[Intellectually-challenged] Chiefs Fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Intellectually-challenged] Chiefs Fans

Oboy said:
I hate to say it, but I think a lot of us are over-valuing Pat. He is a GREAT Corner, but he is getting older and like previously mentioned... Corners have lost some of their value because of the newly enforced 5 yrd rule. I love Pat and the things he does on the field. Just put yourself in other teams shoes... You would be giving up at least one (draft pick) solid young player which should play on your team for 5+ years (being conservative) for a probowl player that will probably only play on your team for 3 years. Not to mention Pats salary is a lot higher than a rookie's.

Shouldn't good CB's stock go up because of the 5 yard rule?

Jethatr said:
It's only logical. The better a corner is, the better he'll be able to operate within the new rules and still be affective. The worse a corner is, the more the new rule enforcement is going to hurt because they can't grab and bump to make up for their lack of ability.

This CB devaluation talk is bunk.

inFINSible said:
It's only logical. The better a corner is, the better he'll be able to operate within the new rules and still be affective. The worse a corner is, the more the new rule enforcement is going to hurt because they can't grab and bump to make up for their lack of ability.

For some DB's yes. However, Surtain has always been a 'bump and run' corner. That five yard rule was his playing style. His makeup speed is not as fast as some other top corners.

Jethatr said:

No Surtain has always been a physical corner and that is what the enforcement of the rules takes away! when they(media) talked about the rules being enforced Miami always came up.

SirFin said:
I love the Miami Dolphins. I hate the other 31 teams. It has always been that way... since 1971... I have never considered having a second favorite team. It might work for you PNP... but I'm a one-trick pony. Every other team is an enemy... a despised enemy.

The Chiefs are an enemy as well. I like they're offense... they're fun to watch. I haven't liked them until like the 2002 season. I'm a Dolphins fan at heart and always have been. After this season Chiefs are going to lose so many people... Priest... they're line... Trent Green maybe... I'm not loyal to any team but the Phins. You can't honestly tell me there's no other team you like to watch and follow. That's all... I like to watch the Chiefs. And I'd always want Phins to win no matter what, no question.

Oboy said:
For some DB's yes. However, Surtain has always been a 'bump and run' corner. That five yard rule was his playing style. His makeup speed is not as fast as some other top corners.
Exactly, he's already well versed in the rule. That's his style. He's been playing it for years. The rule has been the same, it hasn't changed, he knows how to play within the it.

It didn't seem to effect him much last year. He went from being a pro-bowl corner to a ...pro-bowl corner.

inFINSible said:
Exactly, he's already well versed in the rule. That's his style. He's been playing it for years. The rule has been the same, it hasn't changed, he knows how to play within the it.

It didn't seem to effect him much last year. He went from being a pro-bowl corner to a ...pro-bowl corner.
When is the PB not all about name? Surtain was beat up and down this year. I've rarley seen him being burned and it was a regular thing for him this year. Regardless of the rule, he didn't play up to par.

Isn't Smoot on the market too?

There's alot of good corners available this year. I would rather pick up someone on FA than trade for a Surtain if I were the Chiefs.

inFINSible said:
There are other teams???? :huh:

Yeah, sure there are...the Miami Hurricanes, but that is the only other team I can think of at this moment.

Hostile7 said:
When is the PB not all about name? Surtain was beat up and down this year. I've rarley seen him being burned and it was a regular thing for him this year. Regardless of the rule, he didn't play up to par.

Actually, what happened this year is that Madison had a good year and our run D was so poor that when teams threw at us, SM and PS were shocked !!

Phinnhedd said:
I've been trolling on the chiefs message boards at chiefs planet and some of those guys are seriously intellectually-challenged. They'd rather have some crappy tool CB than Pat Surtain. Call me a homer, but Surtain is the best CB on the market. A lot of them are complaining that giving up a 2nd round pick is dumb. "that they shouldn't trade away their 2nd round pick because they need to fill holes in their defense" ???? How often can you get a CB like Surtain for a very reasonable rate? I for one say **** the chiefs fans (not all of them, just the intellectually-challenged ones) and would like to see Surtain come back next year. **** the pick.

Mod Note: I edited the term "retarded" out of the title and post. This may not seem like the biggest deal to some, but the use of that term has been discussed among the members and staff here before and the consensus came down on the side of trying to show a bit more class and respect for others. Feel free to trash Chiefs fans' arguments on the merits; abstain from using the derogatory term.

Thanks,
P4E

I second this notion --- KC Fans forget that D wins championships and they're getting a shut down corner that can keep up with R. Moss, recently acquired by da' RAiders

We should have extended Surtain last year instead of adding Howard and we wouldn't even discus these trade scenarios this year

inFINSible said:

The logic is that getting the QB before he can get the pass of is more important then ever now. If the QB has time then the WR can beat any CB a lot quicker then before. Because of this the value of blitzing LBs and good pass rushing DEs is going up while the value or corners is going down.

This is one of the best years in a while for getting a CB in the off season. As a Chiefs fan I would be happy to get Surtain for a #2. I would be more happy to get Rolle or Smoot without having to give up a pick. Hell, I would be the most happy of all to get Surtain for a #2 and still pick up Smoot or Baxter or Lucas in FA.

If I were the Dolphins GM then I would give them the impression that no team will get him unless they offer a first, we can definitly force some team into trading us their first to get Surtain

inFINSible said:

No, the change is they are enforcing the rule more often now. In past years they would let some corners get away with a little extra bumping/touching. It doesn't help physical corners, it takes away part of their game, which was a little extra contact.

Back
Top Bottom