Interesting Draft Preview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Draft Preview

That was a pretty good view point of the positions. After reading it, it sounds like the safer bet is to draft Brown at #2.

PhinDude88 said:
That was a pretty good view point of the positions. After reading it, it sounds like the safer bet is to draft Brown at #2.

I disagree. Trade down with a team in love with some player. That way, we'd get a high pick and some extra picks.

ih8brady said:
I disagree. Trade down with a team in love with some player. That way, we'd get a high pick and some extra picks.

I would love to trade down, but not to far. But if we do stay at #2, it should be Brown since he a complete RB.

ih8brady said:

i agree with you bro - lots of equal value in the top of the draft - i say draft down just enough to still get a good player we want and grab some picks in the process - it's the bonus plan

I think Brown is the best option at 2 regardless of anything else than that of his on-field excellence.

Well, it states a lot of what I've been saying on this board. First of all, if you want a starting quarterback, you better take one on the first day of the draft. Secondly, a running back that can affect the game in both the running game and the passing game is more valuable than a wide receiver or a one dimensional running back.

This is why I have been saying that Ronnie Brown would make the biggest impact on this offense, because he will upgrade the running game instantly as well as upgrade the passing game with his presence as a receiver and a blocker on the blitz pick up. It is also why you have to look at him differently than you look at other running backs. Ronnie brings it all to the table. He's a great runner who is probably the best receiver in the draft as well.

Its driving me crazy, i wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

ih8brady said:

Hey Ricky.....No one is going to trade down with us......If they do it will be the last 5 secs on the clock.....

:nesucks::billsbite:jetssuck:

KB21 said:
Well, it states a lot of what I've been saying on this board. First of all, if you want a starting quarterback, you better take one on the first day of the draft. Secondly, a running back that can affect the game in both the running game and the passing game is more valuable than a wide receiver or a one dimensional running back.

This is why I have been saying that Ronnie Brown would make the biggest impact on this offense, because he will upgrade the running game instantly as well as upgrade the passing game with his presence as a receiver and a blocker on the blitz pick up. It is also why you have to look at him differently than you look at other running backs. Ronnie brings it all to the table. He's a great runner who is probably the best receiver in the draft as well.[/QUOTEMore]

Rock on brother!
:beerbang:

KB21 said:

This is why I have been saying that Ronnie Brown would make the biggest impact on this offense, because he will upgrade the running game instantly as well as upgrade the passing game with his presence as a receiver and a blocker on the blitz pick up. It is also why you have to look at him differently than you look at other running backs. Ronnie brings it all to the table. He's a great runner who is probably the best receiver in the draft as well.

KB, you are one of the reasons I love being on this board. You always bring good info and you use common sense when posting. I have to ask, are you really stating that Brown is the best receiver in this year's class?

Phinadict said:
KB, you are one of the reasons I love being on this board. You always bring good info and you use common sense when posting. I have to ask, are you really stating that Brown is the best receiver in this year's class?

I'm not stating it, but I've heard several coaches make the comment that Ronnie Brown has better hands than any of the receivers in the draft. I am saying that I have seen Ronnie Brown make over the shoulder catches that would make the wide receivers in this draft jealous. This guy is very smooth in his pass patterns, and he catches the ball with his hands as opposed to with his body. I saw him in several games over his career, and I don't remember him dropping very many passes, if any.

With the multiple wide formations that Scott Linehan will be using, it puts more of an emphasis on getting a back that can pick up a blitz. Spreading out the offense leaves the five linemen and the back for pass protection.

I've been leaning toward taking a Q.B. in the first round but unless the guy comes on as fast as Big Ben he won't help us this year. Honestly, what would help the most THIS season would be Ronnie Brown or Benson. Either guy would upgrade the team right away.

It is a decent analysis but it is also lacking. I'm sure you all know you can make a report say just about anything you want or slant it in a direction. Notice that the top 10 WRs listed....they don't show the # of years in the league or when (what year) they became starters. For RB's...it doesn't show which round they were drafted in or years in league, when they started etc. (to compare against the WR round numbers, for 'top 10') and it only lists passes for RBs...not yards or production on the ground (although granted from the names...we know they're good).

The biggest gleen of information that I got which I considered truly meaningful was the number of teams starting a 1st round QB (19 or 59%) and in the 2nd round (3 for 9%).

Back
Top Bottom