Interesting Hypothetical Situation (draft Related) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Hypothetical Situation (draft Related)

I honestly want no part of a 1st round RB, but Barkley would be awfully tempting. I don't think I'd trade up for him though. Hell as good as I think he'll be I don't even think I'd take him at #11 if Fitzpatrick was there too.

The Cowboys were able to justify taking Elliott so high in the draft, after having one of the top offensive lines in the league.

It's never smart to move up in a draft unless it is for a qb. It would be downright reprehensible if this team, or any team for that matter, traded away draft picks to move up for a running back.

Drake... Gore... Barkley or Guice or Sony...

Not many teams have that kind of RB firepower. Something to consider.

A lot of ball-control offense can be its OWN defense. They can't score if they don't have the ball.

He’s a ridiculous athlete. If he’s there at 11 take him...
But I say no way he’ll be there.
That’s fine tho - 11 gets Miami an elite athlete in this draft...
This draft is strong where we are weak.

Not even considering a back's low shelf life... I think if the blocking is the same and defenses can't play 8 in the box all the time, Guice would be just as productive as Barkey For example if I need a big first down and I have a decent line I think Guice has just as much of a chance to produce as Barkey. If Barkley is better it's not by the margin people think

Drake... Gore... Barkley or Guice or Sony...

Not many teams have that kind of RB firepower. Something to consider.

A lot of ball-control offense can be its OWN defense. They can't score if they don't have the ball.
I think fans take for granted what a really good running game can do for a team. We are so accustomed now to seeing chunk plays that those short gains in critical moments seem kind of ho hum.

Yet those are the plays that keep drives alive. Not necessarily advocating first round, but not against it either.

This team has too many holes and we NEED to start hitting on our draft picks. I don't want to move up for anyone! If he was there when we pick, maybe....but that isn't going to happen. Hell, I won't mind moving back and picking up more picks!

Just reading my post from before, i meant to say pass on trading up for him originally... i would probably pass on him at 11 too BUT you could bet your ass someone would give us a good amount of picks to trade up

I have to disagree with the notion that he is a bell cow like Zeke or Fournette. To me he is more like a Christian Mcaffery.

Back
Top Bottom