Interesting Justin Herbert article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Justin Herbert article

I firmly believe Justin Herbert will be a journeyman QB in the NFL.

I surely hope the Dolphins see the same thing.

The point of NFL is to win the super bowl. Titans made it to AFC Champ game with a journeyman QB.

49ers made it to Super Bowl with a journeyman QB, beating the elite Rodgers.

Put Rodgers or Brady on the Bengals and they wont go anywhere.

The point of NFL is to win the super bowl. Titans made it to AFC Champ game with a journeyman QB.

Put Rodgers or Brady on the Bengals and they wont go anywhere.
I've seen this argument before... Is it by design that you include 2 teams with "journey man QBs" that almost made it but conveniently dont talk about the Team that actually won the damn thing with the best QB in the NFL...?

I've seen this argument before... Is it by design that you include 2 teams with "journey man QBs" that almost made it but conveniently dont talk about the Team that actually won the damn thing with the best QB in the NFL...?

I don't quite understand Chris' logic, but I'll mostly agree with his last line . . . "Put Rodgers or Brady on the Bengals and they wont go anywhere." I do think the Bengals (or any poor team) would have been better, but not playoff level better. We've seen Brady and Rodgers when the talent around them deteriorates and the QBs do not play at the same level. Throw in a non-HOF HC and it gets worse.

Nor do I understand the connection to Herbert. Some think he'll be a journeyman, some think he'll be an average QB, and some think he'll make top 10. Speculating about any one of those is premature.

he’s just an arm thrower. just like mahomes. Their strokes actually remind me a lot of each other’s, butmahomes just has much more active feet.

Also Gordon doesn’t generate nearly as much torque. Something I think mahomes developed big time over the last two years w/ getting his lower body involved. Not that it lacked at TTU, but was much more bare than it is now.

You do not HAVE to have a legit "franchise" QB to win big in the NFL, but it makes it so much easier.

Sure you can have success with a Jimmy G or a Tannehill(you should remember that TENN does not even makes the Playoffs if Houston does not rest all their guys btw...)but you have to excel in other areas and that is hard to do consistently.

KC won all of their playoff games, including the Super Bowl because they had Mahomes and the other team didn't.

Is there aMahomes in this draft? Probably not. Probably not next year or the year after either. But there may well be a SB winning QB among Tua/Burrow/Fields/Lawrence, let alone guys like Herbert and Love.

The mission for the Fins is to identify the guy they want and then go get him.If that means trading up then they do it.

They just have to pick the right guy that's all.

If a journeyman QB satisfies your needs, one can easily be obtained w/o wasting a top draft pick.

The Titans got their journeyman with a 4th round pick while the 49ers got their journeyman with a 2nd round pick (43rd pick).

So riddle me why the Dolphins need to waste #5 on someone like Justin Herbert?

Hell, the Dolphins already have a journeyman QB on the roster. Why not just stick with him? If they need a younger version, they’ve still got Rosen on the roster and many options available via FA or a less costly trade.

The ‘real‘ point is to make the most of your assets and not waste top picks overdrafting a QB they already have or can get for far less.

IF the Fins can't get the guy they want, or won't pay the price to get the guy they want, then I am fine with a non QB draft. Load up on OL/DL and build a team that you can then plug a QB into easily.

Take the best OL/DL player at 5 and then draft Love later in Round 1(he could be there at 18 or maybe you move up a little) and groom him to be your guy, with good coaching you could strike gold with the kid.

I would have to see the price for moving up for Tua obviously. If it isn't a terrible one sided deal i make the move up(assuming I have to have Tua).IF you love a QB you pay the price and get him.

KC and Mahomes is a great example of why you should do that.

Wash and RG3 is a great example of why you should not do that.

You better fall in love with the right guy.

I think many others here have said this multiple times throughout the year, but when I watch Justin Herbert I see a combination of Josh Allen and Ryan Tannehill. Herbert is that prospect that I desperately want to like, but something keeps holding me back.

Back
Top Bottom