Interesting Bledsoe note.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Bledsoe note....

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
I saw this on Dolfantalk.com, it is from a Joel Baucsham article, talking to a Patriots' "insider".....

"A very interesting comment was made to me by a Patriots’ insider regarding Drew Bledsoe. The insider has been around the team for a number of years. He said when he got there, Bledsoe really seemed to care about winning and the game. By the end of the Pete Carroll-era, Bledsoe seemed to be a 9-to-5 guy playing the game for the money and had no passion. He said Bledsoe was emotionless and a zombie at times. The source also said that very often in key situations, Bledsoe seemed to go almost brain dead. And, despite being a very highly intelligent young man was one of the dumbest quarterbacks in the league."

Pretty interesting. Also noted on Dolfntalk.com was a comment made by Peter King saying Tom Brady has been making the rounds as far as Talk shows, magazines, cameos go, and even tho he showed up in good shape for camp, Peter King questioned his focus.

Interesting tidbits.....along with Vinny T and his bad foot, the AFC East QBs seem to be getting a lot of press this offseason.

very interesting - what are the chances that Drew sucks in pre season and Van Pelt gets the nod. That w/b ironic.

or Drew could get his act together :eat:

drew could throw an incomplete pass every down in pre-season adn still be the starter

Interesting. I don't think he was a bad pickup for the Bills, but I think a guy with his track record is far from a savior and I think he would've been a June 1 casualty if no one had called the Pats' bluff. Except for the one Monday night comeback against Miami a few years back, Bledsoe always seemed to be good for that one critical mistake in crunch time. However, he does have a lot to prove this year and that could help him.

Bledsoe is a gun slinger, and I'd give my left nut to have him as the Dolphins QB.

By the end of the Pete Carroll era, if you can call it that, Bledsoe had lost his best RB, his best receiving threat, and his good linemen had all retired or were too old. He started taking a beating, and he had chumps for players around him after Robert Edwards blew his knee out. A lot of his attitude could have been because the Patriots showed no signs of making themselves any better.

Apparantly they were a lot better than he thought, I mean they did win a little ol thing called the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!! That sure is a sign of getting better.

If they showed no sign of improvements then why for the love of God did he sign that massive contract extension???

Riddle me that.

Smoke and mirrors. Last year was smoke and mirrors. I don't even expect them to make the playoffs this year because they have no receivers other than Troy Brown, and I really don't think their OL and Smith can produce the same way they did last year.

JAWS ON BLEDSOE

DID ANY OF YOU SEE THE DRAFT DAY COMPARISION JAWS DID OF BRADY AND BLEDSOE ON THEIR ABILITY TO READ DEFENSES QUICKLY AND MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION.

BASICALLY, JAWS SHOWED THEM RUNNING THE SAME PASS PLAY AGAINST THE SAME TEAM IN A COUPLE GAMES....BLEDSOES FROM WHEN HE WAS PLAYING EARLY IN THE YEAR, BRADY'S WHEN THEY PLAYED THE SAME TEAMS LATER.

BRADY MADE QUICK READS, AND ALMOST ALWAYS MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE ACCORDING TO JAWS. BLEDSOE WAS OFTEN LATER ON THE READ AND PUT HIMSELF AT RISK AND/OR THREW THE INT OR INC ON THE SAME PLAYS. IT WAS A REAL EYE OPENER FOR ME SEEING THE TWO ACTUALLY TIMED AND COMPARED ON THE SAME PLAYERS WITH SAME DEFENDERS AND WR'S.

BLEDSOE ISN'T IN THE TOP OF THE QB CLASS ANYMORE, ALTHOUGH I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER HAVE HIM THAN JAY IN OUR CURRENT SYSTEM. BUT THIS SEASON COULD PROVE ME WRONG ON THAT AS I THINK JAY HAS A MUCH BETTER CHANCE TO SUCCEED THAN DOES DREW.

Smoke and Mirrors and a BIG spoonful of Luck. They were in OT against a Bad Bills team and only won because an unconscious WR's leg was touching a ball while his head was out of bounds. They only beat the Raiders because of a BAD CALL (and don't tell me about the tuck rule, that was an obvious fumble) and because they had a capable backup to come in and beat Pitts.

As for beating STL. Take a look at the Rams in big games.
99 Championship game
-Heavily favored over TB, barely win
Superbowl
-Heavily favored over Tenn, barely win
00 playoffs
-can't beat NO
01 Championship game
-heavily favored over Phi, barely win
Superbowl
-Heavily favored over NE, luck runs out, LOSS.

The difference between Bledsoe and Brady is that Bledsoe has the confidence in his ability to wait that extra second for the big play to open up. Brady just played it safe and got the first down.

Personaly, I'd rather have the big play QB. It's ridiculous to think that Bledsoe is on the downswing of his career when he's only 30 years old, but Fiedler is somehow on his upswing and he's the same age.

Bledsoe will be in Buffalo for the next 10 years, whereas when Jay gets cut in 2 years before that option bonus kicks in, I really doubt many teams will be willing to sign him as a starter.

Originally posted by KB21
The difference between Bledsoe and Brady is that Bledsoe has the confidence in his ability to wait that extra second for the big play to open up. Brady just played it safe and got the first down.

Personaly, I'd rather have the big play QB. It's ridiculous to think that Bledsoe is on the downswing of his career when he's only 30 years old, but Fiedler is somehow on his upswing and he's the same age.

Bledsoe will be in Buffalo for the next 10 years, whereas when Jay gets cut in 2 years before that option bonus kicks in, I really doubt many teams will be willing to sign him as a starter.
personally, I'll take winning the SB over periodic big plays anyday. Though the Pats got to the SB the conservative way - good D, STs and running the ball and low TOs

...and a horrific call against the Raiders.

It is a Dolphins site, but I'm not a person that is going to slack other players just because they play on a team I hate, and I won't pump up players on the Dolphins that I do not feel are worthy of their status.

Back
Top Bottom