Interesting Hypothetical Situation (draft Related) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Hypothetical Situation (draft Related)

Chuck-182

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'll probably get some **** for this but let me throw a hypothetical draft situation at you guys to see what you think.

I've seen a few mock drafts that have Saquon Barkley falling towards the bottom of the top 10. I know it's unlikely but let's say come draft day, we get to pick 8 or 9 and Barkley is still there. Would you guys be interested in trading up? I know we have Drake and he's great but Barkley seems to be the kind of game-changing back like Ezekiel Elliot and Leonard Fournette from the past few drafts. I know it depends on what we'd have to give up but in 2013 when we traded up for Dion Jordan we went from pick 12 to 3 and basically only had to give up one 2nd rounder.

I know it's completely hypothetical and very unlikely but it's just something that popped in my head.

I am of the opinion that Saquon Barkley is the best RB to come out of college since Adrian Peterson...I think he's going to be the sort of player that defenses have to scheme for and stack the box against.

So if he's there at, say...8? I pick up the phone and see what it would cost.

I'll probably get some **** for this but let me throw a hypothetical draft situation at you guys to see what you think.

I've seen a few mock drafts that have Saquon Barkley falling towards the bottom of the top 10. I know it's unlikely but let's say come draft day, we get to pick 8 or 9 and Barkley is still there. Would you guys be interested in trading up? I know we have Drake and he's great but Barkley seems to be the kind of game-changing back like Ezekiel Elliot and Leonard Fournette from the past few drafts. I know it depends on what we'd have to give up but in 2013 when we traded up for Dion Jordan we went from pick 12 to 3 and basically only had to give up one 2nd rounder.

I know it's completely hypothetical and very unlikely but it's just something that popped in my head.

No R1 RB

If Miami gets Barkley, it will no doubt instantly make Miami's offense extremely formidable, but will not make them a championship team.

Miami gets one of the top LBs, and a top TE they can count on, If Tannehill is healthy, the team will be better.

There is nothing Elliot and Fournette can do, that Drake can not if he's the same RB we saw last year. Miami with Tannehill w/ a running game can move the offense Goal line to goal line, add a premium TE, adds more scoring...get a Top LB, the defense will be better then last year.

If Miami gets Barkley, it will no doubt instantly make Miami's offense extremely formidable, but will not make them a championship team.

Miami gets one of the top LBs, and a top TE they can count on, If Tannehill is healthy, the team will be better.

There is nothing Elliot and Fournette can do, that Drake can not if he's the same RB we saw last year. Miami with Tannehill w/ a running game can move the offense Goal line to goal line, add a premium TE, adds more scoring...get a Top LB, the defense will be better then last year.
that's not a bad mock you have there

Good question. I may be in the minority, but I think Guice is a possible target at #11 or with a trade down.

Miami was pretty successful two years ago when they suddenly discovered a running game

Pass. RB is not a spot I want to lock big money in or trade picks for.

Not even when you consider what a good running game did for us in 2016 or look at what Zeke was able to do for the Cowboys? Barkley seems to be a premium talent, something our offense currently does not have.

I agree with SF. I think Guice is better running between the tackles, which is the reason I would not move up for Barkley.
Michel and Chubb are also good but more for a zone scheme. All have the speed to bounce it outside as well. Penny is a sleeper too.

He's not our #1 need unfortunately, the Phins have to pass.

Back
Top Bottom