Interesting Colts stat | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Colts stat

Joe Namath was not a #1 overall pick. And now you’ve gone back 50 years. I’m not arguing against drafting a #1 pick QB overall. I’m just tired of the narratives regarding “This will or will not work because of the specific pick at which the Dolphins select a QB.”
I stand corrected about Namath, but my point is people who bring up #1 overall QB picks are busts is just crazy talk. For all the QB busts there’s plenty of busts in other positions as well. If the Dolphins have a specific player at QB on their board they better do whatever it takes to get him to make this thing work.

That's great. Are you ready to say that this coaching staff is the right choice after one victory? Against the Jets?

How about the other losses this season that far outweigh the one we worthlessly got on Sunday?

Just answer this, is it possible to judge this coaching staff one way or the other this season with this roster? No?

Then I want them to lose every single game for the draft pick.

This is very simple stuff guys.

That IF word can certainly be tricky for some I guess.... I am not ready to say that after one win no... Hence why I said IF we have it won't matter.

So far I like what I've seen very much and yes one can absolutely judge a coaching staff based on this roster if you know what to look for.

If this staff can get enough wins to take us out of the top pick then absolutely we have the right staff in place. It's not that hard guys

I’m sorry but coaching can’t make chicken salad out of chicken **** at qb.

No idea where your going with that but ok cool. I guess your saying anyone drafted in this upcoming draft other than Tua is chicken **** then?

Fact is anyone drafted into the NFL has talent. The situation they are put in and how they are developed play just as much of a factor in the success or failure of a career as anything.

That's great. Are you ready to say that this coaching staff is the right choice after one victory? Against the Jets?

How about the other losses this season that far outweigh the one we worthlessly got on Sunday?

Just answer this, is it possible to judge this coaching staff one way or the other this season with this roster? No?

Then I want them to lose every single game for the draft pick.

This is very simple stuff guys.
It's not that simple. Good coaches are going to develop players. Gesicki, Williams, Charlton, Parker and more have performed better than they ever have under this coaching staff. When players develop the results on the field improve which can lead to wins. If the team lost every single game this year, it would probably mean that Flores was in over his head and we had basically zero players to keep long term.

That leaves you in 2020 with the first pick in the draft along with holes to fill at every position on the field. No amount of free agents and #1 and #2 draft picks is going to fix that problem even with the extra picks in 2021 especially if your head coach sucks. Look at Kitchens. Is he getting the most out of his players?

This just won’t do, the whole,point of being 0-7 was to tank and we are too far down the road now to start talking about wins. We did the right thing by not going 0-16 but we now do the right thing again and go 1-15.

Oi, Taco go warm up with the off you’re playing QB for the rest of the season
I'd be for Taco at QB for the rest of the season.

But why Taco?

IF the team were to manage that, it will not matter who your QB is because you have the best coaching staff in the NFL.

With that said, we beat the Jets, the team played hard and has continued to play hard, but let's not let beating a team coached by Adam Gase and QB'd by captain Turnover lead to any conclusions where we perhaps beat a team like the Colts who have more talent on just the defensive front 7 then we have on our entire team.

The only teams we can legit play with and be in a position to win is the other Jets game and the Bengals.

1-7...I fully expect to be 1-11 facing the Jets a second time.

That's how I see it going. We will be sitting at 1-11. After a couple of **** games from Fitzpatrick, Rosen will be inserted into the line up to finish the season. Id almost put money on it.

The jets will beat us in New York. They literally were down to their 6th linebacker last week. They had 25 guys on the injury report. Gase will be fired and that will give a boost to that team. They arent playing for that guy. They will have Mosely back for that game.

I'd be for Taco at QB for the rest of the season.

But why Taco?

Ha cos he looks so gangly and uncoordinated, but it could be anyone in the dline just not anyone whose brain, hand eye coordination is half useful. U never know from what some people are saying (and I’m not saying I disagree) Flo can and will probably turn a dlinesman into a top QB ..... (I’m not taking a shot at Flo just kidding.......) he’s doing well with what he’s got and as someone else posted he’s probably annoying front office with the improvement we’re seeing.

But the annoyance will be if the tank fails. the improvement is great but not if it comes at a cost to our draft chances that’s what’s we’ve been waiting for and all we’ve been talking about as fins fans for months. So .... Taco.....

No idea where your going with that but ok cool. I guess your saying anyone drafted in this upcoming draft other than Tua is chicken **** then?

Fact is anyone drafted into the NFL has talent. The situation they are put in and how they are developed play just as much of a factor in the success or failure of a career as anything.

that’s not what I’m saying at all.

That's how I see it going. We will be sitting at 1-11. After a couple of **** games from Fitzpatrick, Rosen will be inserted into the line up to finish the season. Id almost put money on it.

The jets will beat us in New York. They literally were down to their 6th linebacker last week. They had 25 guys on the injury report. Gase will be fired and that will give a boost to that team. They arent playing for that guy. They will have Mosely back for that game.

I seriously doubt Mosley plays again this year.

Unfortunately Dolphins defense has a great reputation of making "No Name" WR's superstars. No TY Hilton, someone else will step in and get 200yds receiving.
Their TE's will eat our lunch. We've never been able to guard quality TE's, or even average ones. A combination of that + Colts run game will control the clock and the score.

Crazy Civil war of dolphin fans one group calls out the other for how to root for the same team. I am in the camp of wanting to win no matter what, face it we need everything and have a ton of picks and money. I still want to be entertained in this lost season, we just lost the reason to watch when Preston went down, I want to see this band of misfits compete every game, I know they will lose most games going forward but you watch teams get good week to week during losing seasons, the energy usually carries over to the next season

Then let’s pick even later because it sure has worked out pretty well for the Patriots.
Come on Spiff, you know that with Belichick and Brady at the helm, the Patriots have proven that they can plug and play basically anyone at most any position and be successful.

Two key people that we lack.

Back
Top Bottom