewell at 3, the team would benefit more from trading up to snag Chase or Smith. Likewise if we take Smith or Chase at 3 the team would benefit more from trading up to snag Slater. I have no issue with us drafting Pitts if that is what we want to do, but I have a feeling he could go a lot earlier than people think. A team like the Panthers at 8 could easily draft him.

The Dolphins Front office has shown some consistency the last two years in protecting the cap and expanding our number of draft positions.

If they continue operating like that, I would expect them to trade down from #3 to get another low (top ten) 1st round draft pick and as may other 1st, 2nd or 3rd round draft picks as possible for the 2021, 2022, and 2023 draft.

Do you remember last year folks were screaming that we move up to get Tua? We didn't and we still got Tua and now we have some Lemmings complaining about that pick. We had a 1st round pick that probably wasn't high enough to garner a meaningful trade down for and we were probably going to use it on a QB anyway.

This year, the number 3 pick will be highly desired, enabling some good trade down options for us.

As for our picking up Watson, I feel the FO has shown they are interested in maintaining a good cap position while picking up solid, if not spectacular FA's or trading for a player (and his high salary). This would seem to make it very unlikely they will pick up a player with a heavy salary, like Watson.

I think Waddle is being overrated. Plus his injuries. Dont want to draft injured players.

Prime opportunity to trade down with all the QB needy teams and highly rated QBs coming out. Can easily see any of Carolina, Detroit, Washington, Atlanta, Indy, Denver, NE, Pitt, Chicago, or New Orleans coming up to takea QB and giving up picks/players in return.

With all the old vets retiring we could really see a bidding war for our pick. Carolina and SF are the most likely trade partners imo

With all the old vets retiring we could really see a bidding war for our pick. Carolina and SF are the most likely trade partners imo
Couple questions...Carolina offers you #8 and 2021 1st rounder...

1. Do you accept? If so, who do you think might fall off the board by the time #8 rolls around?
2. If you don't, whats your expected counter/what could work?
3. What would SF have to offer to get you to go all the way to #12, assuming you have the offer from Carolina as well?

1. Do you accept? If so, who do you think might fall off the board by the time #8 rolls around?
3. What would SF have to offer to get you to go all the way to #12, assuming you have the offer from Carolina as well?
Carolina is a perfect trade partner for us. We drop to 8 and we’re all but guaranteed to get 1 of JaMarr Chases DeVonta Smith Jaylen Waddle or Micah Parsons.

Yes if the only thing they offered is their 2022#1 yes I take it and don’t think twice. But I think we’d probably get a sweetener to like a 4th thrown in. But yes yes yes a million times yes.

Carolina 8, 40, 2022 first or second
SF 12, 44, 2022 first and a 2022 third

Hes connected throughout the league. he broke the deal that got us Kiko.

Hes not a armando.

Like it or not Armando has been in the journo business for 3 decades and has numerous connections in the league, as well as being involved in the HOF voting process.

Allbright is a radio guy and is the "NFL Insider" for Pro Football Network (which is a website that was started by a group of Dolphins fans). He's not as well connected as you think he is.

It also goes back to the point of draft season being a time for massive smokescreens and things being leaked into the media in order to influence or mislead other teams.

It's January. The only pick set in stone is pick 1.1, which will be Trevor Lawrence.

So if you trade back to 6th and figure at least two of the top picks will be qbs, Miami would still see Smith, Chase, Parsons or Sewell on the board when it's their turn to pick. It would be hard not to take whoever is left of that foursome and get some decent picks or players in the trade too.
If we have a willing trade pardner

Miami would get more than just a 2022 first rounder by trading out of the top 5. Could possibly be a 1st and 3rd this year, and a 1st and 3rd next year, or maybe even more.

I heard something interesting on a podcast recently where they said if the Dolphins think that 1 of Jackson/Hunt are really good, it may keep them from using 3 overall on Sewell because down the line you may have to pay 2 expensive tackles within 12 months of each other.

We desperately need a #1 receiver. In my mind you have 2 options

A. Take Devonta Smith at 3

B. Trade with Carolina, go to 8 and take whichever of Smith/Chase/Waddle the Eagles don't take.

So is having Carolina's 2nd this year and 1st next year worth the potential of dropping from Smith to Waddle.

Crazy option 3

Trade down to 8.

Take Waddle 8.

Trade UP from 18 using that 3rd 2nd round pick.

Take Pitts as big physical guy (ahead of NE presumably)
Crazy option 3 is not that crazy. Get your RB in round 2 and that could be quite the offence.

Back
Top Bottom