Interesting Mock w/ Trades

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://nfldraft.arctist.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1731

confusing...
• Miami trades pick 2 to Tampa for pick 5 and pick 36, getting back the 2nd rounder Nick Saban covets (to use as trade material as we’ll see…). Tampa gets the player they want and need the most.
• Cleveland trades down with San Diego for both of their 1st rounders, allowing them to add two quality players instead of one. San Diego gets a stud.
Eagles trade their 1st, 2nd (NOT Miami's), and 5th to Chiefs for their 1st so they can grab the soaring player they want. Chiefs trade 2nd to Miami for Patrick Surtain.
• Indianapolis trades out of the 1st rd to save some money and acquire multiple early picks to immediately strengthen D, taking Miami’s two 2nd rounders (from TB and KC). Miami gets two picks in 1st round to help immediately address talent level.
• Carolina trades it’s 2nd and 3rd rounders to Chicago for Chicago’s 2nd rounder. Carolina targets a dropping Olineman they really want…

Our Picks...
Round 1
A)Cadillac Williams, RB Auburn
B)DeMarcus Ware, LB/DE Troy State

It's confusing and probably won't happen, but I would not complain about wither player.

I think TB would also have to give a third, so then we would have 2 3rd's. And if we got a second rounder from cheifs, we would have the #5 overrall, 2 2nds, 2 3rds. Now, would you rather have that scenario, or take Alex Smith at #2, a real stud.

Confusing, but interesting. Too many trades to really play out on draft day imo, and some of those choices... Tb trades with Miami to take... Brown? Smith falling to 11 from 2?

I don't see Miami trading picks away. They want quantity.

ChambersWI said:
http://nfldraft.arctist.com/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1731

confusing...
• Miami trades pick 2 to Tampa for pick 5 and pick 36, getting back the 2nd rounder Nick Saban covets (to use as trade material as we’ll see…). Tampa gets the player they want and need the most.
• Cleveland trades down with San Diego for both of their 1st rounders, allowing them to add two quality players instead of one. San Diego gets a stud.
Eagles trade their 1st, 2nd (NOT Miami's), and 5th to Chiefs for their 1st so they can grab the soaring player they want. Chiefs trade 2nd to Miami for Patrick Surtain.
• Indianapolis trades out of the 1st rd to save some money and acquire multiple early picks to immediately strengthen D, taking Miami’s two 2nd rounders (from TB and KC). Miami gets two picks in 1st round to help immediately address talent level.
• Carolina trades it’s 2nd and 3rd rounders to Chicago for Chicago’s 2nd rounder. Carolina targets a dropping Olineman they really want…

Our Picks...
Round 1
A)Cadillac Williams, RB Auburn
B)DeMarcus Ware, LB/DE Troy State

It's confusing and probably won't happen, but I would not complain about wither player.

It would be just great to trade down and see who falls to us for a change instead of reaching for need. A perfect example is that Wilfork fell to us but instead of taking the mammoth DT we throw our forth away and go up to get Carey because we got jobbed by the Eagles on Andrews. That's panic IMO. We need a surer hand and value is the key. TV just said we're taking Smith OR trading picks with Tampa Bay and picking up a 2 and 3 in addition to their #5 overall. Either way we win big. I'm liking the tradedown. We could really use 3 picks instead of 1. Who will fall to us at#5? Braylon?, Benson?,Ronnie?, or M. Williams? We could probably get Caddy at #5. Wow!

Back
Top Bottom